Victoria & Alberts Chefs Table Question

pod2314

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at BWV for our 19th anniversary in October, and I wanted to do something special for my wife to round out our stay. Is the Victoria & Albert’s Chef’s Table a good choice and how does it work.

We dined at the Chef's Table for our 23rd anniversary and it was great. You're seated in an alcove next to the kitchen. Scott Hummel, the chef, comes over to share a toast with you and to discuss any likes/dislikes/allergies with you. You then have about a zillion courses. Seriously, I don't even remember how many we had but they were each wonderful and beautifully presented. You have a chance to ask questions of the cooks working near you. It was a great time.

However if you've never dined at V&A before, you might also consider celebrating in the main dining room. It is an intimate, romantic room.

Thanks for the suggestion.Thank you for the suggestion. We have only been by the GF and then only on the monorail. I was planning to surprise my wife with a day at their spa as well.

Originally posted by pod2314
I was planning to surprise my wife with a day at their spa as well.

What a wonderful idea!:sunny: Have fun!

Victoria & Albert's is one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to, period! My DH and I would love to try the Chef's Table one day. We have dinned at V&A's about 6 times so far. My DH actually proposed there almost 8 years ago. I would try to go for the Chef's Table if you can book it. However, the main dining room is a beautiful and wonderful experience as well.

Wow, V&A's and a day at the spa! You have a very lucky wife! :)

If you truly enjoy a great meal and love to experience new tastes then book the Chef's Table. I was in heaven for the entire four hours. Chef Hunnell could not have been nicer.:)

The main differences between the Chef's table and the regular area are:
Only one seating (at 6:00) and more $$$$
Dinner can last up to 4 hours (ours lasted 3 1/2)
You are essentially in a working kitchen, so some "interaction" or interest on your part is nice. It might not be quite as romantic as the main room.
You get to sample as much (or as little) of what's on the menu that nite as you wish. That can wind up being a LOT of food!!
You do get the special attention of the head Chef that evening (and it may not be Scott, depending on which nite you go), and you may find other chef's walking over to chat. The nite we were there, the head pastry chef came over and sat right down with us as we discussed dessert!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter