Viewing wishes from GF?

KimR

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Needs to lay off t
We missed wishes last year and I am really looking forward to it this time. But since we are going the first week of April I am anticipating large crowds and I'm thinking that it might be better to watch the show from our resort (Grand Floridian) rather than fight the crowds at MK. But then I wonder if we will be missing something by not being in the MK. Is it just as good from the beach at the GF (or the Poly - I suppose we could stroll down there to watch if it is better)? Also, are you able to hear the music from the resorts?

It is MUCH better from the MK than from the GF. The music isn't piped in at the GF, I'm not sure about the Poly. The show just isn't the same without the music and narrative. Stay one night and see it. Getting back to the GF will be a snap, just head for the resort launch, the first stop is the GF.

If you want to watch wishes at the hotel we like to watch it down at the marina in front of Gasparilla's. The music was piped in last July, but it was not as loud as we would have liked. We had seen it at the park already so it was nice to be able to relax and watch it at our hotel.

We are going the first week of April too, and I don't think the crowds will be too bad. Since Easter comes so early, I think a lot of the crowds will be in March. Don't get me wrong, it will be BUSY, but not crazy!! Def do wishes from MK, or at least from one of the restaurants that pipe in the music like California Grill or Ohanas.

Amanda

The boat landing at the GF is also another location to watch the fireworks from. It gets you as close as you can get at GF and you would also see the fireworks reflecting off the lake. I don't know about the music.

Certainly watching Wishes outside the park is better than not seeing it. But to get the full impact you need to be in the park.

To me it would be worth the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!