VGT rates during covid

lovedisneycruise

Mouseketeer
Im familiar with how the VGT rates worked in the past – you’re paying in full and you could not cancel or change. I’ve been trying to get through to Disney on the phone and through their contact us form and have not received a response. Is there any change in how these rates work with the Covid policies in place? Is it as simple as you pay in full and if you’re exposed or get Covid you cancel and get your money back? Or is there anything different about how these room rates work at this time?

there any change in how these rates work with the Covid policies in place? Is it as simple as you pay in full and if you’re exposed or get Covid you cancel and get your money back?
Yes. I believe that @Cheburashka might have direct experience with it, but as far as I understand, covid policy applies to everything.

I asked my DU TA this exact question and she said yes the Vgt booking does fall under the covid policy. You would get a full refund if you can’t cruise because of covid.

But if you couldn’t cruise for any reason other than Covid, would it then fall under your insurance policy? Or I am over-thinking this?
Also do we know how long the Covid policy is going to be in effect—do we think thru 2022?

The Cruise Date Flexibility and Flexible Refund policies work with *GT. These allow for rescheduling up to 15 days prior or a refund within 14 days of embarkation.

But if you couldn’t cruise for any reason other than Covid, would it then fall under your insurance policy? Or I am over-thinking this?
Technically, yes. But DCL's policy at this time does not require documentation of Covid. So I suspect people may claim that regardless of their reason.

Also do we know how long the Covid policy is going to be in effect—do we think thru 2022?
  • The Extended Final Payment and Relaxed Cancellation Fees policies currently run through Dec. 31, 2022.
  • The Cruise Date Flexibility policy which allows for rescheduling up to 15 days prior to embarkation only runs through Sept. 30, 2022.
  • The Flexible Refund policy that allows for cancellation within 14 days of embarkation has no stated end date. However it is listed as a "temporary" policy so it could conceivably be ended at any point. I expect it will remain in effect as long as there is a testing requirement for boarding.

DCL Book with Confidence

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter