Via napoli question

Tpiejg

Disney Nana
I read such great reviews about Via Napoli, but i have never been because I always think its just pizza. I know I must be wrong or missing something. What am I missing? Why does everyone love their pizza so much?

It seems pretty authentic to Italy, and there are other things to eat there, too.
Click above on the "dining" and then "menus" to see what else. For us, it was nice to get good pizza, that was enough.

For us, it was because it was very good pizza...wood fire grilled, thin crust and very tasty for a park restaurant.

After many meals of similar American menus of steak and seafood, it was a welcome change.

We try to vary our meals during the week so we are not saturated by eating out every meal...try to mix it up with steak, seafood, Italian, Chinese, burger, Mexican...

Also, 4 of us shared a pizza and salad and it was much more affordable than many other restaurants.

It's very good pizza...and this is coming from a native New Yorker (Long Island specifically). It's not NY pizza though. It really is authentic Naples style pizza.

As a pp mentioned, you can get more than pizza but their pizza is very, very good!!! Via Napoli is a must do on every trip!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Thanks for your opinions. I guess the best thing to do is try it for ourselves and see. It must be good or you wouldnt see so many positive reviews.

I have no idea why people like their pizza. DH, who spent time in Italy, even said it didn't taste like what he had in Italy. And I just flat out disliked it. Had 2 or 3 small bites (I have a tricky palate and needed to be sure it wasn't just a one-bite problem) and put it down, ate nothing else. Sadly the server didn't ask any questions at all, even after I told her I thought it was bad. Most telling, my son, who is a pizza (of all kinds) FIEND, had only one piece. We don't plan on a re-do.

Also it's incredibly loud, which is really overwhelming to the border of painful for me.

I also like their pizza because it's thin crust and light on the sauce. I generally do like pizza and VN's is among my favorites. In addition, the calamari and arancini are really good appetizer choices. The seafood pasta is also really good. However, my favorite is the "Ugly but Good" ice cream sundae.

I also like the light and airy feeling of the restaurant. It's fun to watch the pizza cook in the wood-fired ovens. It has a high ceiling, so it can be loud, but it's never a problem for my family to have a conversation while eating there.

DVCismyhappyplace said:
hmmm....I've eaten there no less than 6 times and have never even had the pizza! :rotfl2:

How is that even possible? 6 times and no pizza? Next time, try the pizza. I promise you will love it. :)

Via pizza is simply TO DIE FOR. Very tasty. We had the four cheese and the pepperoni and love both, A LOT.

The atmosphere is gorgeous btw.

My husband thinks the Prosciutto e Melone pizza - (fontina, mozzarella, prosciutto, cantelope) was the single best thing he ate on our last trip.
I adore the Linguini Frutti di Mare -( shrimp, clams, mussels, and squid tossed in marinara piccante).
:goodvibes

My husband thinks the Prosciutto e Melone pizza - (fontina, mozzarella, prosciutto, cantelope) was the single best thing he ate on our last trip.

I agree with your dh on that pizza, never thought in a million years I'd like something like that - it was a m a z i n g!!:goodvibes:goodvibes
via-proc-pizza-inside.jpg

I have been trying to even "semi" duplicate this pizza since I've been home LOL! It's a hint of it but nothing like the real thing!! Feel free to read my full review with photos as this has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW and probably my favorite pizza ANYWHERE!:thumbsup2

Our Delicious Via Napoli Experience

We haven't been yet, but I'm super excited about trying the aricini and the pizza. We were in Rome last month and had some incredible suppli & different kinds of pizza. So far, Via Napoli is the closest I've seen to the stuff we had in Italy.

figment_jii said:
I also like their pizza because it's thin crust and light on the sauce. I generally do like pizza and VN's is among my favorites. In addition, the calamari and arancini are really good appetizer choices. The seafood pasta is also really good. However, my favorite is the "Ugly but Good" ice cream sundae.

I also like the light and airy feeling of the restaurant. It's fun to watch the pizza cook in the wood-fired ovens. It has a high ceiling, so it can be loud, but it's never a problem for my family to have a conversation while eating there.

I'm happy to see the good reviews of the pizza. I booked for June and it'll be our first time there. I was planning on ordering pizza. ;)

jwfla422 said:
I agree with your dh on that pizza, never thought in a million years I'd like something like that - it was a m a z i n g!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

I have been trying to even "semi" duplicate this pizza since I've been home LOL! It's a hint of it but nothing like the real thing!! Feel free to read my full review with photos as this has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW and probably my favorite pizza ANYWHERE!:thumbsup2

Our Delicious Via Napoli Experience

Great review. Thank you!

I plan to eat here with DH when we visit in Jan. Most likely we will share a pizza, but I have no idea which kind yet!

I typically prefer thicker crust pizzas (I think the crust is the best part!), but thin crust doesn't turn me off. What does have me worried though is that this is going to be another case of me hating something that everyone else likes. There is a regionally famous pizza place where I live that EVERYONE loves. The NY times even had some blurb about it recently. I don't get it!! :confused3

I hope this isn't the case at VN, but since a New Yorker said it's good, I will trust that opinion ;)

What does have me worried though is that this is going to be another case of me hating something that everyone else likes. There is a regionally famous pizza place where I live that EVERYONE loves. The NY times even had some blurb about it recently. I don't get it!! :confused3

I hope this isn't the case at VN, but since a New Yorker said it's good, I will trust that opinion ;)

Why worry about that? It happens to me all the time. People rave about Ohana dinner, Le Cellier, and Beaches & Cream all the time, like the meals were made from the good lord himself....and i cant stand any of those places. Welcome to the sore thumb club! :welcome:

:lmao:

Their Linguine Frutti di Mare is really good (seafood linguine)
562840_10150924448700899_1458908467_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter