Victoria to Seattle for Disney flight

ryckpen

Mouseketeer
Good morning fellow Disney lovers. My family and I are heading to Disney in January 2013 (Can't Wait!) Our issue is my son who lives in Victoria B.C. will be flying out of Seattle. My question for all is does anyone have an idea of the most economical way to get from Victoria to Seattle. I have researched till I'm dizzy and there is no clear answer. Thank you in advance for any and all tips.

I drive from Vancouver and overnight at a hotel near Southcenter Mall that has park & fly rates, and airport shuttle.
If driving isn't an option, I know from YVR there is a shuttle bus that will take you to SeaTac. And I believe there is a bus from YVR & Victoria.
Other then this, I don't know.

Looks like everybody is stumped, or else they're watching football. :)

There's a passenger/vehicle ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. Will your son have a car? If not, he could take a bus to SeaTac. The website is www.cohoferry.com and mentions www.olympicbuslines.com.

Don't know how economical this is but it's the only option I know of besides Greyhound and flying.

I drive from Vancouver and overnight at a hotel near Southcenter Mall that has park & fly rates, and airport shuttle.
If driving isn't an option, I know from YVR there is a shuttle bus that will take you to SeaTac. And I believe there is a bus from YVR & Victoria.

Thank you Sue will pass the info will pass it on.

Looks like everybody is stumped, or else they're watching football. :)

There's a passenger/vehicle ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. Will your son have a car? If not, he could take a bus to SeaTac.

Don't know how economical this is but it's the only option I know of besides Greyhound and flying.

I'm thinking the ferry to Port Angeles will be the most economic and the easiest. Thank you so much for your quick reply. Will probably get more replies when football is over.

Sue I just noticed you are going to Disney January 2013 and staying at POFQ. Small world we are going to be at POR January 2013. Really excited to share the magic. :woohoo:

Have you considered the Victoria Clipper? It is passenger only but leaves from Downtown Victoria. Here is a link to their website which shows the terminal locations includes a link to directions to SEATAC.

http://www.clippervacations.com/faq/directions.html

Depending on your son's location this might be the most convenient. I believe the Port Angeles ferry leaves from Sidney.

Have you considered the Victoria Clipper? It is passenger only but leaves from Downtown Victoria. Here is a link to their website which shows the terminal locations includes a link to directions to SEATAC.

Depending on your son's location this might be the most convenient. I believe the Port Angeles ferry leaves from Sidney.

According to their websites, both leave from Victoria's inner harbour on Belleville Street. The ferries leaving from Sidney are the provincial ones heading to Tswwassen and the Gulf Islands.

I think both the Clipper and the Coho are possibilities for the OP's son.

From Swartz Bay (North of Sidney) to Vancover and then drive down to Seattle. Must drive over the border. B C Ferries.

From Sidney to Port Angeles need to drive to Seattle from ferry.

From Downtown Victoria (Inner harbour) Coho again will need a car to get to Seattle.

From Victoria to Seattle on the Clipper. Probably the fastest method. Passenger only. Can get ground transpotation from Port of Seattle to Airport.

From Swartz Bay (North of Sidney) to Vancover and then drive down to Seattle. Must drive over the border. B C Ferries.

From Sidney to Port Angeles need to drive to Seattle from ferry.

From Downtown Victoria (Inner harbour) Coho again will need a car to get to Seattle.

From Victoria to Seattle on the Clipper. Probably the fastest method. Passenger only. Can get ground transpotation from Port of Seattle to Airport.

Thank you blazey I knew that dis boards was the way to go with this puzzle everyone has gone out of their way to help.

Thank you AB everyone has been so helpful Dis Boards rock!!

Sue I just noticed you are going to Disney January 2013 and staying at POFQ. Small world we are going to be at POR January 2013. Really excited to share the magic. :woohoo:

:thumbsup2. Small world! We are going late January for 10 nights.

Thank you everyone for your time and info. We now have things figured out. My son and daughter in law will be taking the clipper to Seatle from there it is a short 2 block walk to a shuttle that will take them directly to Seatle Airport and the price is an amazing $3 per person. Thought I would update you all and leave the info for anyone else with similar plans in the future. 5 weeks to go and so excited :yay:

Congrats! Glad it worked out with their flight times! Are you packing yet? lol. I think I'll start just after New Years :goodvibes Can't wait for our first POFQ stay. We've stayed at POR several times, so have gone over to visit, and check it out :thumbsup2

Congrats! Glad it worked out with their flight times! Are you packing yet? lol. I think I'll start just after New Years :goodvibes Can't wait for our first POFQ stay. We've stayed at POR several times, so have gone over to visit, and check it out :thumbsup2

Hi Sue, Not packing yet going to wait for about 5 days prior so I can keep an eye on accuweather. we are 5 weeks out and the excitment is building :goodvibes. Looking forward to sharing the magic with family hope they love it as much as I do.
:dance3:

Hi Sue, Not packing yet going to wait for about 5 days prior so I can keep an eye on accuweather. we are 5 weeks out and the excitment is building :goodvibes. Looking forward to sharing the magic with family hope they love it as much as I do.
:dance3:

I always pack a little of everything, for hot or cold weather! It can get warm mid day, but mornings and evenings can be chilly so I layer.

I always find the alternatives to be annoying and surprisingly expensive!

We've only done it once, but we just closed our eyes and bought plane tickets (expensive, but not THAT much more expensive than driving and staying the night before or the Clipper etc. etc.)

The Clipper is often $150 per person round-trip and depending on your flight times you might need to stay over the night before.

Anyway, just my two cents. I'm glad it works for your son! :D

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter