• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Videos and Updates From Disney Magic At Sea UK Cruises - Post Five New Vlogs From London Tilbury Cruises

Just saw the other thread and updated my post. I watched one of the vloggers go to the muster station and assumed it was like the old system. Can't remember which cruise line it was but the guests did the drill from their room.

But even the other lines are are more fully virtual still require you to go to the muster station and check in at it. That makes sense, since having you actually know where it is by having been there is a Good Thing should there be an emergency requiring use of the muster stations.

I watched some of the videos and I have to say it looked very bland and without any magic. Maybe it was not seeing smiling faces, too few people, or the weather. We will cancel our November cruise if it stays like this.

Yes this was in stark contrast to the videos I watched for first cruise on Celebrity Edge. People on there
were laughing dancing smiling and having a good time. Seemed more relaxed. I wonder if it had something
to do with it being mask free because of high vaccination rate of passengers.🤷‍♀️

I'm going to wait to hear from more posters on the US cruises to about their experiences before I
make up my mind to rebook. Here is hoping for the best!!

The Disney Magic did test cruises in July 2021 before the start of the scheduled passenger cruises.
These were for Disney Cm's and friends and family, an invite only cruise.
The cruise was not free but was at a discounted rate compared to the other Disney Magic At Sea Cruises.
It was the first chance to see all the updates and new procedures and for the CM's to get used to passengers on board again.

thanks to @Joshua Kelso for this summery from the first few videos
  • Motion Sensors installed to open doors/call elevators.
  • No sail away party.
  • Two Frozen mini-shows on first evening to cater to both dinner seatings.
  • Still not sure what the "Variety Show" we've made reservations for on day one is, or where it is.
  • Cabanas is still a buffet but it's a point and be served system.
  • Rooms seen available at 4pm.
  • Tables that usually seat 4/6 being used for groups of 2, nearest tables to you will be completely empty.
  • All shop tag prices are US Dollars, and do not include the 20% sales tax.
some extra information thanks to @dancingtodisney AKA Karen Bee from YouTube who was on the test cruise :Pinkbounc
  • Mixology classes you don't make the cocktails, they are pre-made and you sit with only your party and the host will talk to you about each one
  • The pools opened for virtual queue at 8.30am and filled up quickly even at the low capacity of the test cruise however they re-opened throughout the day
  • Open house was limited as each area reached capacity very quickly
  • We got to do all three restaurants if we wanted, 2 for dinner and 1 for breakfast - obviously this would not include any shows but at least you can get to sit and dine in each one
  • No ghirardelli chocolates with turn down (I know shocking haha)
  • Key to the world card is in the fish by your stateroom
  • Being logged into the wifi and being on the navigator app is ESSENTIAL almost everything including menus / tips / assembly point work through the app - you will also be asked to show the app and the confirmation of your stateroom on the app before being allowed to board the ship
  • No buffet at Palo, menu seemed the same as before but there was an antipasti that I don't remember from last time. There was only a menu. I noticed a seafood antipasti on the menu that we ordered that had a few items from the buffet but the rest of the menu looked the same as before but just without the entire buffet. In my opinion without the buffet it is not worth $45 extra, I actually preferred the food at Lumiere's. I hope they bring it back!
  • It's difficult to meet characters as they show up randomly however top tip if you go to the game shows / quizzes (family events) there were characters out for selfies both times we went at the end
  • Only one party or two individuals in the lifts
  • Lots of people had their cards rejected on the last day (a $ transactions out of nowhere is a little suspicious so my bank blocked it) and you will need to go to guest services to sort this out. As you can imagine it was busy. You can't leave the ship without clearing your room account as they scan your card on the way out and they didn't auto try again so even if you OK it with your bank you will need to go guest services unless they change this. Make sure you allow time for this.
  • Have your reservation QR code AND your profile from the vaccine confirmation screen shotted before arrival
  • A health questionnaire comes out at around 5am the morning off, make sure you complete that. If you only get one link you can try use that link and login to any other profiles that are active on your reservation.
  • The new terminal at Southampton was not on the uber map yet so we had some issues BUT there were some regular taxi's pulling up outside when we got off. Main issue was that you couldn't call the uber to the terminal as you could easily direct your uber driver on the way there (we gave ours an extra tip as we went to two wrong terminals first ooooops)
  • No virtual queue for adult only pool - only one party in each hot tub at any one time
  • Free WiFi onboard - I say connecting is essential as I personally has some issues logging into the free WiFi but this was sorted by Day 2.
Videos From First Test Cruise 2 Night cruise from Southampton 6 July 2021

Charlotte Ruff Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist
Embarkation Day 6 July - Getting on the ship, Muster drill , lunch at pool deck quick service, Animators Palette MDR
Day at Sea 7 July and Disembarkation Day 8 July
Palo Brunch, Games and Trivia, Character interactions, Rupenzels Royal Table MDR, Disembarkation Day Breakfast at Lumieries , settling you bill before leaving the ship, automatic tips procedures

Karen Bee Disney Magic at Sea Vlogs Playlist
Embarkation Day 6 July Part 1 - Getting on the ship, Muster drill lunch at Cabanas
Embarkation Day 6 July Part 2 - Shopping Tour, Frozen Deck Party, Cove Cafe snacks, Lumiere's MDR

Hannah Ricketts Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist
Embarkation Day 6 July - Getting on the ship
Embarkation Day 6 July - Leaving Port
Day At Sea 7 July-- things to do onboard
Day At Sea 7 July - Palo Brunch
Day At Sea 7 July - Final Night

Sparkle With Sophie Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist

Videos From Second Test Cruise 3 Night cruise from Southampton 9 July 2021

aclaireytale Disney Magic At Sea Vlogs Playlist
Travel Day 8 July
Embarkation Day 9 July

OMG - that sounds absolutely horrible!! And they didn't even get to the part where you have to take a Disney excursion to get off the ship!!

The UK DCL cruises are cruises to nowhere, all days at sea with no port stops, so no excursions

Yes, thanks, I know that. But there has been a lot of talk about being forced to take a Disney excursion when real cruising starts back up. That's how it is currently on Celebrity in the U.K.

Yes, thanks, I know that. But there has been a lot of talk about being forced to take a Disney excursion when real cruising starts back up. That's how it is currently on Celebrity in the U.K.

just trying to keep this thread for accurate information from the Vlogs and first hand experiences of the DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK cruises :)

Your post makes it sound like the videos reviewing the Disney UK Staycation cruises are omitting details that aren't even true in the first place. The fact that Celebrity have this policy is irrelevant to a thread about a Disney product that has from day one advertised no excursions at all.

As for Celebrity's policy:

"To ensure we adhere to the protocols defined by UK government, we are only permitted to allow guests who have booked a curated shore excursion through Celebrity Cruises to debark Celebrity Silhouette when in port."

The decision is clearly related to restrictions imposed on the cruise industry by the UK government, which as it stands has no bearing on the Disney products on offer.

Last edited:
Forced...like at gun point? Do you have a bag over your head at any point? Is there a ride in a van with no windows?

There has been a lot of sarcasm on the board lately... please remember that we want to be friendly and welcoming. Saying "forced" is correct if DCL doesn't allow people to go off with outside groups. :confused3

There has been a lot of sarcasm on the board lately... please remember that we want to be friendly and welcoming. Saying "forced" is correct if DCL doesn't allow people to go off with outside groups. :confused3

Point taken on the sarcasm, but "forced to go on a Disney excursion to leave the ship" seemed like a pretty negative (and a little sarcastic) comment with the potential to misinform. You can't get off period until you disembark.

Since this is a thread specifically about UK cruise videos, it implies the videos are omitting a detail about the cruise. I will edit my original comment in an appropriate manner.

Last edited:
some extra information thanks to @dancingtodisney AKA Karen Bee from YouTube who was on the test cruise :Pinkbounc
  • Mixology classes you don't make the cocktails, they are pre-made and you sit with only your party and the host will talk to you about each one
  • The pools opened for virtual queue at 8.30am and filled up quickly even at the low capacity of the test cruise however they re-opened throughout the day
  • Open house was limited as each area reached capacity very quickly
  • We got to do all three restaurants if we wanted, 2 for dinner and 1 for breakfast - obviously this would not include any shows but at least you can get to sit and dine in each one
  • No ghirardelli chocolates with turn down (I know shocking haha)
  • Key to the world card is in the fish by your stateroom
  • Being logged into the wifi and being on the navigator app is ESSENTIAL almost everything including menus / tips / assembly point work through the app - you will also be asked to show the app and the confirmation of your stateroom on the app before being allowed to board the ship
  • No buffet at Palo, menu seemed the same as before but there was an antipasti that I don't remember from last time. There was only a menu. I noticed a seafood antipasti on the menu that we ordered that had a few items from the buffet but the rest of the menu looked the same as before but just without the entire buffet. In my opinion without the buffet it is not worth $45 extra, I actually preferred the food at Lumiere's. I hope they bring it back!
  • It's difficult to meet characters as they show up randomly however top tip if you go to the game shows / quizzes (family events) there were characters out for selfies both times we went at the end
  • Only one party or two individuals in the lifts
  • Lots of people had their cards rejected on the last day (a $ transactions out of nowhere is a little suspicious so my bank blocked it) and you will need to go to guest services to sort this out. As you can imagine it was busy. You can't leave the ship without clearing your room account as they scan your card on the way out and they didn't auto try again so even if you OK it with your bank you will need to go guest services unless they change this. Make sure you allow time for this.
  • Have your reservation QR code AND your profile from the vaccine confirmation screen shotted before arrival
  • A health questionnaire comes out at around 5am the morning off, make sure you complete that. If you only get one link you can try use that link and login to any other profiles that are active on your reservation.
  • The new terminal at Southampton was not on the uber map yet so we had some issues BUT there were some regular taxi's pulling up outside when we got off. Main issue was that you couldn't call the uber to the terminal as you could easily direct your uber driver on the way there (we gave ours an extra tip as we went to two wrong terminals first ooooops)
  • No virtual queue for adult only pool - only one party in each hot tub at any one time
  • Free WiFi onboard - I say connecting is essential as I personally has some issues logging into the free WiFi but this was sorted by Day 2.
Is Bingo happening? Or maybe that's not legal in the U.K.?

Is Bingo happening? Or maybe that's not legal in the U.K.?

It is legal in The UK, but I can't remember if I have seen it on the Vlogs yet. As its an upcharge, it might not be popular as most people so far on the Vlogs are only doing all the free activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter