Video catches deer crashing into Long Island, NY hair salon

Hikergirl

DIS Veteran
I don't really know the LI area, have there ever been large wooded areas there for dear to love and thrive?
I'm from what LIers would consider upstate, dear have plenty of space that hasn't been encroached on up here.
Just looked at the population- 7.568 million
The rest of NY (not including NYC)- 8.422M
I would think the dear down there were very used to "city life" :laughing:

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Lol, in my suburban/urban area, the turkeys are aggressive, my friend was rescued by a UPS driver after putting out her garbage cans. I’ve lived here for over 50 years, third generation, and there has been no new development, but there has been south and west, and now these animals are where they don’t belong.
Turkeys are actually kind of a fairly recent thing around here, and they're not native. I heard they were brought in for hunting and they just established a self-sustaining population. I see them crossing the street without any issues. They don't seem fearful of people, but they also do seem to care much. I can go hiking and walking, and the turkeys simply avoid people. I've even seen males during mating season, and they're not territorial or anything.

They might have been from semi-domesticated birds that were raised for hunting.

The deer however have always been here. They thrive for many of the reasons you state.

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I don't really know the LI area, have there ever been large wooded areas there for dear to love and thrive?
I'm from what LIers would consider upstate, dear have plenty of space that hasn't been encroached on up here.
Just looked at the population- 7.568 million
The rest of NY (not including NYC)- 8.422M
I would think the dear down there were very used to "city life" :laughing:
They learn how to coexist, especially when nobody shoots at them. At least most of the time.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates