Victoria & Albert's at Grand Floridian reopening July 28

jjjonesy

Earning My Ears
Anyone know anything about when Victoria & alberts may reopen? We are going in November and celebrating a friend finishing his graduate program. Hoping to finally dine there.

There were rumors and hints that they were getting ready to reopen this spring or summer - then in the past week, news came that the former chef retired. So I don't think anyone knows.

Yes, initially, they were projected to reopen in March, said one of the V&A's servers working at Steakhouse 71 to us in November. That was what he'd been told, he said.

Obviously, Chef Hunnel's decision altered that timeline.

Victoria & Albert’s Will Reopen “Later This Year”

Disney has just announced that they plan to reopen Victoria & Albert’s “later this year”, saying “we don’t have specifics right now, stay tuned for updates to come”.

Victoria & Albert’s is one of a handful of restaurants that still haven’t reopened following the COVID-19 shutdowns in March 2020.

Yeah, "later this year" doesn't sound like that's actually anytime soon lol.

Zip, and not as in zip-a-dee-doo-dah, sorry to say.

It had durn well better be open for us next May, or we will be seriously V&A's deprived.

Disney needs to fix food quality at the other restaurants before bringing back a high price meal that only caters to select people.

Last edited:
I spoke to a longtime V&A server last month and all employees were called back mid-May for tux fittings. It was Chef Aimee who retired and moved back to PR. Chef Hunnel was promoted. Chef Matt is taking over. He was 2nd to Chef Aimee.

Oh this is wonderful news. Really hoping it is open come this August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter