Viewing areas for the Drone Show at Disney Springs?

ekatiel

DIS Veteran
I know it doesn't start until tonight, but does anyone know if there are designated viewing areas or where might be the best spot to see it?

I know that all of this is speculation, since the show hasn't started yet, but I wonder if anyone thinks that the drone show would be visible from Saratoga Springs, since it is apparently being performed over the water. Perhaps someone who experiences in during the next few nights will have more knowledge about this and will share their viewing experience.

DS was showing me someone's video and their view was not good. Anything that is more flat like the bird ... you couldn't make it out, just looked like a bunch of lights.

There is a walkway behind Starbucks between there and Bongos. We stood in that area behind the food trucks and had a great view. Wasn't sure if everything was supposed to be a design, but did see the bird/angel? and the tree was great. It was a short show but was really incredible technology! We look forward to seeing how they'll update it in the future. You can watch it at the area by Boathouse where they sometimes have live music, but you wouldn't be able to make out the shapes from there.

Good to know. We'll be going again to DisneyQuest so it'd be cool to see it

I know that all of this is speculation, since the show hasn't started yet, but I wonder if anyone thinks that the drone show would be visible from Saratoga Springs, since it is apparently being performed over the water. Perhaps someone who experiences in during the next few nights will have more knowledge about this and will share their viewing experience.
yes the show can be viewed from Saratoga, actually the guests there are getting full blasted by the music and lights. I saw the show on Media night and thought that the guests there would be really happy or really annoyed, this is why I think they took away the 3rd show time that was around 10ish

Here now and waiting to see Santa. The pager won't go off until around 6:15. Is there anywhere near the marketplace area that has a good view of the Drone show?

Here now and waiting to see Santa. The pager won't go off until around 6:15. Is there anywhere near the marketplace area that has a good view of the Drone show?
head towards the causeway (bridge between Lego and Rainforest) that might be the best place

Anywhere along the water is a decent view. It's across the lake closer to saratoga. They don't turn off the lights at springs to see it better and there isn't really a good dark spot next to the water but there are a couple places where there is excessive lights (like right on top of characters of flight).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter