Very Scary, Not so Scary, and Everything In Between! 🎃 Updated 12/9. Last day**

Excited to meet up in December! :love:

Sounds like a great trip so far! Stinks that MNSSHP was so packed. Definitely makes me feel better we didn't go lol as much as I've loved the parties in the past Disney is just too money hungry with the parties! We're skipping the christmas party too and opting to just watch the fireworks from our dinner at Cali Grill!

ell my where are we game so far is going over like a lead balloon :rotfl2:
I will keep doing it just so you all can see how detailed my Disney loving Andigirl is!
Vanessa @vamassey1 gets the Pride and Atta Girl for the first one! :woohoo:
The first one was the queue of Finding Nemo Under the Seas!
Enjoy this toast from Leo, you earned it!
1669037984271.gif
Thank you! That makes perfect sense that the photo is from the queue. I've taken pictures of ceiling before in there.

Love your dress!

We headed to AL, I wanted to do PoTC, the wait was about 20 minutes! I thought this was long on a party night. The ride had live actors in it. The queue had one “pirate” in the jail area, trying to get out! He was fun to listen to and watch as you walked through the queue.

The ride also had actors in it. It was a fun ride experience and just a little different than the normal ride.

This sounds so fun.

Picture is from the Disney Food blog! Thank you!
Looks good!

It still was threatening rain but it never did rain!
You're so lucky. I know several parties were nothing but rain.

I got a few pictures while we sat on the curb.
IMG_2022-11-21-085528.jpg

IMG_2022-11-21-085218.jpg

These are so cute.

Here is an easy Where are we? No challenge for Andi with this one, lol 😂

Pirates queue.

This is a hard one, she did get this one, I couldn’t believe it!
IMG_2022-11-21-085623.jpg
This one has me stumped.

We enjoyed it but it was very crowded and made it difficult to have a majorly awesome time!
I am so sorry to hear your party was so crowded. I was pleasantly surprised with crowd levels when I went in August.
I had bought a few of the mini charcuterie trays from my grocery order. These were really good and nice to have out on the deck.
I love those and always order them on our trips.
I was texting with Lesley and Su-Lynn, they both were at the party. We decided to meet up at the PM. We all took a ride on the PM and visited for a little while before we parted ways.
Awesome to meet up! Su-Lynn will be in Epcot the day we are all there on the 12th so hopefully we can meet up!
We did the treat trails in this area again. D was very serious when she asked can we do the same ones more than once? 😆

I reassured her we could go through the trails over and over!

We worked our way back to the HM area but the wait was 40 minutes so we decided to pass on it for now. We did the treat trails in FL.

Rode the tea cups with a spooky overlay and went back into TL. We did the treat trails here, rode Buzz, PM, and watched some of the dance party! It was a Monster Inc dance party! Very cute!

It still was threatening rain but it never did rain!
I still have never ridden the Tea Cups! I love those dance parties, they are so cute! I also did some treat trails multiple times. :) Lucky you that you had no rain. The first few hours of my party were so wet!
We left a little before the fireworks ended so we could get on HM! This was a good plan, the wait was minimal. I love how the CM’s really play the part at the Halloween party.
Haunted Mansion on party nights is fabulous!
We really enjoyed the parade, however, it was just so crowded and some very pushy people trying to take our spot! I didn’t like that and will watch the parade in Frontier Land from now on!
I can't stand those pushy people. I always "accidentally" bump into them with my backpack or step back into them. Then I smile sweetly and say "Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you moved so close to me". Works like a charm!

Oh... alright. I'll keep reading.
:thanks: Since very few are :rotfl:
Smart! Love this idea.
It was the first time I did the little meat and cheese trays and what a great idea!
Really like your outfit!
Ahh Thank you, it has Jack and Sally on the skirt.
All you ladies look great!
:thanks: It was very nice to say hi to them. They had a busy fun filled next 10 days!
Huh. This was not our experience.
Usually these earlier parties are not real crowded. This was my first September party, normally we do the party in August. The rides were low wait times but wow you would have spent the entire party meeting maybe a couple characters and a couple PhotoPass spots!
That's not too bad, I think, considering the live actors who enhance the ride and its popularity.
Yeah, you are right, it wasn’t to bad. It just seemed so mobbed in there. This party I observed mass amounts of people using the DAS system. The LL line was huge at times.
Bet she was happy when you told her the answer!
Yes and we made sure to hit the least crowded trails over and over, except all the snickers we got, yikes!
Yeah... I love watching from the hub, but am not a fan of the projections. I spend far too much time looking up and down
When you are super short like me, people just push and crowd me in so unless I am doing the dessert party I stay out of the hub!
Best ride in the park is made even better.
Very true, we missed Carlotta and the butler this time!
Powerline
Not worth the Mainstreet spot. I would much rather be in Frontier Land.
It is Goofy’s son Max, singing and dancing with CMs. It is something from the 90’s? I didn’t relate I’m to old I guess.
Sorry to hear about the pushy people. Not cool.
Ugh I hate that. People are so bold and could care less about being nice when it comes to a Disney parade :rotfl:
That is an easy one...
I love this more during MNSSHP nights of course.
Good job!
Gonna guess HM.
Clever……

Excited to meet up in December! :love:

Sounds like a great trip so far! Stinks that MNSSHP was so packed. Definitely makes me feel better we didn't go lol as much as I've loved the parties in the past Disney is just too money hungry with the parties! We're skipping the christmas party too and opting to just watch the fireworks from our dinner at Cali Grill!
I’m really excited to meet you and have dinner with everyone! This will be a highlight of my solo trip!
The party was really crowded! It was a bit of a bummer. I’m glad it didn’t rain!
The parties of the past were so much better, way less crowded and way less money!
Good idea to have a dinner at Cali Grill and watch the fireworks from there. It is a great spot!

Thank you! That makes perfect sense that the photo is from the queue. I've taken pictures of ceiling before in there.
Good job! You have an eye for detail at Disney
Love your dress!
:thanks: It is very comfortable and has pockets! I love a dress with pockets!
This sounds so fun.
The Pirates ride and queue were fun with the live actors!
You're so lucky. I know several parties were nothing but rain.
We really did luck out with the weather that night! Almost every night it rained on this trip!
Pirates queue.
Bingo! :woohoo:
This one has me stumped.
I would never get this one :rotfl2:

I am so sorry to hear your party was so crowded. I was pleasantly surprised with crowd levels when I went in August.
We usually go in August and I found this September party much more crowded!
I love those and always order them on our trips.
I will continue to order the little cheese and meat trays, perfect with a glass of wine!
Awesome to meet up! Su-Lynn will be in Epcot the day we are all there on the 12th so hopefully we can meet up!
It was nice to say hi to the ladies! I’m excited for our meet up, I hope I see Su-Lynn as well!
We had a couple more Dis meets on our September trip! One was a chance meeting!
I still have never ridden the Tea Cups! I love those dance parties, they are so cute! I also did some treat trails multiple times. :) Lucky you that you had no rain. The first few hours of my party were so wet!
It is cute with the fog and Halloween overlay.
I decided to do the Christmas party, I’m actually excited to be on my own! I can do the things I like and try to get some pictures and meet and greets in!
I want to do the Tea cups and the cars in TL, there is an overlay along the track. I will tolerate the stinky cars to see that!
Haunted Mansion on party nights is fabulous!
I love it 😻
I can't stand those pushy people. I always "accidentally" bump into them with my backpack or step back into them. Then I smile sweetly and say "Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you moved so close to me". Works like a charm!
That is a great idea! I am going to use this tip next time.

@pkondz is the winner this post! He got both the Where are we? Pictures correct. Here is some pride and atta boy at you on Thanksgiving Day!

1669319255060.jpeg

@vamassey1 got 1 right, yay! Awesome job!

1669319362954.png

The first picture was PoTC queue and the second picture was in the HM queue!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

Both my kids were home this last weekend and Jack and his girlfriend were going to come for Thanksgiving, however, his girlfriend is sick with Covid like symptoms. She tested negative but still under the weather so just Joe and I. Joe is the chief cook so I get to relax and watch him work!

A relaxing day!

Today was Monday, 9/12/22.

We decided to sleep in some, lounge on the deck and leisurely get ready for the day!

I had made a later breakfast ADR for Trails End at FW.

