Videos and Updates From Disney Magic At Sea UK Cruises - Post Five New Vlogs From London Tilbury Cruises

new video from July 20 Liverpool cruise, at 10.40 confirmation that virtual queue for the family pool area is gone.

Max capacity for activities has been evolving. As of 12pm today, they were letting people stand and still take part as long as they weren't blocking walkways. Before that if all the seats were gone they were turning people away. It's been hard to gauge what's going to be popular. The day one 5pm variety show had all of two dozen max families spread out over the entire theatre, it was a running joke.

They also added an extra dreams showing.

The adult pool area was at pretty much 100% capacity this afternoon because the weather is so good. We've almost reached the Atlantic chasing the sun, so the initial "circuit of the Irish Sea" is completely out the window. We've had great views of the Scottish and Ulster coasts.

Update on the experience showers, it's back to $29 per person, party of up to five, for 45 minutes but I did confirm that they did not allow mixed groups, so if for example of my wife and I book a slot, no one else will be allowed in during your time.

Are any of the vlogs by experienced Disney cruisers? Lots of first timers, it seems. I’d love the perspective of someone who’s been there, done that.

As I find the new playlists and vlogs I am posting them. I expected that the majority of people who would book these cruises would be first time cruisers, UK people who would normally go to Walt Disney World or Disneyland Paris and who are missing their Disney "fix" . I would expect to see very few Platinum cruisers from The UK.

No vlog to share, but we are platinum cruisers. We did the 4 night Liverpool, 23 July staycation, and can give you my general thoughts. This was cruise no. 18, spread across all 4 ships.

I’ll start with some caveats, we are a 2 person adults only party, we generally no longer bother with formal/character photos, and tend not to stay up too late.

overall, we felt the entire experience was not that different to normal, for us. We liked that the ship felt quiet, sitting on verandah was the quietest I’ve ever experienced (it appears Brits tend to go for sun loungers on top decks). I liked seeing characters all around the ship so much, they seemed to go everywhere and even stopped in quiet cove to wave and interact (at a distance of course). I was impressed how the kids seemed to accept they couldn’t rush up and hug the characters like they would normally.

top decks were busy at peak hours (I.e. when sun was out) but even in adult areas you didn’t seem to have to wait long if at all for hot tub, and adult pool was generally only a couple of people in. Probably busiest I’ve seen top deck, even compared to Bahamas, Caribbean etc. Probably the cultural Brits making the most of what little sun we get.

I saw very few people not wearing masks indoors, and a reasonable number wore them walking around outside too (maybe 20-25% of those I saw walking outside).

MDR food was basically identical to normal, service was impeccable as ever. Cabanas was not as good as normal because of lack of variety. Food quality was normal. The repeats of stations in cabanas was necessary, but limited selection of options. I would say food in cabanas was slightly more tailored to uk audience compared to normal and compared to mdr.

we never had to wait in a line of more than one person to get drinks or food served for us anywhere on ship.

Palo - we did brunch and dinner (And have always done so)
Brunch - in many ways the new style is better, more relaxed, as feels less busy having to fight way round the small buffet area. I preferred the puddings as they were full portions and better desserts. I was never a fan of the tiny desserts on the buffet, and always had sticky buns for dessert.no sticky buns now But new desserts more than offset that for me. You’re still able to order multiple dishes. the antipasti plates are good, but not as varied as the old buffet. We missed the larger selection of cheese in particular from old buffet. Overall, still good value and a great meal.
Dinner - we did the new a la carte menu. It cost us about $25-30 more than normal, which isn’t horrendous. We had appetiser each, shared a pasta (which they plated on 2 separate plates), shared the new 28oz porterhouse steak, had 3 sides, soufflé each and a scoop of gelato. As ever I had to roll out. i rather liked the new food offerings, and having a choice of sides and more sauces for the steak was great. overall, I think the changes are good, and our server confirmed the steak options were being tested ahead of Palo steakhouse on the wish.

I honestly didn’t mind the mask wearing, as the only times it felt extended was in theatres, where you can’t have food and drink. The rest of the time it’s more about transitioning from place to place on the ship.

worst part for me was crew all wearing masks, as you couldn’t always understand what was being said properly (I misheard someone say nub nub - which was on my ewok shirt, as knock knock - and so answered who’s there - totally mortifying) and more importantly you can’t see their smiling faces.

every cast member we spoke to was super happy to be back sailing with guests.

overall, I am so glad we did the cruise and are doing another one at the end of the uk staycation season, to get our dcl fix.

@tripodjw
thank you so much for this, I'll add it to the first post so that it doesn't get lost. I know many people are interested in views from Gold and Platinum UK cruisers :)

I guess Dove chocolates are better than nothing so I'll take it! Plus they always remind me of MNSSHP as that's the first place I tried them. Will be a nice little taste of something from the US after not being able to travel there for so long.

Anyone find it interesting it is the same ole menus and they didn't take the chance on the shut down to maybe revise the dinner menus?

Anyone find it interesting it is the same ole menus and they didn't take the chance on the shut down to maybe revise the dinner menus?

I think they had a few more things on their minds - like coming up with a safe protocol to return to sailing - than changing menu items. Especially when sourcing those items is challenging enough.

I suspect it has to do with tracking down suppliers/supplies, especially with new/different ports than their usual contracts. In my area, restaurants are still largely working with limited menus for this very reason, even with their usual suppliers.

F&B department is completely different than the people in charge of safe return.

BUT they were consulted and represented on that.

Frankly it's a good thing that the menus remained the same. Have you looked at the WDW menus? MANY of them were changed due to difficulty in getting various foods.

Post number 3 updated with the first vlogs from the Southampton cruises.
Also some new information about boarding at Southampton.
Once you get your negative test result you go to a boarding area and wait for your boarding number to be called.
Boarding is through an elevated walkway to the entry door by Port Adventures Desk in the Atrium on Deck 3.
The Welcome onboard show with Mickey and Minnie is the same as on the Liverpool sailings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter