VGF new fence going up for NBA

icc2515

DIS Veteran

Hopefully I posted that correctly. There is this new absolutely horrid blue tarp fence going up at VGF to separate the NBA from the non NBA. I have never stayed at the VGF before, but managed to snag a room before I knew the NBA was going to be using it. Does anybody know where this fence is in relation to the DVC. Also does anybody know what parts of the resort the DVC members will not have access to?

I’m pretty sure these are near the quick service eatery/marina area. You wouldn’t be able to see this from VGF.

Well, except MAYBE the higher-level Grand Villas and then only for part of the second picture. But even then it’s far away on the other side of the resort.

Ah, just noticed in the first picture that if you look above the pick-up you can see the top of one of the boats. So the tables on the left are part of the quick service and the marina is to the right behind the truck.

So it looks like there will be no views of the castle from Gasparillas and no access to the quiet pool? I wonder of boat transportation will be available

That blue fence is horrid. Guess this will be the standard at the other properties to keep the players in the "Disney Bubble" and so that no one from the outside can look in. Can't imagine that blue fence being erected at the Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay..always such a beautiful view of Stormalong Bay from the boardwalk area.
Here's the question. To prevent the spread of Covid, is my assumption correct that it will be players only and not wives or families?

Here's the question. To prevent the spread of Covid, is my assumption correct that it will be players only and not wives or families?

Once the playoffs start a few weeks in and teams start getting eliminated there are procedures for family to join.

Once the playoffs start a few weeks in and teams start getting eliminated there are procedures for family to join.
I would imagine that once families start joining, the chance for increased cases go up. Maybe they will be asymptomatic or catch Covid on planes coming down, seems like risk increases once the families start coming.:eek:

Interesting, a total of 7 days, 3 days in Orlando somewhere and 4 day subsequent quarantine somewhere "within the Bubble" but not with their families. I thought that there was a 14 day incubation period possibly. Wonder why they are using 7 instead of the 14 day that NY, NJ, and CT residents were given according to DeSantis Executive Order? Wonder if this quarantine will be as "closely monitored and followed up on"o_O as the Florida 14 day quarantine from NJ, CT, and NY?? :rolleyes:LOL!

Im concerned about this for our late September GFV trip. No offense to the NBA and their families but I don't want to stay at "half" of a resort at these prices/point costs. Hopefully they are gone by then.
The rest of the resort opens 9/21 so the fence will be gone.

Interesting, a total of 7 days, 3 days in Orlando somewhere and 4 day subsequent quarantine somewhere "within the Bubble" but not with their families. I thought that there was a 14 day incubation period possibly. Wonder why they are using 7 instead of the 14 day that NY, NJ, and CT residents were given according to DeSantis Executive Order? Wonder if this quarantine will be as "closely monitored and followed up on"o_O as the Florida 14 day quarantine from NJ, CT, and NY?? :rolleyes:LOL!
Most people when infected will show signs and symptoms in 2-3 days. Some can take 14 days and some never show symptoms. They can simply test them and have results in less than 1 hour.

Modified our July BCV reservation as soon as I found out that the NBA would be at YC and Stormalong Bay would not be open. For resort only stay, wanted a nice pool, worked out well, wanted to try Riviera in the future, so this is a great time!😊

Last edited:
So is there any idea on what will be open at the Grand? Will we be able to get to grand Floridian cafe?
It appears that they will not be using the public facilities (including restaurants), except for a single pool (most likely a cordoned off "quiet" pool). No one in the group, including team members' families, will be allowed to visit the theme parks.

"While at their hotels, players will have access to a players-only lounge, pools, barbers, manicurists and pedicurists, a 24-hour VIP concierge, movie screenings, video games, ping pong, and lawn games. Players will also be able to attend other games.
Any player who leaves the Orlando "bubble" without permission will face a 10 to 14 day quarantine and enhanced testing, along with reduced compensation for games missed".
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...floridian-and-yacht-club-when-season-resumes/GFC is currently listed as open to people staying at the resort, so while not guaranteed, is likely to remain public. It would be difficult to maintain the "bubble" if they offered any sort of dining out to the group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter