Video camera question

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by ajmac, Feb 5, 2008.

1. ajmac

ajmac Earning My Ears

Hi to all. I hope this is the correct thread for my question. If not, I apologize. I hope someone can help me. I just purchased a video camera that records on an internal hard drive with a 7 hour capacity. My question is: Is there anyplace down in DW that could download my images, burn them on a dvd and swipe clean my hard drive for a fresh 7 hours of recording? I hope that makes sense.
    Thanks in advance, A.J.

2. carlbarry

carlbarry DIS Veteran

As an "old timer" who started with 3 minute rolls of 8mm film when my parents took me on vacation, and has now progressed to 1 1/2 hour DV cassettes, I just have to ask: do you really want to shoot 7 hours of video? Will you ever be able to watch all that? I would think it would be better to tape an amount that could be watched later on. I found that I would tape about 45 minutes per park, which would include the entire fire works show, Fantasmic, etc., and that was adequate.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. ajmac

ajmac Earning My Ears

A full week at DW. 4 kids, 1 grandchild. I am just looking to cover all the bases. There has to be an internet cafe or some service that would be able to download my video camera and burn a disc. If not, I am going to start one. I can't imagine that I am the only one with this request. Help please!!!

5. carlbarry

carlbarry DIS Veteran

Seven hours of video requires more than 1 DVD, even at the lowest quality! Doesn't the manufacturer of your camcorder sell a docking station that will burn the files to DVD directly? Anyway, there IS a cybercafe in Orlando, at 6438 International Drive. Their listing in orlandoinfo.com states that they do "digital file transfers." Their phone number is 407-363-1443. Bare in mind that even if they have the facility to do what you want, it will take a while to burn 7 hours of video to DVDs, even at 24X speed!

6. ajmac

ajmac Earning My Ears

Thank you carlbarry!!! Just called the cybercafe and she answered all of my questions. Thanks again for your help, that is just what I was looking for.:yay:

7. carlbarry

carlbarry DIS Veteran

Great! Have a fantastic time!:banana: