Victoria and Albert's Menu Help!

Poopie Kitty

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I are going to Victoria and Albert's next week and we don't understand anything on the menu! I tried googling it with little progress. For example, what is "oxtail jus"?? Could anyone look at the menu and tell me what the items are so I won't have to ask the waiter to explain it all to me? Thanks in advance!

oxtail is normally not ox but beef tail and it is cooked down to a sauce..jus=juice basically.

coulis is also a type of sauce usually a veggie or fruit emulsion

spaetzle is a German type of egg noodle/pasta

sweetbreads are thymus and pancreas glands/organs

soubise is a white sauce creamy and onion flavored

ramp is a veggie

gateau is a "purse"

mostarda de cremona is a fruity mustardy sauce

I've had most of the items on that menu,the fois gras(goose liver)tart is devine.Spring for any extras you always wanted to try cause they will be done justice.We will occasionally get caviar but always truffle if available.Try it with a bite of everything.:cloud9:

After you are seated, at the time you are given the menus they will also automatically read and explain the menus to you. Don't worry about it.

And if you do need to ask anything--they will be fine in giving you the answer. Don't even give it a second thought!!

Menu is also subject to change or have new items as they try to have the best and freshest of what's available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter