Via Napoli or Teppan Edo? Sci Fi for 5? Crystal Palace or Tusker House?

MellyBeans

Mouseketeer
Help me pick my (final) Epcot restaurant! Five (or six) of us going on the DDP. My husband is both gluten and lactose free, although he can and will eat gluten if need be (he's much stricter with no lactose.) I'm worried he will have issues ordering anything at Via Napoli, though I know the rest of our party will love it. I've also never been to Via Napoli and it looks so whimsical and fun.

Our other choice is Teppan Edo. My DH and I have been here before, and we both enjoyed it. I know he can and will eat here without problems. Problem is, my FIL is THE PICKIEST eater in the history of the world. He'll eat the steak here just fine, but I doubt he'll touch the veggies, the noodles or even the rice. I know he can get a pizza a Via Napoli and be perfectly content. Help! Which one would you chose?

Also, DH and I have been to both TH and CP for breakfast and enjoy both. We prefer TH for the food and the classic characters, but prefer CP for getting on an empty Main street at MK before park open. I only want to do one character breakfast so as to not waste the "value" of the DP but am having trouble deciding what experience to give the rest of our traveling party. Can anyone help me decide?

Finally, I love Sci Fi for lunch just for the peaceful, air conditioning heaven. (Plus I hate the CS options at HS). However, we are likely going as a party of five. Is that too awkward a number to bother? Will someone likely have to sit alone, or would we get a less desirable table in back? Can someone refresh my memory how many rows are in a car?

Sci Fi is three rows per car. We had five, and we did two, two, one. It's not really set up for conversation, so that was fine.

For breakfast, I would pick whichever fits in your schedule better. I like 'Ohana for a character breakfast, in part because it's hard to handle a buffet with small kids.

I would think if you mentioned to Via your husbands dietary concerns they may be able to accomadate something from the menu.

Tusker House is a winner for us every time so it gets my vote!!

I would pick via naopli without a doubt. I love teppan, but I love via way more. I agree that talking to the chef about your DH allergies is a wise thing to do.

Tusker and CP are both very good breakfast options...but my fave is CP. Love the food choices more, and the omlette station...plus the breakfast lasagna and poohs french toast is incredible. YUM! :)

ChristineOH said:
Sci Fi is three rows per car. We had five, and we did two, two, one. It's not really set up for conversation, so that was fine.

I agree with this. Its not setup for conversation. But I would also do 2, 1, 2. That way the loner can talk to ppl in front or back if they wish. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!