• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Vienen mis amigos a la Coronado Springs --- A September 2014 Pre-Trip Report

First off I love the shirts, you did an awesome job!

Your plans sound great, sorry about American Idol closing early but at least you still get to see your man :rotfl:

I like to end our vacations with a Chef Mickey reservation too! Usually after we head to DTD but we also haven't stayed on site so we don't have the luxury to heading back to our hotel. :)

Awesome about the magic bands!!:banana: I would love to see them with the covers! Sorry about the chicks and the house, hopefully someone will come around soon with a better offer. Disney is so close now! I mean the last step (before packing) is receiving the bands!:cheer2:

I’ll have to take a pic of them with the coverbands on. I think I did, but I’ll have to find it! I cannot believe how close the trip is now!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
Woot! Woot! For MAGIC BANDS!!!

Sorry for the sale falling through. Hopefully, the bearded man comes by soon. Yay for the magic bands coming.

:)

I can't believe our trips are getting so close! 3 weeks!! I am feeling the same way as you. I've never done so much planning for a vacation, yet I keep thinking I am forgetting something. How I am possibly going to sleep the weekend before we leave I do not know! I just got the BOG email too- i'm excited since I really wanted to go there for a meal! DBF is picky too, but I just ordered for him. Hopefully he likes it! The girls must have had such a great time in Boston! It looked so fun!! :)

It’s crazy how soon we leave!! Yeah, watch, we’ll both forget to pack underwear or something….LOL!! Yes, we all had a great time in Boston, even though the trip was only overnight. I think next year we are planning to stay in NYC for a week and go to a concert in Boston. Who knows. But if we do that…..there will be no Disney trip next year! :scared1: Let’s get this trip in first!!

WOW! That looks like a FUN weekend in Boston! I am dying at the cutout in your car! TOO FUNNY!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl: Looks like the girls def had great seats!! Glad she had fun!! And yay for BOG FP!! I don't think dining at 2 castles in one day is too much, but maybe I am just a Princess like that! ;) I would make sure that your lunch is a late one though, as the breakfast will probably be pretty filling! ::yes:: And you're so funny with being nervous! Don't be! You have it all planned out so well, it's going to be GREAT!

Oh, I am definitely a princess so castle meals are for me!! Victoria actually did pick out a meal she says she won’t hate. What she is going to hate is me wearing my tiara. Hey, it’s MY castle….I have to wear a tiara! Oh, I’m still nervous. I can have every little detail planned out to a T and something will still not go right. And I’ll cry. And then I’ll get over it because it won’t ruin my trip! That’s just the way it goes!!

Yay for Be our Guest lunch. We have decided we might take our picky eater to eat at a different counter service before the rest of us eat at Be Our Guest. It may even end up being her and DH cuz he is pretty picky too. Yup I feel disorganized before a trip starting about a month before we leave and like I will forget something but mine isnt anxiety so much. Until the night/day of if we are flying. I used to love to fly but now I am always freaking out. DH thankfully knows and sits with DD while I just chill with my ipod or book that I will help me forget about the plane ride. I normally do end up forgetting something but normally it is something minor. Yay on getting some Disney projects done. :goodvibes I tried to get some the other day put the stuff isnt printing right :confused3 I am hoping DH can figure it out for me. Looks like you guys had a great time in Boston!!! YAY!!!

Oh, I love to fly. I tell you, I feel a lot safer flying than I did in that freaking Boston traffic!! Ugh!! Hopefully I don’t lose that confidence. My mom has. She used to fly all over and now she’s afraid. She’s 74 now. I offer to fly with her like a good daughter but she refuses to travel as much. As for Disney projects I still have 2 t-shirts to make and then I’m done. Well, that is unless I think of something else to do. I did have to google how to do transfers on my new printer as it does not have the option “mirror image” that I’m used to. It’s ok, thanks to Google it worked!

I absolutely love the shirts you made! Now I have a new project idea...:cool1:

:love:

Oh gosh I've been away for a bit, trying to catch up! I'm sorry about the house! I'm not psychic but I think that it may mean a better offer is to come! I'm sorry about the chicks as well, that's a very big bummer! At least you knew it was a possibility! Traffic in Boston DOES sound a lot like Chicago. (I'm from Indianapolis but only 3 hours from Chicago so we visit a few times a year) I can't stand when people don't use their turn signal! Otherwise it sounds like it was a great trip for you all! Victoria looks amazing in that colour! I don't often buy higher end products but sometimes you just gotta spoil yourself right? I'm not sure I would be a fan of shopping in the Chanel store though. That picture of you two is so cute! Frame it! Also on board with GO SWIM IN THE POOL! I wish we had a pool! We have a rec center with a great pool but it's always very crowded. I got the Corque Monsour last year at BOG and didn't like it at all. I also got a cream puff and it was gross. Looking at the menu this year not much appealed to me but it's so hard to resist eating in the castle! We ultimately ended up choosing one of the kids meals for us in addition to a roast beef sandwich.! It does seem like there isn't a lot to choose from doesn't it?

Ok, I must say in my defense that trying to swim in 70 degree pool water when it’s only 70 degrees outside is not warm!! I’m going to try again this weekend, but I do not like water that’s below 80! It’s too stinking cold!! I am definitely buying a pool heater for next year!! The YMCA is actually closed this week for its annual maintenance so I only have one day of Aquafit. And, my back is going into spasms so Zumba is out for this week. Poor me……LOL! Thanks for the compliment on the pic of Victoria and I. I actually like it and I don’t usually like pics of myself!

Hey Ann, :wave2: I'm so happy for you that your trip is coming up in such a short amount of time...:thumbsup2 I'll be looking forward to that trip report...I love Boston and come on look and that awesome bag Victoria got with her lipstick ;) she looks completely blissed out... she looks great btw-hoping all is well with her...Sorry to hear about your chicken woes :( we kinda convinced David that we'd consider doing bees in the spring but probably not chickens plus we adopted a sweet little female bulldog so not sure that would be a great mix... fortunately he starts a new school next year and they just added a garden and a chicken coop!) We were supposed to do a summer trip to Acadia but unfortunately life had other plans so it didn't happen...hoping maybe next summer... and I just found out that DH booked a short but sweet trip to Dis/Universal 3 nights at Key West & 2 at Hard Rock in December since we missed our summer trip ... ok I will be a baby and complain just a little- I love New England summers and especially Maine...btw... If you like Boston- you really should come to Philadelphia sometime... it's pretty cool here...just saying...:rolleyes1

Oh Patricia…you don’t know how much you’ve helped me with Victoria. Yeah, we’ve had some spells but I keep remembering what you told me ---- that there are going to be up and downs with her condition and to try not to panic. School (her trigger) is coming up on the 28th and this year she is taking advance placement courses, so I know it’s going to be a tough year. She does still see her counselor on a weekly basis and is still on meds and I expect that’s just how it’s going to be. How’s Emily doing? I really miss talking with you!! Sorry you couldn’t visit Acadia this year. We didn’t either and it’s only 2 hours away from us! Life does get in the way sometimes, doesn’t it? Like I said, I don’t know where Victoria gets her love for all things expensive. I was never a “label” girl, but boy, she is. She needs to get a job if she wants all the good things in life! But yes, she was in her glory in Boston. I love to see her like that! As for Philly, maybe next summer. Right now it’s looking like no Disney trip for 2015. It looks like we are going to a summer trip to NYC. Hey another 2 hours and we can go to Philly, right? There’s lots of sites to see, right? It may just happen!!!

It’s crazy how soon we leave!! Yeah, watch, we’ll both forget to pack underwear or something….LOL!! Yes, we all had a great time in Boston, even though the trip was only overnight. I think next year we are planning to stay in NYC for a week and go to a concert in Boston. Who knows. But if we do that…..there will be no Disney trip next year! :scared1: Let’s get this trip in first!!

Hahahaha oh my gosh hopefully now we WONT forget underwear! :rotfl:

I think I need to start trying on outfits I'm planning and just setting them aside so packing won't be so hectic. We have a CRAZY busy next 2 weeks so I have to find time to finish getting things in order for this trip!!

I LOVE your anniversary shirts! They are adorable!! What a great way to celebrate an anniversary too! :lovestruc

I am in the same indecisive boat for QS lunches at MK! I am usually a very indecisive person in general, which is why I think this vacation will be so great because everything is planned so I won't have many decisions to make once I'm there! :)

I think I have been stalling in writing in my PTR because I'm down to the last 2 days and it makes me sad!! :guilty:

At least we'll get to re-live the trip when we get back with a TR! :cheer2:

James was able to help me with the printer so I got everything printed now to borrow my sisters laminating machine.

Those shirts are awesome!!!

Your plans sound great! We will be in MK that day as well.

I'm sorry about the AIE, I actually never got to see the show.

Happy Early Anniversary. Our Anniversaries are 2 days apart ours is the 16th.

I love the anniversary t-shirts! That design is beautiful.

Your FP+ for the Magic Kingdom day are exactly what I'm hoping to get (although not the exact times). Great choices!

Switching your ADR at Tony's for later in the day was such a smart move.

Plans all look great. Sad that you can't audition for American Idol Experience, but oh well ... hopefully Disney is making room for something bigger and better that you can enjoy on your next trip!

Your trip is so soon - YAY! I hope everyone is excited!

:yay: You get to do CRT and BOG on the same day! :yay: Wow, True would be so jealous if I told her about the One Direction concert! I’m glad Victoria had fun :goodvibes Chanel lipstick?!? How nice! That is a beautiful color on her! I can’t believe you got in trouble at the Chanel store for taking pictures! :lmao: Don’t they know that moms like to take pictures??? Nice indoor pool and Jacuzzi in the hotel. It looks like you all had fun! LOVE the anniversary shirts that you made! Less than two weeks to go, buddy! :cool1:

Love the shirts that you made! They are adorable!

I can certainly understand why you would change your Tony's reservation around. Because we travel during the hotter months, we don't do full service meals at lunch time. I'd be done for the day. :rotfl:

Awww, you are going to celebrate your anniversary at WDW!

Real-life Updates:

Well, my baby’s first day of her junior year in high school!! OMG!! Where have the years gone? She had gone to school this past Monday to get her schedule adjusted as they had her taking all of her core courses in a row: Advanced Placement History, Advance Placement English, Algebra II and Chemistry. Yeah, no, I don’t think so. Now she has them broken up between the 2 semesters. She was very, very worried about missing a lot of work while at Disney and those would have been hard ones to do. I think she now have AP History, AP English with Journalism and something else elective thrown in. Much, much better. She hasn’t called me to come pick her up, so that’s a good sign. She was also worried about avoiding Kali and that friend group. I just texted her to ask how lunch went because that’s when there would be a confrontation if there were going to be one. Wow…what a difference a year makes. Oh, I know you all are dying to see pics…..

Yeah, that’s my baby!!!! Speaking of my baby, she wanted one last hurrah with just Mama before she started school. We watched the weather and decided that Tuesday I was too sick to go into work. (none of you have EVER done that, have you?) We decided to go to FunTown which is an amusement park about 1 hour away. We’ve gone there several times all throughout her childhood and even mine! That park has been around for a long time!! As Erin would say……but first a selfie….

And a demon selfie….

“Mom, I don’t have any sunglasses” ok, well it’s a detour to the dollar store for some cheap sunglasses! Here are the choices:

And we’ve arrived…..

We were having so much fun!!! But we both noticed something……I think we’ve outgrown this park. Not that we didn’t enjoy it, but we were surrounded by all these 8 and 9 year olds who were in little groups like their parents just dropped them off to wander. Yeah, we both felt old.

I love, love, love this ride!!!

I hate, hate, hate this ride:

I like the swinging part, but then it leans you back and forth. DO NOT LIKE THAT PART!!!

Our last ride of the day was the pirate ship (Sea Dragon). Of course we sat in the back seat.

cont'd in next post (I'm over image limit!!! :confused3)

Yep, we were done after being there for only about 3 hours. We were both getting hungry and wanted to eat at a place we eat at annually when we stay in Old Orchard Beach ---- Dunston School House Restaurant. This place was actually an old school house and now it’s a culinary school with a dining area. The students are the chefs. Everyone in my family loves it here. It’s only about 20 minutes from FunTown so we decided to go there.

Where to now, Victoria??? Why the Mall in Portland, of course! How silly of me!!! Another 15 minute drive down Payne Road and there we are…..at the Mall…

Trying on flower crowns…

Out front of the Tardis

And pretending she’s a Weeping Angel….

There was soo much Doctor Who stuff out due to the new season. It was so cool. Like bowties. Bowties are cool!!

And the day could just not be complete without a visit to:

Yep…..that was our outing! Doesn’t it look like fun? It really was! My little baby is awesome to spend a day with.

In Disney-related news, I made the following tshirts:

And purchased the following 2 items for me to wear at Disney:

Yep, it was a great day!!!!

Well, I figured since we are both in the same FB September trip planning group, we both post on Mo's PTR, and since you are staying at a resort that we have stayed at ten times and love everything about, I ought to join you.

I will come back later to catch up.

And then the task will be to stay caught up with trying to finish my current TR from my girls trip in June and my PTR for hubby's and my trip in 23 days.

Looks like such a fun day with Victoria!! :hug: I loved all the selfies :)

The shirts you made are great!! My favorite is the "My favorite Disney Princess is my Wife" shirt!! princess:

Your day looks like it was so much fun!

I love your shirts, they came out great (especially the one about you being a princess princess:)

The Rapunzel braid and crown are perfect :goodvibes

Ann, I am back and caught up.

I loved the intros. I'm sorry to hear about Victoria and her friend. I hope some day they will become friends again.

Yay for paying your package off right away.

As I said earlier, we LOVE Coronado. You are in an ideal location...close to the main building and a walk over the bridge to the main pool (the quiet pools are great too).

Love the t-shirts you made (I have a similar princess shirt and a prince one too, but I purchased mine).

Your plans sound great. I will try to keep up now.

You are SOOOO close!!! How exciting!!!

Love the update & what a great day with Victoria!

I also LOVE the shirts & am impressed you have a hubby that would wear that. Mine would divorce me. But we all know he's a big ole' Disney spoilspot, don't we?!?! (mine, not yours!).

That's why I have Karen.. to wear awesome shirts with! Ha!

I'm so excited for you and your trip..and can't wait to see the TR come flooding in!

Woo!!

Well that sounds like a fun day! I love the antique cars. They took them out at King's Island (the closet park to us) and it made me so sad!

Has Victoria taken journalism before? I took it and then was in yearbook staff in high school and had a blast, hope she likes it too!

I love those shirts! Especially the first one! I wish I had the energy to make more, but the two were so frustrating for me!

We're so close!

Hahahaha oh my gosh hopefully now we WONT forget underwear! :rotfl: I think I need to start trying on outfits I'm planning and just setting them aside so packing won't be so hectic. We have a CRAZY busy next 2 weeks so I have to find time to finish getting things in order for this trip!! I LOVE your anniversary shirts! They are adorable!! What a great way to celebrate an anniversary too! I am in the same indecisive boat for QS lunches at MK! I am usually a very indecisive person in general, which is why I think this vacation will be so great because everything is planned so I won't have many decisions to make once I'm there! :) I think I have been stalling in writing in my PTR because I'm down to the last 2 days and it makes me sad!! At least we'll get to re-live the trip when we get back with a TR!

You really do need to start getting your clothes together, Lauren. Who am I to talk --- I haven’t tried on my shorts yet, but I’m sure they will fit. It’s a matter of deciding which shirt goes with which shorts. Yeah, haven’t done that yet. Peter did and he’s all set, so that’s one step in the right direction. Thank you for the compliment on our anniversary shirts. I love looking through the Creative Disigns and seeing what would work for us. I’m not usually indecisive and like I’ve said, lunch will all depend on where we are in the park. I guess that makes the most sense.

James was able to help me with the printer so I got everything printed now to borrow my sisters laminating machine. Those shirts are awesome!!! Your plans sound great! We will be in MK that day as well. I'm sorry about the AIE, I actually never got to see the show. Happy Early Anniversary. Our Anniversaries are 2 days apart ours is the 16th.

Yay for getting all of your printing done!!! :cool1: I love those self-laminating sheets you can buy at the office stores. That way, I don’t worry about not having a laminating machine. Hey, maybe we will run into each other in MK. Just look for my LGMH and please don’t be afraid to approach me. I’m very friendly!! :yay: Yay, we are almost anniversary twins! Great minds think alike! My wedding was on the beach in Old Orchard Beach here in Maine. Perfect weather!!

I love the anniversary t-shirts! That design is beautiful. Your FP+ for the Magic Kingdom day are exactly what I'm hoping to get (although not the exact times). Great choices! Switching your ADR at Tony's for later in the day was such a smart move. Plans all look great. Sad that you can't audition for American Idol Experience, but oh well ... hopefully Disney is making room for something bigger and better that you can enjoy on your next trip! Your trip is so soon - YAY! I hope everyone is excited!

Hi Sarah!!! Thank you for the compliment on the anniversary shirts. I wish I could take credit for the design, but I found it on the Creative Disigns board. I really toyed with moving Tony’s and I’m glad I came to the decision (and a time was available!) After we are done we can just leave the park since we are right by the exit. I think it’s perfect. Yeah, I am bummed about AIE, but such is life. I can’t believe the trip is now 11 days away. Holy Poop!!! But I’m ready and so is my family. I think we all need a break!

You get to do CRT and BOG on the same day! :yay: Wow, True would be so jealous if I told her about the One Direction concert! I’m glad Victoria had fun :goodvibes Chanel lipstick?!? How nice! That is a beautiful color on her! I can’t believe you got in trouble at the Chanel store for taking pictures! Don’t they know that moms like to take pictures??? Nice indoor pool and Jacuzzi in the hotel. It looks like you all had fun! LOVE the anniversary shirts that you made! Less than two weeks to go, buddy!

Hey Erin!! Yep, I will get to dine in both of MY castles. It’s really hard to be me sometimes….all these royal appearances I’m expected to make. So tiring!!! princess: LOL!!!! Yes, I do like the Chanel lipstick Victoria picked. She wore it for the first day of school as well. Yeah, what a bunch of poop heads for scolding me about taking pictures of MY CHILD!!! Do you know what this kid asked me for the other day ---- a laptop case for her new mac. Ok, that’s a good idea, until I found out she wanted a VERA BRADLEY bag at $55!!!! :scared1: Um, no child. We can go out to Wal-Mart and buy one for $20!!!! I must break her of these designer label things!!! We really did have a nice time in Boston! I think we will probably stay at another hotel next year instead of this one. 11 MORE DAYS….OMG!!!! :eek:

Love the shirts that you made! They are adorable! I can certainly understand why you would change your Tony's reservation around. Because we travel during the hotter months, we don't do full service meals at lunch time. I'd be done for the day. Awww, you are going to celebrate your anniversary at WDW!

Hi Lisa!!! Thank you for the compliment!! Yeah, I’m excited to spend our anniversary in Disney. It just seems right since we honeymooned there!:cloud9:

WE'RE GETTING SO CLOSE!!!!!!

Yes, yes we are……so have you packed the underwear yet?? LOL!!!!! :lmao:

Your plans look great! You are so close!!!!! :cool1: What a fabulous day with your girl!

Thanks buddy!!!! I think someone needs to be posting a bit more on their ptr……just saying!! :confused3

Well, I figured since we are both in the same FB September trip planning group, we both post on Mo's PTR, and since you are staying at a resort that we have stayed at ten times and love everything about, I ought to join you. I will come back later to catch up. And then the task will be to stay caught up with trying to finish my current TR from my girls trip in June and my PTR for hubby's and my trip in 23 days.

Hi Kathy and thanks for coming over!! :welcome: Yes, I totally agree that it’s hard to stay caught up with everyone’s reports and your own. I read a lot of them though I don’t always get to post replies on them. I’ve been reading along with yours, too. It’s so comforting to know you love the Coronado. This is our first time and I’m just hoping we love it, too. I think we are really going to like business class with the lounge. It’s going to be great for a quick breakfast before the parks!!

Looks like such a fun day with Victoria!! I loved all the selfies. The shirts you made are great!! My favorite is the "My favorite Disney Princess is my Wife" shirt!!

I actually HATE selfies as my lovely big fat multiple chins show up, but hey, I am who I am and at least the pictures show how much fun we were having. :woohoo: I tell you, Lauren, I didn’t think I’d have this hard of a time with Victoria going back to school, but I really do miss seeing her everyday at lunch. She can text me during her study hall and lunch and she does, but it’s not the same. I think maybe it’s because I know we only have one more year of “first day of school” routine pictures and then it’s off to college with that child. Ugh! We’ve been through so much together and I need to let go, but really, she’s just as attached to me as I am to her. I love that shirt too!!! I’m so glad Peter doesn’t mind wearing those shirts. He has a whole Disney collection now with all of the shirts I’ve made him over the years! I just get obsessed with new ideas!!

Your day looks like it was so much fun! I love your shirts, they came out great (especially the one about you being a princess princess:) The Rapunzel braid and crown are perfect :goodvibes

Thank you. I can’t wait to wear my new accessories. Especially to CRT breakfast! And also to meet Rapunzel. I just hope I really do have the courage to do so when I’m actually there. Sometimes I chicken out! Just like I made a raincoat out of Disney bags but I have yet to wear it after someone at AK insulted me indirectly. I was very upset by that. I’m going to bring that, too, just in case.

Looks like a great outing! Love the shirts. DD has that Rapunzel braid barrette.

That’s me, Rachel…..wearing an accessory made for a 4 year old!! LOL!!!!!:lmao:

Ann, I am back and caught up. I loved the intros. I'm sorry to hear about Victoria and her friend. I hope some day they will become friends again. Yay for paying your package off right away. As I said earlier, we LOVE Coronado. You are in an ideal location...close to the main building and a walk over the bridge to the main pool (the quiet pools are great too). Love the t-shirts you made (I have a similar princess shirt and a prince one too, but I purchased mine). Your plans sound great. I will try to keep up now.

I’m very happy you decided to come read my report. I don’t know if Kali and Victoria will ever be friends again. It’s so, so sad. I think about it often as I am currently scrapbooking our trip in March with Kali. It’s hard to see pictures where the two of them looked happy. Ugh. Victoria texted me today to say that she actually saw Kali for the first time today in school. Of course neither of them said a word. Victoria said that Kali looked sad. Who knows why……oh well. Such is the life of a teen! Thank you again for the compliments on my shirts. I cannot wait to stay at CSR!! The only thing I’ve read that’s kind of confusing is how the Pepper Market works. From what I understand you pick up your food and go sit down and pay for it afterwards. Was it like that the last time you were there? I like the idea as your food doesn’t get cold and you don’t have to fumble around with your tray and money, etc.

You are SOOOO close!!! How exciting!!! Love the update & what a great day with Victoria! I also LOVE the shirts & am impressed you have a hubby that would wear that. Mine would divorce me. But we all know he's a big ole' Disney spoilspot, don't we?!?! (mine, not yours!). That's why I have Karen.. to wear awesome shirts with! Ha! I'm so excited for you and your trip..and can't wait to see the TR come flooding in! Woo!!

Hi Nicole!! So the girls all made it off to school for the year, huh? I saw some pictures on your Facebook page. Not that I have a favorite, but I just love your Sarah!!! She’s so cool! :thumbsup2 Can you believe I only have 11 days to go??!! Doesn’t seem possible. All that planning, all that crafting!! Yes, Peter is quite the sport. I even had him dressed up as a Pirate our first year at MNSSHP! Let’s just say the pants left little to the imagination but yet he wore it!!! And he did a little dance in the resort room. I should find that and upload it sometime. He would kill me, but he doesn’t read my reports so how would he know!!??? :confused3 We’ll see……Yes, you have Karen and I’m soooo jealous of your trip!!! I don’t run, I could never run, so I couldn’t join you even if you asked……(WHICH YOU NEVER DO!!!! Lol!!!! :sad1::sad1:) It would be so cool to hang with you, too! But, that’s ok……I’ll have Karen for PlayList Live!!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter