VIDEO: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh | Love It, Hate It, Update It | Disneyland Park

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Craig, Kylie, Nancy, and Tom are here for another edition of Love It, Hate It, or Update It. This time they set their sites on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. What do you think? Love it, hate it, or update it?

Update it. I miss the Country Bears, but this is actually one of the rides that I ride most often at DL. While I appreciate the throw back to Country Bears, I'd appreciate it much more if they incorporated an area of the ride where you could see more of the Country Bears and not have to turn around and look quickly to see the animal heads on the wall.

As mentioned in the video, the acid trip is too long. I'll throw it out there that it's also kind of a stupid part of the ride. Cut in in half or get rid of it and have Pooh dream about the Country Bears instead.

I love the ride, but I think its location was a mistake.

Fantasyland set the standard for how to present and experience these abbreviated retellings of Disney classics. I believe that one of the strengths of the Fantasyland dark rides are their location close to each other. Being clustered together, they give the guests a series of similar attractions that work together essentially as a single experience.

Pooh, which in my opinion is just as good if not better than some of its peers in Fantasyland, is missing that association with other attractions to give the guests a fuller experience. It feels like a one-off where it is. The same can be said for Monster’s Inc. and even The Little Mermaid.

Splash Mountain and Radiator Springs Racers are examples of how to create an attraction that stands alone well. Mixing dark ride storytelling with a thrill aspect and an increased scale of storytelling make for a singular experience that is full and satisfying on its own.

Pooh doesn’t need a thrill, but if it had to be built there, it could have benefited from an increased scale.

Last edited:
Update it. I miss the Country Bears, but this is actually one of the rides that I ride most often at DL. While I appreciate the throw back to Country Bears, I'd appreciate it much more if they incorporated an area of the ride where you could see more of the Country Bears and not have to turn around and look quickly to see the animal heads on the wall.

As mentioned in the video, the acid trip is too long. I'll throw it out there that it's also kind of a stupid part of the ride. Cut in in half or get rid of it and have Pooh dream about the Country Bears instead.

Ooooh, having Pooh dream about Country Bears is a brilliant idea!! Isn't the acid trip part of one of the movies though? And country bears definitely isn't, so would that stop them from wanting to do that?

Ultimately, I want Country Bears back 😭

In its current form, I think it needs a bit of an update. The psychedelic section is just a little bit too long. And in many parts of the ride, you can see very long sections of the track in front of you and sometimes see a couple of other ride vehicles in front of you. What I really like about some of the Fantasyland dark rides is how they feel cozy & intimate, like you're going from one "room" to another. Winnie the Pooh feels kind of cavernous at times.

I don't think they should scrap the whole thing. Our family usually goes on it as a time filler for Splash Mtn or BTMRR or HM.

Aww that would be cute to have Pooh dream about the country bears :) I agree that the rain part is too long and yet the entire ride is so short (but it is lovely that the wait is not usually very long) I would love to see more of the Hundred Acre Wood.

I would not mind an update or such but I don't want Country bears in winnie the pooh. I love Country Bears but they are not part of the ride besides the tip of the hat to them. I also love the location. When we had little ones (last trip lol) we rode it tonnes while big sisters and a parent were doing splash. I don't want all the kids rides in fantasy land, I want rides where the little ones can go on while they wait for their big siblings.

We never ride it anymore...wouldn’t be sad if it was replaced. Also, it’s cold in there!

Hate it. I would not be sad if they tore it down tomorrow. Not because I necessarily loved the Country Bears that much (it was good but never a favorite of mine), but because from the very first time I rode it I felt that Winnie the Pooh was poorly done. It looks so cheap and lame compared to the rest of the Disney dark rides. Like a high school production of Winnie the Pooh ("here kids, take some plywood and paint it in these neon colors!"), rather than something designed by Imagineers. I guess it would be okay if they updated it instead of totally getting rid of it, as I do think a Winnie the Pooh theme is a good idea for a ride, but they'd have to change practically everything for me to appreciate it.

Update it. It’s hard to argue that the ride should stay as is when a better version of it already exists. Pooh’s Hunny Hunt is basically the same ride with the same story, only much more elaborate, up to date, and better done.

I enjoy this ride for what it is, but wouldn’t mind an update.

This was the first dark ride my then 2 yo went on. We figured it was so mild there was nothing that would scare her. As soon as we got to the dream sequence she looked around and said “I’m too scared for this ride”. Then it was impossible to get her to do another dark ride after that!

I actually really like this ride. Well, maybe because the wait times are usually very low? I am also a big Pooh bear fan though, so I may be biased. 🤷‍♀️

After having been on the Tokyo Disneyland trackless version... the Anaheim version is just massively disappointing.

Definitely update it... and when I mean update it, tear it down and completely rebuild something else. I agree with the above, it looks like a high school play rendition of Winnie the Pooh.

And I like Winnie the Pooh, too.

Update it.
The ride system just doesn't work right and never has. Don't believe me? Ride the one in WDW. The ride motions mimic what is going on in the scene. In WDW, in the Tigger scene you bounce, in the flood scene you float, etc. The DL version you just float, but since that never changes it just feels like you are wobbling the whole time. That's just lazy! Why hasn't this ride ever functioned the way it was designed? Of course we'd all like the trackless version, but at least fix the ride you've got.

And to anyone saying bring back the Country Bears, go out to WDW and see them again. They haven't aged well, and it's not as good as you remember I am sure. Update the Country Bears? SURE! But that's for another thread...

And to anyone saying bring back the Country Bears, go out to WDW and see them again. They haven't aged well, and it's not as good as you remember I am sure. Update the Country Bears? SURE! But that's for another thread...

This x1000. But I would love to see a DL version of the Tokyo version. But how about we update Tomorrowland first :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter