Videos and Updates From Disney Magic At Sea UK Cruises - Post Five New Vlogs From London Tilbury Cruises

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
The Disney Magic did test cruises in July 2021 before the start of the scheduled passenger cruises.
These were for Disney Cm's and friends and family, an invite only cruise.
The cruise was not free but was at a discounted rate compared to the other Disney Magic At Sea Cruises.
It was the first chance to see all the updates and new procedures and for the CM's to get used to passengers on board again.

thanks to @Joshua Kelso for this summery from the first few videos
  • Motion Sensors installed to open doors/call elevators.
  • No sail away party.
  • Two Frozen mini-shows on first evening to cater to both dinner seatings.
  • Still not sure what the "Variety Show" we've made reservations for on day one is, or where it is.
  • Cabanas is still a buffet but it's a point and be served system.
  • Rooms seen available at 4pm.
  • Tables that usually seat 4/6 being used for groups of 2, nearest tables to you will be completely empty.
  • All shop tag prices are US Dollars, and do not include the 20% sales tax.
some extra information thanks to @dancingtodisney AKA Karen Bee from YouTube who was on the test cruise :Pinkbounc
  • Mixology classes you don't make the cocktails, they are pre-made and you sit with only your party and the host will talk to you about each one
  • The pools opened for virtual queue at 8.30am and filled up quickly even at the low capacity of the test cruise however they re-opened throughout the day
  • Open house was limited as each area reached capacity very quickly
  • We got to do all three restaurants if we wanted, 2 for dinner and 1 for breakfast - obviously this would not include any shows but at least you can get to sit and dine in each one
  • No ghirardelli chocolates with turn down (I know shocking haha)
  • Key to the world card is in the fish by your stateroom
  • Being logged into the wifi and being on the navigator app is ESSENTIAL almost everything including menus / tips / assembly point work through the app - you will also be asked to show the app and the confirmation of your stateroom on the app before being allowed to board the ship
  • No buffet at Palo, menu seemed the same as before but there was an antipasti that I don't remember from last time. There was only a menu. I noticed a seafood antipasti on the menu that we ordered that had a few items from the buffet but the rest of the menu looked the same as before but just without the entire buffet. In my opinion without the buffet it is not worth $45 extra, I actually preferred the food at Lumiere's. I hope they bring it back!
  • It's difficult to meet characters as they show up randomly however top tip if you go to the game shows / quizzes (family events) there were characters out for selfies both times we went at the end
  • Only one party or two individuals in the lifts
  • Lots of people had their cards rejected on the last day (a $ transactions out of nowhere is a little suspicious so my bank blocked it) and you will need to go to guest services to sort this out. As you can imagine it was busy. You can't leave the ship without clearing your room account as they scan your card on the way out and they didn't auto try again so even if you OK it with your bank you will need to go guest services unless they change this. Make sure you allow time for this.
  • Have your reservation QR code AND your profile from the vaccine confirmation screen shotted before arrival
  • A health questionnaire comes out at around 5am the morning off, make sure you complete that. If you only get one link you can try use that link and login to any other profiles that are active on your reservation.
  • The new terminal at Southampton was not on the uber map yet so we had some issues BUT there were some regular taxi's pulling up outside when we got off. Main issue was that you couldn't call the uber to the terminal as you could easily direct your uber driver on the way there (we gave ours an extra tip as we went to two wrong terminals first ooooops)
  • No virtual queue for adult only pool - only one party in each hot tub at any one time
  • Free WiFi onboard - I say connecting is essential as I personally has some issues logging into the free WiFi but this was sorted by Day 2.
Videos From First Test Cruise 2 Night cruise from Southampton 6 July 2021

Charlotte Ruff Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist
Embarkation Day 6 July - Getting on the ship, Muster drill , lunch at pool deck quick service, Animators Palette MDR
Day at Sea 7 July and Disembarkation Day 8 July
Palo Brunch, Games and Trivia, Character interactions, Rupenzels Royal Table MDR, Disembarkation Day Breakfast at Lumieries , settling you bill before leaving the ship, automatic tips procedures

Karen Bee Disney Magic at Sea Vlogs Playlist
Embarkation Day 6 July Part 1 - Getting on the ship, Muster drill lunch at Cabanas
Embarkation Day 6 July Part 2 - Shopping Tour, Frozen Deck Party, Cove Cafe snacks, Lumiere's MDR

Hannah Ricketts Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist
Embarkation Day 6 July - Getting on the ship
Embarkation Day 6 July - Leaving Port
Day At Sea 7 July-- things to do onboard
Day At Sea 7 July - Palo Brunch
Day At Sea 7 July - Final Night

Sparkle With Sophie Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist

Videos From Second Test Cruise 3 Night cruise from Southampton 9 July 2021

aclaireytale Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist
Travel Day 8 July
Embarkation Day 9 July

Last edited:
Boarding The Ship At Liverpool

Everyone boards on Deck 3

The Welcome on Board Announcement and Welcome Show is being alternated between deck 3 and deck 4, depending on PAT / Boarding times

Some passengers will be directed to board near the aft elevators and then the cm's will direct you to the stairs or elevators to Deck 4 and then you walk past The Jewelry shop, Shutters and into D Lounge. Depending on the timing you may be held in D Lounge until the previous Welcome show is over.
The Welcome On Board Announcement is done at the door of D Lounge and then you watch the Mickey and Minnie Welcome Show at the balcony on Deck 4, overlooking the Atrium.

Some passengers will be directed to board near the forward elevators and then the cm's will direct you through Fathoms. The Welcome On Board Announcement is done at the Atrium entrance to the bar area, between the two Atrium Elevators and you are directed to spots on the carpet outside Lumiere's.

15th July 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool

One Manc's Dream 15th July 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist
Solo Cruiser First Time Cruiser

The Life of Riley 15th July 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist
Family

Travels With Mia 15 July 3 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs
Concierge Family, Family of The Day, first passengers on board

PandA's Adventures 15 July 3 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
18th July 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool

MR JAIMIE HUMPHRY 18 July 2 Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

Tinker Tales 18 July 2 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

20th July 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool

Lauryn Rachel Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist
Back To Back Cruises
20th July 3-Night from Liverpool
23rd July 4-Night from Liverpool

Back To Back Information
Once everyone starts to get off you will be sent to Keys Lounge. There you will take a Covid Test. Once you get a negative result you are then free to return to the ship and will be directed to O'Gills to get your room key. Rooms are ready from 11.30am. Your bags will be taken from your old room to your new room by your stateroom host. Lunch starts at 1pm in Rapunzel's Royal Table.

20th July 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool

Park Pioneer 20th July 3-Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

23rd July 4-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool

Anni Stores 23 July 4 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

Knappily Ever After 23 July 4 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

yerawizardjessica 23 July 4 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

Di - Ni 23 July 4 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

thanks to @ tripodjw for this review from the 23 July 4 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation
No vlog to share, but we are platinum cruisers. We did the 4 night Liverpool, 23 July staycation, and can give you my general thoughts. This was cruise no. 18, spread across all 4 ships.

I’ll start with some caveats, we are a 2 person adults only party, we generally no longer bother with formal/character photos, and tend not to stay up too late.

overall, we felt the entire experience was not that different to normal, for us. We liked that the ship felt quiet, sitting on verandah was the quietest I’ve ever experienced (it appears Brits tend to go for sun loungers on top decks). I liked seeing characters all around the ship so much, they seemed to go everywhere and even stopped in quiet cove to wave and interact (at a distance of course). I was impressed how the kids seemed to accept they couldn’t rush up and hug the characters like they would normally.

top decks were busy at peak hours (I.e. when sun was out) but even in adult areas you didn’t seem to have to wait long if at all for hot tub, and adult pool was generally only a couple of people in. Probably busiest I’ve seen top deck, even compared to Bahamas, Caribbean etc. Probably the cultural Brits making the most of what little sun we get.

I saw very few people not wearing masks indoors, and a reasonable number wore them walking around outside too (maybe 20-25% of those I saw walking outside).

MDR food was basically identical to normal, service was impeccable as ever. Cabanas was not as good as normal because of lack of variety. Food quality was normal. The repeats of stations in cabanas was necessary, but limited selection of options. I would say food in cabanas was slightly more tailored to uk audience compared to normal and compared to mdr.

we never had to wait in a line of more than one person to get drinks or food served for us anywhere on ship.

Palo - we did brunch and dinner (And have always done so)
Brunch - in many ways the new style is better, more relaxed, as feels less busy having to fight way round the small buffet area. I preferred the puddings as they were full portions and better desserts. I was never a fan of the tiny desserts on the buffet, and always had sticky buns for dessert.no sticky buns now But new desserts more than offset that for me. You’re still able to order multiple dishes. the antipasti plates are good, but not as varied as the old buffet. We missed the larger selection of cheese in particular from old buffet. Overall, still good value and a great meal.
Dinner - we did the new a la carte menu. It cost us about $25-30 more than normal, which isn’t horrendous. We had appetiser each, shared a pasta (which they plated on 2 separate plates), shared the new 28oz porterhouse steak, had 3 sides, soufflé each and a scoop of gelato. As ever I had to roll out. i rather liked the new food offerings, and having a choice of sides and more sauces for the steak was great. overall, I think the changes are good, and our server confirmed the steak options were being tested ahead of Palo steakhouse on the wish.

I honestly didn’t mind the mask wearing, as the only times it felt extended was in theatres, where you can’t have food and drink. The rest of the time it’s more about transitioning from place to place on the ship.

worst part for me was crew all wearing masks, as you couldn’t always understand what was being said properly (I misheard someone say nub nub - which was on my ewok shirt, as knock knock - and so answered who’s there - totally mortifying) and more importantly you can’t see their smiling faces.

every cast member we spoke to was super happy to be back sailing with guests.

overall, I am so glad we did the cruise and are doing another one at the end of the uk staycation season, to get our dcl fix.

27th July 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool

A Spoonful of Anna 3 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

30th July 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Liverpool

Dreaming Of Disney 3 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

37 Disney Street 3 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

Daily Disney Girls 3 Night Disney Magic At Sea UK Staycation Vlogs Playlist

Last edited:
From Disney Cruise Line Facebook Page

Tangled: The Musical, is now showing at the Walt Disney Theatre on Disney Magic at Sea sailings in addition to Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic! Grab your lanterns (and frying pans) as you’re transported to Rapunzel’s fairytale world onboard

Tangled: The Musical 6pm and 8.45pm

Boarding At Southampton
Once you get your negative test result you go to a boarding area and wait for your boarding number to be called.
Boarding is through an elevated walkway to the entry door by Port Adventures Desk in the Atrium on Deck 3.
The Welcome onboard show with Mickey and Minnie is the same as on the Liverpool sailings.

4th August 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton

Plan My Disney Holiday 2 Night Disney Magic At Sea Playlist

Just Four TV 2 Night Disney Magic At Sea Playlist

Travel Blog Jamie 2 Night Disney Magic At Sea Playlist

Dreaming of Disney 247 2 Night Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist

Louise Emma 2 Night Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist

4th August 2 Night and 6th August 3 Night Disney Magic at Sea Cruises From Southampton

Lauryn Rachel Disney Magic At Sea Back to Back Cruises Vlogs Play list

6th August 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton

Sam4G0d 3 Night Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist
9th August 4-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton

Mummy of Four 4 Night Disney Magic at Sea Vlogs Playlist

13th August 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton:

Danny Dalimore 3 Night Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist

UKDisDad 3 Night Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist
16th August 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
18th August 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
20th August 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton

Just 4 TV Disney Magic At Sea Back To Back Cruises Playlist

23rd August 4-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton
27th August 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton

30th August 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Southampton

Last edited:
3rd September 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Newcastle

Adam Hatten One Bedroom Concierge Suite Vlogs

6th September 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Newcastle

8th September 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Newcastle

Me Myself & The Wonderful Us 3 Night Disney Magic at Sea Vlogs Playlist

11th September 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from Newcastle

Madison Does Disney 2 Night Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist

Last edited:

14th September 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from London Tilbury
J & S Adventures 3 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tilbury Vlogs Playlist

Woodys Box 3 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tillbury Vlogs Playlist

That Disney Couple 3 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tilbury Vlogs Playlist
17th September 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from London Tilbury
20th September 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from London Tilbury

JJ Extra 2 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tilbury Vlogs Playlist

Charlotte In Wonderland 2 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tilbury Vlogs Playlist

Chantelle Victoria 2 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tilbury Vlogs Playlist

Hannah Enchanted 2 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tilbury Vlogs Playlist

Bethan’s Beauty 2 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tilbury Vlogs Playlist
22nd September 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from London Tilbury

Ears and Ideas 2 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tilbury Vlogs Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV22SuTEo0E
24th September 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from London Tilbury

27th September 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from London Tilbury

29th September 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from London Tilbury

Abbi Lily 2 Night Disney Magic at Sea London Tilbury Vlogs Playlist
1st October 3-Night Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycation Departure from London Tilbury
Emma Cruises 3 Night Disney Magic at Seas Vlogs Playlist

Last edited:
One of the oddest video clips I saw from these UK cruises was that the key cards were delivered to the fish door holder. The woman in the video literally got to her cabin and had to tear open a envelope with her key card in it.
Seems very Goofy.

One of the oddest video clips I saw from these UK cruises was that the key cards were delivered to the fish door holder. The woman in the video literally got to her cabin and had to tear open a envelope with her key card in it.
Seems very Goofy.
Really? Wonder how many people are going to go in the wrong room if they are giving out the cards at the door to the room instead of at check in. or how many people "accidentally" lose their way and go inside the Walt/Roy suites :rotfl:

A lot of the procedures they are using for cabanas, the drink station, and the ice cream were put in place, tested and tweaked while we were on the last Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder.

some extra information thanks to @dancingtodisney AKA Karen Bee from YouTube who was on the test cruise :Pinkbounc
  • Mixology classes you don't make the cocktails, they are pre-made and you sit with only your party and the host will talk to you about each one
  • The pools opened for virtual queue at 8.30am and filled up quickly even at the low capacity of the test cruise however they re-opened throughout the day
  • We got to do all three restaurants if we wanted, 2 for dinner and 1 for breakfast - obviously this would not include any shows but at least you can get to sit and dine in each one
  • Being logged into the wifi and being on the navigator app is ESSENTIAL almost everything including menus / tips / assembly point work through the app - you will also be asked to show the app and the confirmation of your stateroom on the app before being allowed to board the ship
  • No buffet at Palo, menu seemed the same as before but there was an antipasti that I don't remember from last time. There was only a menu. I noticed a seafood antipasti on the menu that we ordered that had a few items from the buffet but the rest of the menu looked the same as before but just without the entire buffet. In my opinion without the buffet it is not worth $45 extra, I actually preferred the food at Lumiere's. I hope they bring it back!
  • It's difficult to meet characters as they show up randomly however top tip if you go to the game shows / quizzes (family events) there were characters out for selfies both times we went at the end
  • Lots of people had their cards rejected on the last day (a $ transactions out of nowhere is a little suspicious so my bank blocked it) and you will need to go to guest services to sort this out. As you can imagine it was busy. You can't leave the ship without clearing your room account as they scan your card on the way out and they didn't auto try again so even if you OK it with your bank you will need to go guest services unless they change this. Make sure you allow time for this.
  • Have your reservation QR code AND your profile from the vaccine confirmation screen shotted before arrival
  • A health questionnaire comes out at around 5am the morning off, make sure you complete that. If you only get one link you can try use that link and login to any other profiles that are active on your reservation.
  • The new terminal at Southampton was not on the uber map yet so we had some issues BUT there were some regular taxi's pulling up outside when we got off. Main issue was that you couldn't call the uber to the terminal as you could easily direct your uber driver on the way there (we gave ours an extra tip as we went to two wrong terminals first ooooops)
  • No virtual queue for adult only pool - only one party in each hot tub at any one time
  • Free WiFi onboard - I say connecting is essential as I personally has some issues logging into the free WiFi but this was sorted by Day 2.

Seems very Goofy.
Really? Wonder how many people are going to go in the wrong room if they are giving out the cards at the door to the room instead of at check in. or how many people "accidentally" lose their way and go inside the Walt/Roy suites :rotfl:

I watched some videos from other UK only cruises and this seems to be industry standard on theses cruises at least for now. There is no check in at the ports, its all done online in advance, so thats why the KTTW cards are on all the stateroom doors. At the ports its only vaccine verification, covid testing and security check, then after security everyone boards the ship. There is no waiting around in the port for your boarding group. The PAT times are therefore your approx boarding time, as its one continuous process, party after party.

Seems very Goofy.
That's where our room key was on our last Celebrity cruise in March 2020 (last one before shutdown). Celebrity had that system on Edge (their newest ship) from the start, and other ships are being retrofitted in drydock. We were on the Equinox.

On a more serious note: That system has been in place for years on Carnival. Cards are linked to pictures. People would get caught pretty fast. :)

I have been to Mixology several times pre Covid where the drinks were already made. Making your own drinks changed awhile ago so that is not new.

All the other info is very interesting!

Thanks for sharing.

MJ

As a dinosaur, one of the best parts of my cruise is locking my cell phone in the safe for a week. Oh well. Ran into this at Spring Training in Phoenix in 2020 with the MLB App tickets. Slow things way down as staff tried to scan the tickets in the bright sun light, phone batteries died, and scanners wouldn;'t read the bar code on phones with cracked screens. Sorry, for some things paper is still better.

As a dinosaur, one of the best parts of my cruise is locking my cell phone in the safe for a week. Oh well. Ran into this at Spring Training in Phoenix in 2020 with the MLB App tickets. Slow things way down as staff tried to scan the tickets in the bright sun light, phone batteries died, and scanners wouldn;'t read the bar code on phones with cracked screens. Sorry, for some things paper is still better.

Well DCL seem to have embraced the digital upgrade so I'm sure they will keep the QR code scanning and use of the App when they return the rest of the fleet, so anyone planning to cruise with DCL in the next year or so needs to be prepared.

Locking your phone in the safe during your cruise will be a thing of the past.

Well DCL seem to have embraced the digital upgrade so I'm sure they will keep the QR code scanning and use of the App when they return the rest of the fleet, so anyone planning to cruise with DCL in the next year or so needs to be prepared.

Locking your phone in the safe during your cruise will be a thing of the past.
IF............you have a cell phone or device. That was the surprise a year ago with the pandemic and people working at home, how many of my co-workers have no cell phone or internet or computer at home. They use the company equipment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter