VGF Room Request

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
I am surprising my teenage daughter with a night at VGF at the end of our stay. (She has always wanted to stay there, and our wait list just came through!) We have a standard view studio. Any suggestions for room location request? Or any overall suggestions regarding the resort? We will be spending the morning and probably evening at MK, with some pool time in between. We'll also have time the following day before we catch DME around 3 p.m.

I would keep it simple and either ask for high floor or ground floor. There is really only 1 "bad" standard studio at VGF and it's 1221, on the 2nd floor - it's on the same level as the roof of the port cochere so ... you should do a google image search for VGF 1221 and see. We were in 1421, 2 floors up, and the view was spectacular (also a standard studio) - we had the monorail with the sunset behind it and also a view of the lake to the left.

Last time I asked for a high floor in a standard studio and we were on the ground floor. I was like, at least we aren't in 1221. But the ground floor room was really convenient to go in/out of one of the side doors, and it was super close to the pool. It was a garden view with a monorail view, and it was perfectly nice. One danger though - I think they put people only in 1221 as a last resort, so 1-night stays are more susceptible to getting stuck there. But if you make your request and accept that you have a better than average chance of ending up in 1221 (because you're only staying 1 night), then anything you get is a bonus. But yeah, with standard studios, it's all about avoiding 1221 so either "high floor" or "ground floor" will be better than no request at all. (But you still might end up there.)

I would keep it simple and either ask for high floor or ground floor. There is really only 1 "bad" standard studio at VGF and it's 1221, on the 2nd floor - it's on the same level as the roof of the port cochere so ... you should do a google image search for VGF 1221 and see. We were in 1421, 2 floors up, and the view was spectacular (also a standard studio) - we had the monorail with the sunset behind it and also a view of the lake to the left.

Last time I asked for a high floor in a standard studio and we were on the ground floor. I was like, at least we aren't in 1221. But the ground floor room was really convenient to go in/out of one of the side doors, and it was super close to the pool. It was a garden view with a monorail view, and it was perfectly nice. One danger though - I think they put people only in 1221 as a last resort, so 1-night stays are more susceptible to getting stuck there. But if you make your request and accept that you have a better than average chance of ending up in 1221 (because you're only staying 1 night), then anything you get is a bonus. But yeah, with standard studios, it's all about avoiding 1221 so either "high floor" or "ground floor" will be better than no request at all. (But you still might end up there.)
Thanks so much! If there’s only one room with a bad view, that’s not too bad! We’ve had one night stays with various results, sometimes getting a fantastic view. I guess it all depends on what’s available and who’s checking out when. I’ll note that we’re celebrating my daughter’s graduation, so maybe that will help!

One danger though - I think they put people only in 1221 as a last resort, so 1-night stays are more susceptible to getting stuck there.

I get that theory but it hasn't been my experience. Or I was just extra lucky and was assigned 1221 last November for an 8 night stay. I actually have always gotten the worst rooms for the longest stays. Years ago we finally had a 7 night stay after doing 5 nights as the norm. Boardwalk view 1BR. Assigned the one that has a small balcony facing the Village Green.

On a single night stay at VGF I was placed in an HA room.

My last one night stay was an HA studio. Doing another one nighter at the end of our big trip in June. Hope it is not 1221 :duck:

I get that theory but it hasn't been my experience. Or I was just extra lucky and was assigned 1221 last November for an 8 night stay. I actually have always gotten the worst rooms for the longest stays. Years ago we finally had a 7 night stay after doing 5 nights as the norm. Boardwalk view 1BR. Assigned the one that has a small balcony facing the Village Green.

I just had a HA room here for a single night stay.

Oy, that's rough! We have generally gotten pretty close to what we requested, other than getting ground floor last time when we'd requested a higher floor. But, it turned out to be a lovely room and it was nice not having to wait for the elevator (and wrangle the stroller).

That is a bummer! That is why I avoid on-line check in. There have been a couple of times that I was very unhappy with my room location/view. They can often switch your room assignment, especially if you’re willing to wait a bit longer for an available room or switch rooms after the first night. That can be a pain, but sometimes worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!