The reservation was for 10:50am. I decided taking a Lyft to FW was the best idea. It allowed for a much more relaxing morning.

Can you use Disney transportation to get there, definitely! I would give myself an hour to do that. I would take the bus from AKL to AK park and find the FW bus stop, hop on that bus and head to FW!

If you do that or take a Lyft, you will need to hop on the internal bus to get to the restaurant. FW is huge!

The other Disney transportation route is taking the bus from AKL to MK, once at MK head to the boat transportation for FW and take the boat over. If you do this, you will not need to take the internal bus because the boat drop off is close to the restaurant!

Okay I am done with my Disney tips and tricks for now! :thumbsup2

Our Lyft came promptly and it was quite easy to take the internal bus to the restaurant area. This was the first time I did this. The bus driver was the nicest guy!

We used the restrooms and looked around some before checking in.

We checked in on the app and literally got our text a few minutes later. :woohoo:

This breakfast used to be a buffet, it was an AYCTE set up at this time.

The restaurant was not really busy and we had a nice table off to the side. Our waitress was very nice. We ordered some coffee, juice, and water.
IMG_2022-11-24-135620.jpg
The first course is pastries! These were really good, there was a variety of muffins, cinnamon buns, and croissants.
IMG_2022-11-24-135659.jpg
I had brought some ziploc bags for leftover pastry like this and of course I forgot these in our room!

The pastries were served with a really good honey cinnamon butter.

The next course was yogurt and berry granola.
IMG_2022-11-24-135743.jpg

The platter had Mickey waffles, scrambled eggs, cheesy potatoes, sausage, and bacon.
IMG_2022-11-24-135830.jpg
Everything was very good and It came out nice and hot! The waffles were fluffy on the inside, the eggs were delicious, and I love the cheesy potatoes.

This was a nicely paced meal. We did ask for more potatoes and Mickey waffles, of course!!

I would highly recommend this breakfast. This breakfast was $22.99 per person and I did get an AP discount as well. If you want a solid breakfast without characters, I would do this one.

The cost is much less than a character breakfast.

We left feeling full and happy 😆

I wanted to show D the newly remodeled Circle D ranch area.

FW offers horseback rides, a couple different tours, and sleigh rides at Christmas time.

The barn area is a fun place to check out some of the horses, ponies, and the Kaleidoscope carriage.

We spent time checking out the barn and saying hi to Grady!
IMG_2022-11-24-135906.jpg
It was a nice time.

Once we finished up at FW, we decided to take the boat transportation to MK

The co-captain was full of Disney trivia and jokes! I wish I could remember some of it, lol 😆

We reached MK and headed towards the buses and before we got there, I heard my name. We ran into Jen and Joe! We stopped to visit for a few minutes. They said MK was very busy and they were on their way to WL.

D was impressed I ran into someone I knew! She was like, wow, you know a lot of people! Haha 😆

In all seriousness, I have met so many lovely people from the Dis and I am so very thankful for that! :love:

We said goodbye to Jen and Joe and headed to the AKL bus stop.

Sometime earlier, I had made an ILL aka Fancy ride reservation for FOP. We would head into AK later today.

Once back at AKL, we took a little rest, sat out on the balcony, and enjoyed the ambiance of AKL.

It was threatening to rain this evening, what is new! This was the theme of this trip. Rain almost every evening!

We had a plan to do FOP and try for a walk up at Nomad Lounge.

I think our FOP was for around 5:30pm. We headed over to AK park and went directly to Pandora.

We got in line and had a minimal wait. We both really like this attraction and really enjoyed it this time.

Once we got to the outside portion of the exit, we discovered it was pouring rain. We got into the gift shop and I joined the walk up list for Nomads. We did not have to wait long and I got the notification to return to the restaurant. It was still raining so we put on our ponchos first.

During this time, Andi texted letting me know our table was ready! She got the notification as well. :rotfl:

We headed over to the lounge and we’re seated inside. This is the first time I have sat inside. We love sitting out on the deck.

With the rain, we didn’t want to be outside.

We had a nice little table with comfy chairs.

Now I was bragging to D, about how many times I have been here and my favorite items on the menu. :rolleyes1

I tell her my favorite drink is the Tempting Tigress, without even looking at the menu. Ugh, I was totally wrong. The waitress took our order and out comes this bourbon drink for me and D had ordered the drink I love. So much for being a know it all.
IMG_2022-11-24-140047.jpg
Did I tell you, I hate bourbon 🥃 yuck!

The waitress took pity on me and brought me the Leaping Lizard drink, which is the one I love. ::yes::
IMG_2022-11-24-140013.jpg
We did keep the bourbon drink and I tried to drink some and I just hated it. D drank some and she didn’t like it either. The bourbon was very smooth but the taste was just yuck to me.

We decided to order the Impossible sliders with the Yucca fries and the house made churros.
IMG_2022-11-24-140127.jpg
We enjoyed the burgers, fries, and the delicious churros. The churros didn’t have the usual dipping sauces this evening. The spicy strawberry sauce was switched to a coffee crème brûlée sauce. The vanilla sauce was the same. The waitress asked what we thought of the coffee sauce and I told her I missed the strawberry sauce.
IMG_2022-11-24-140203.jpg
She said I wasn’t the first to say that. She said the chef likes to hear what the guests say and she would pass it along!

We closed down the lounge and headed out to a few shops before going back to AKL. The rain had stopped by this time.

This was a nice relaxing day. We needed a day like this to recharge. We still had 4 full days left of our trip.

My Take away for all of you, Reserve breakfast at Trails End and join the walk up list for Nomads on your next trip!

This is a where are we picture from the night before!
IMG_2022-11-24-135528.jpg
Any guesses? Give it a try! Yes, Andi got this right away.

Stay tuned for

“Bad Reviews are not always correct!”

Last edited:
:thanks: Since very few are :rotfl:
Well, really... I'm all you need, don't you think?

:duck:
Ahh Thank you, it has Jack and Sally on the skirt.
I saw! :thumbsup2
This party I observed mass amounts of people using the DAS system. The LL line was huge at times.
Really!
Yes and we made sure to hit the least crowded trails over and over, except all the snickers we got, yikes!
:laughing:
When you are super short like me, people just push and crowd me in so unless I am doing the dessert party I stay out of the hub!
Bring one of these bad boys next time.
1669343997762.png
Very true, we missed Carlotta and the butler this time!
Too bad. They're so great. :)
It is Goofy’s son Max, singing and dancing with CMs. It is something from the 90’s? I didn’t relate I’m to old I guess.
Ah. I think I'm okay missing this.
Ugh I hate that. People are so bold and could care less about being nice when it comes to a Disney parade :rotfl:
Happiest place on Earth...

@pkondz is the winner this post! He got both the Where are we? Pictures correct. Here is some pride and atta boy at you on Thanksgiving Day!
:woohoo:
I had made a later breakfast ADR for Trails End at FW.
I must remember this. It sounds pretty good!
The other Disney transportation route is taking the bus from AKL to MK, once at MK head to the boat transportation for FW and take the boat over.
This is probably how I would do it. I like that boat ride.
This breakfast used to be a buffet, it was an AYCTE set up at this time.
I wonder if it will go back eventually?
The first course is pastries!

The next course was yogurt and berry granola.
This made me wonder...
I wondered if the order of the presentation was predicated on trying to fill you up with lesser expensive items so you wouldn't eat more of the pricier items, such as bacon.

Hmmm...
We did ask for more potatoes and Mickey waffles, of course!!
Of course! :laughing:

But... no more bacon?????
If you want a solid breakfast without characters, I would do this one.
Noted! :)
I wanted to show D the newly remodeled Circle D ranch area.
I've never been. I've been to HDD, but...
Once we finished up at FW,
I keep reading that as Food and Wine... and have to correct myself.
I heard my name. We ran into Jen and Joe!
Nice! Unexpected DISmeet. :)
D was impressed I ran into someone I knew! She was like, wow, you know a lot of people! Haha 😆
:laughing: You're a celebrity!
Once we got to the outside portion of the exit, we discovered it was pouring rain. We got into the gift shop and I joined the walk up list for Nomads.
I didn't know you could do this. From the app, I presume??
Now I was bragging to D, about how many times I have been here and my favorite items on the menu. :rolleyes1

I tell her my favorite drink is the Tempting Tigress, without even looking at the menu. Ugh, I was totally wrong. The waitress took our order and out comes this bourbon drink for me and D had ordered the drink I love. So much for being a know it all.
:lmao:
The churros didn’t have the usual dipping sauces this evening. The spicy strawberry sauce was switched to a coffee crème brûlée sauce. The vanilla sauce was the same. The waitress asked what we thought of the coffee sauce and I told her I missed the strawberry sauce.
Not being a coffee fan, I'd be a bit miffed about the substitution.
My Take away for all of you, Reserve breakfast at Trails End and join the walk up list for Nomads on your next trip!
Got it!
This is a where are we picture from the night before!
IMG_2022-11-24-135528.jpg

Any guesses? Give it a try! Yes, Andi got this right away.
Hmmm... somewhere in Dinoland I think. But not exactly sure where.

Sounds like you started your day right with that breakfast. Looks very tasty indeed. You give some great tips in this report for both getting around and how to make the most of the day. Nomads was a great way to escape the rain. I’m betting Andi was wishing she was joining you when she got the table ready notification 😂
You’re now officially Disboard famous since Jen and Joe recognised you! They sound like such good craic I’m sure it was fun to chat with them. Sounds like you’ve more fun meets planned for your next trip too.
I’m going to guess the photo was taken at 7dmt queue.

Well, really... I'm all you need, don't you think?
Very true! Thanks again for reading along and commenting it really makes trip reporting way more fun!
Ah. I think I'm okay missing this.
Yeah, the whole Powerline thing was lost on me and watching the parade from Frontier Land is way better in my opinion!
I must remember this. It sounds pretty good!
It really is a good breakfast and a fun area to explore and spend a little time at the Fort! I didn’t say FW so you wouldn’t get confused with Food and Wine :rotfl:
This is probably how I would do it. I like that boat ride.
The boat ride is very relaxing and I’m surprised how often the boats come, it never is a very long wait.
I wonder if it will go back eventually?
It really was a wonderful buffet and I bet it will go back at some point
This made me wonder...
I wondered if the order of the presentation was predicated on trying to fill you up with lesser expensive items so you wouldn't eat more of the pricier items, such as bacon.
:rotfl2:You are probably right! I never even though of that! Sneaky Disney business!
But... no more bacon?????
I can’t believe we didn’t get more bacon, it was pretty darn good!
I've never been. I've been to HDD, but...
Check out the Circle D ranch area next time, it really is nice!
Nice! Unexpected DISmeet. :)
It was nice!
now you could do this. From the app, I presume??
Yes certain restaurants have a walk up list and you join on the app. It really is nice especially for Nomads
Not being a coffee fan, I'd be a bit miffed about the substitution.
I agree, I’m not much for coffee type flavors in desserts or sauces. The strawberry one is delicious and goes perfectly with the vanilla sauce!
Hmmm... somewhere in Dinoland I think. But not exactly sure where.
No but makes sense since I love Dinosaur! It was from the night before at MK.
Thanks for guessing!

Sounds like you started your day right with that breakfast. Looks very tasty indeed. You give some great tips in this report for both getting around and how to make the most of the day.
Thanks Moira! I know getting to FW can be daunting for some with Disney transportation but it really is a good place to check out and Trails End is a wonderful dining option!
Nomads was a great way to escape the rain. I’m betting Andi was wishing she was joining you when she got the table ready notification
It was just perfect, minus ordering the wrong drink! I though it was really funny Andi was chiming in about our table. :rotfl: She does love Nomads Lounge!
You’re now officially Disboard famous since Jen and Joe recognised you! They sound like such good craic I’m sure it was fun to chat with them. Sounds like you’ve more fun meets planned for your next trip too.
I’m going to guess the photo was taken at 7dmt queue.
Haha my sister thought I was! I have known Jen and Joe for many years now and we have met up several times! They are so fun and a hoot to visit with!
I miss Jenny on here, she is to famous now for the Dis :rotfl2:

“Bad Reviews are not always correct!”

9/13/22 Tuesday

Today was a MK day. We got to the park at opening time, not early entry.

We started on the left and did Jungle Cruise as our first attraction. This was a good idea since the wait builds quickly for this one.
IMG_2022-11-27-180227.jpg
We had a minimal wait. There is something about this quirky cruise. I love it and it never gets old. Our skipper was funny and a few new puns thrown in for good times. :bounce:

Our next stop was PoTC and this was also a walk on. We waited far less than the party night. No live actors today just the good ole pirates arrr matey! pirate:

I want to say this trip we did not experience much bad line behavior which was a huge plus!

The last several trips prior, wow, we encountered some major line cutting, people fighting, and general bad behavior. I was happy to see much less this trip.
IMG_2022-11-27-180423.jpg
We continued on and we knocked out BTMRR, HM, WtP, and Philharmagic. This was a great morning for rides with minimal waits. I absolutely love Philharmagic with the new Coco scenes, it is beautiful! I always shed a little tear listening to Simba sing, I just can’t wait to be King! This was Jack’s all time favorite movie. He literally watched it over and over. He loved it and to this day still talks about his favorite movie The Lion King! He was only about 2-3 when it came out on video, wow time flies and what a classic!

We wanted to do PM next but it was down so we did CoP and I got to see the new outfits on the future family! They all got a little makeover. I wish they would remove the “car phone” part and say cell phone. I’m not sure why that really bugs me!
IMG_2022-11-27-180513.jpg
IMG_2022-11-27-180553.jpg
IMG_2022-11-27-180629.jpg
Cool outfits Future CoP family :thumbsup2

It was getting close to our lunch reservation and we headed towards Mainstreet. I got us an ADR at Tony’s for 11:50 am.

I wanted to watch FoF parade from the patio area at the restaurant. I requested a patio table and we waited a few minutes and got the perfect little table on the edge of the patio. We were facing Mainstreet and had a wonderful view. The parade starts at 12:00.

Our waiter was awesome. He was very nice and he kept the water and Diet Coke flowing. We never had to ask for more, he knew just when to fill us up again.

We decided to get the focaccia bread service with a Parmesan fondue for dipping. Oh my this was delicious and somewhat addicting. It was hard to stop eating this.
IMG_2022-11-27-180728.jpg
We also shared an entrée. We went with the Chicken Al Forno with Penne pasta. This was a roasted chicken, caramelized onions and mushrooms baked in a spicy creamy tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella.
IMG_2022-11-27-180806.jpg
This was very delicious and plenty to split with the bread service.

The picture doesn’t really show you much, however, under the cheese there was plenty of chicken, onions, and mushrooms with a really good flavor. There was also a small green salad with a light vinaigrette. It was light and crisp and went well with the rich entree.

Who knew Tony’s restaurant would be such a hit for us!
IMG_2022-11-27-180851.jpg
The parade started coming down to our area and it was wonderful to watch from this advantage point and no need to fight any crowds.
IMG_2022-11-27-181006.jpg
IMG_2022-11-27-181201.jpg
We had a wonderful time and D loved the food and the parade.

Pro tip try this plan for watching the parade! I think you will be pleased.

We took our time and once the parade was finished we were very satisfied and made sure to give our waiter a great tip!

He was the best waiter I have had at WDW in a long time!

We decided to check on PM and it was up and running again, yay! We rode PM and Buzz before heading out.

We got to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale at the train station as we were leaving. It was really fun to wave and interact with them! It is a great way to exit the park.

I had another first for both of us and I was really excited to try it out.

I didn’t get a where are we picture today, aren’t you all glad 😀 :rotfl2:

Stay tuned in the next post for a great adventure with the Tiki Gods!

I’m going to doing several more updates in the next few days. I want to finish this report before my 12/10 trip!

Very true! Thanks again for reading along and commenting it really makes trip reporting way more fun!
Well thanks for writing! :)
It really is a good breakfast and a fun area to explore and spend a little time at the Fort! I didn’t say FW so you wouldn’t get confused with Food and Wine :rotfl:
:lmao:
:rotfl2:You are probably right! I never even though of that! Sneaky Disney business!
;)
I can’t believe we didn’t get more bacon, it was pretty darn good!
Complete failure on your part. Shame! Shame I say!
Yes certain restaurants have a walk up list and you join on the app. It really is nice especially for Nomads
Thanks for the tip. :)
No but makes sense since I love Dinosaur! It was from the night before at MK.
Thanks for guessing!
Dang.
You're sure?

:rolleyes:
We started on the left and did Jungle Cruise as our first attraction. This was a good idea since the wait builds quickly for this one.
I always go left at MK. I think it's a holdover to when I read my very first UOG, back in the late 80s.
There is something about this quirky cruise. I love it and it never gets old.
::yes::
I want to say this trip we did not experience much bad line behavior which was a huge plus!
Well, that's good...
The last several trips prior, wow, we encountered some major line cutting, people fighting, and general bad behavior.
:scared:
we did CoP and I got to see the new outfits on the future family! They all got a little makeover.
Oh, geez. I didn't even notice they had new outfits. I remember thinking "I don't remember those outfits... must be me."
I wish they would remove the “car phone” part and say cell phone. I’m not sure why that really bugs me!
:laughing: I agree!
That photo makes her look real, doesn't it? The others, not so much. But that one? ::yes::
I wanted to watch FoF parade from the patio area at the restaurant. I requested a patio table and we waited a few minutes and got the perfect little table on the edge of the patio. We were facing Mainstreet and had a wonderful view. The parade starts at 12:00.
Niiice.
We decided to get the focaccia bread service with a Parmesan fondue for dipping.
Hello? Is that a new menu item? I don't remember it and sure would've been interested.
We went with the Chicken Al Forno with Penne pasta. This was a roasted chicken, caramelized onions and mushrooms baked in a spicy creamy tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella.
IMG_2022-11-27-180806.jpg

This was very delicious and plenty to split with the bread service.
I don't know if I could forgo my spaghetti, but... sure looks (and sounds) good.
We rode PM and Buzz before heading out.
Excuse me? No foot photo? What kind of TR is this???

:rotfl:
I didn’t get a where are we picture today, aren’t you all glad 😀 :rotfl2:
Tragic.
I’m going to doing several more updates in the next few days. I want to finish this report before my 12/10 trip!
<fastens seatbelt>

Part 2

We headed out of MK and went to the resort monorail staton.

D needed to experience the monorail again, it had been awhile.

We got on a newly refurbished monorail and it was a nice ride through CR, ticket and transportation and finally our destination The Polynesian!
IMG_2022-11-28-074307.jpg
My plan was to get our name on the Trader Sam’s list so we can be in the first wave to enter the tiny tiki bar!
IMG_2022-11-28-074346.jpg
I had read you can start putting your name in around 2pm.

We went over to the entrance and there already was a line of about 5-6 groups. I jumped in the line and soon we had our name on the list. The CM will text you when it is your time.

The bar opens around 3pm.

Once this was done, we spent time enjoying the beautiful Polynesian and the grounds.

It smells really good in this resort and I love looking in the gift shops.

We browsed around, got an ice water and relaxed in the lobby for awhile.

I was really excited to experience TS. I have never been. Andi was to nervous 😩about Covid the last few times we were here and she did not want to go into the small TS.

We got our coveted text around 3:15pm, yay we are heading into the famous little bar.

First thing I noticed, wow, what a small place! It was really themed well and very cozy.

We were seated with a family of 5 in a corner area at a large table. Andi would have hated this! Ugh germs you know, lol 😆

We were on one side of the table and the 5 of them were on the other side. They were nice enough but really did not want to converse with us so we spent our time looking around and enjoying all the special effects and the different reactions from the CMs with certain drink orders.
IMG_2022-11-28-074615.jpg
I ordered the Krakatoa Punch and D ordered the Tahitian Torch. Mine was a rum based drink and D’s was a vodka based one.

IMG_2022-11-28-074538.jpg
Tahitian Torch
Mine came in a souvenir cup, however, they were out of this cup to purchase. I’m not sure I would have purchased anyway so not a big deal.
IMG_2022-11-28-074428.jpg
When my drink was delivered, the tiki gods and volcano started to erupt! It was really cool.
IMG_2022-11-28-074647.jpg
We loved our drinks! Very tasty and strong, yum! I did buy a smaller souvenir cup for Andi, this is one that comes with a nonalcoholic beverage. I didn’t get the beverage just the cup and it was relatively cheap for Disney.
IMG_2022-11-28-074719.jpg
She loved it. I gave her all our souvenir cups from this trip, lol 😂

The HHN one, our prize from the cheese crawl, and this one.

Our one drink was just perfect in TS, it allowed us to check out the bar and watch all the fun antics of the CMs. This bar reminded me of Oga’s because the CM interaction makes the experience!

I’m so glad we decided to try out TS, it was really fun and I hope to be back again one day!

We took a Lyft back to AKL and relaxed for a little while.

I was texting with Liesa @Steppesister during this time. She had arrived at WDW and we wanted to meet up for a drink at DS.

We made plans to meet at Jock Lindsey’s Hanger bar this evening.

D and I headed out around 6pm. Liesa was very nice to wait in line at Gideon’s Bake House and she picked up 3 cookies for us. Yum! 2 chocolate chip and 1 pistachio toffee.

We met Liesa at Jocks, it was very nice to see her again.

We tried to find a spot at Jocks but it was very busy and the only table had direct, burn your face off, tables in the direct sun 🌞

We went over to WBG and did get a table out on there upper deck and by the time we sat, the sun was behind a big old tree and was going down for the night! Did I mention it was melt to a sweaty pool of yuck hot out? Well, yes it sure was!

We decided to share a charcuterie board and the Mac and cheese bites. I had a red sangria, D had a beer, and Liesa had some type of cocktail. The food and drinks were delicious 🤤
IMG_2022-11-28-074805.jpg
IMG_2022-11-28-074846.jpg
IMG_2022-11-28-074954.jpg
What a wonderful evening visiting with Liesa. My sister really enjoyed meeting Liesa and afterwards, she said how nice she was! She also said I’m shocked you have met so many nice people on the internet! :lmao:

Soon it was time to say our goodbye’s to Liesa. I never did run into her again this trip but very thankful we had this nice meet up.

We had such a nice visit and conversation, I totally forgot to get a picture of us. Wow, 2 dis meets and I have no proof of either, lol 😝 D is my witness I swear!

D and I made our way back to AKL to relax and get a good nights sleep.

Stay tuned for Epcot F&W and our first Genie+ purchase of this trip! Was it worth it??

D needed to experience the monorail again, it had been awhile.
Technically... for anyone not currently on a monorail... it's been too long.
I had read you can start putting your name in around 2pm.
Good to know.
Once this was done, we spent time enjoying the beautiful Polynesian and the grounds.
Hmmm... I've been to the Poly a small handful of times... but never really looked around the place.
I was really excited to experience TS. I have never been.
I've been to the one on the other coast, but would like to visist the East Coast version as well.
And after reading this chapter, it looks like I have a reason to, now!
First thing I noticed, wow, what a small place!
I wonder if it's bigger or smaller than DL's?
We were seated with a family of 5 in a corner area at a large table. Andi would have hated this!
Not a fan. Would much rather sit alone or with people I know.
D ordered the Tahitian Torch. Mine was a rum based drink and D’s was a vodka based one.
I looked up the ingredients for the Tahitian Torch. Sounds good! I don't like rum and that seems to be what 99% or the drinks at TS are made with.
Happy to find a drink I can actually have.
When my drink was delivered, the tiki gods and volcano started to erupt! It was really cool.
:goodvibes
This bar reminded me of Oga’s because the CM interaction makes the experience!
Now I need to go back to Oga's. I didn't notice any CM interaction the one and only time I went.
I was texting with Liesa @Steppesister during this time. She had arrived at WDW and we wanted to meet up for a drink at DS.

We made plans to meet at Jock Lindsey’s Hanger bar this evening.
Another DISmeet. :) Nice. :)
We tried to find a spot at Jocks but it was very busy and the only table had direct, burn your face off, tables in the direct sun 🌞
:eek:
We went over to WBG
<sigh> Every. Time.
Me: "Starts with W and is at DTD... Wolf Bang Guck!"

Always have to start over before I remember.
Did I mention it was melt to a sweaty pool of yuck hot out? Well, yes it sure was!
:scared: 🔥
My sister really enjoyed meeting Liesa and afterwards, she said how nice she was! She also said I’m shocked you have met so many nice people on the internet! :lmao:
She is nice. :) I've met her a few times and she is definitely very nice. :)
Wow, 2 dis meets and I have no proof of either, lol
:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter