Very large clear plastic bags to cover stroller?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We are gate checking DD's stroller. I do not want to buy a stroller carrying bag, but I do want to protect it from airline harm. I was thinking large clear plastic bag, or something similar (free :) ) Where would I find these or something better (for free). Thanks!

I'm not sure where to find a clear plastic bag for your stroller but I know they do make clear plastic trash bags. Usually when you gate check your stroller it goes into a closet at the front of the plane so there may not be a big need for a plastic cover since I think it would get banged around more than stained and the plastic cover isn't going to protect it from that.

I am bringing the clear rain cover for my daughter's stroller since last year in WDW , I noticed so many strollers getting drenched by one of those little Florida rain storms while people were inside an attraction. It would be awful to come out and see your high priced stroller too wet to put your baby in.

We usually just roll our stroller all the way down the jetway to the boarding door and then take our 3 yr old out of it at the door of the plane. When you arrive at your destination, they will have it ready for you as you get off the plane, right at the door of the plane, so you could just put your child right in the stroller and stroll them to get your baggage at baggage claim. It is soooo convenient and there is never a mark on the stroller from being handled roughly.
We don't bother with a stroller carrier because we do not need it when we use it this way.

Good luck!

Toothfairy

We flew with our son many times during his first year, and our stroller did eventually get damaged on one of the flights. The fabric had a fairly large tear in it. The airline was really nice about it, and gave us a voucher to be used towards a future flight purchase, as they were not equipped to actually repair the stroller. The lesson we learned, was to fly with a less expensive stroller. Damage is always possible, so it's better to be prepared that it might happen.

Originally posted by toothfairy
We usually just roll our stroller all the way down the jetway to the boarding door and then take our 3 yr old out of it at the door of the plane. When you arrive at your destination, they will have it ready for you as you get off the plane, right at the door of the plane, so you could just put your child right in the stroller and stroll them to get your baggage at baggage claim. It is soooo convenient and there is never a mark on the stroller from being handled roughly.
We don't bother with a stroller carrier because we do not need it when we use it this way.

Good luck!

Toothfairy

Just beware that the stroller could get damaged even the first time it flies. We "gate checked" a stroller with our then 3 yr old using this same method (all the way to the plane door) and when we arrived at MCO the bottom of the cup holder on the built-in tray was busted out. Unfortunately, I headed straight for the rental car while my wife & mother gathered the luggage and I didn't see the damage until we were loading up at passenger pick-up. They didn't want to take the time to go back inside and file a complaint with the airlines...they just chose to complain to me about it the whole trip. :rolleyes:

I personally think that wrapping the stroller in a large plastic bag is a great idea- and one I wish I had used! We flew to MCO from ORF in April, it was raining outside when we departed- and when we got to MCO, the stroller and the car seat were both SOAKED! We checked both at the gate, and apparently the baggage handlers had placed them outside and let them sit there awhile! I had to put my son in a soaking wet car seat when we got to Orlando! I will always wrap them in plastic now.

When we went in Sept. of 2001, my DD and her DH did not want to bring their expensive stroller for fear of damage so two weeks before we left my DD headed out to the garage sales and found a DOUBLE stroller in EXCELLENT condition for $20 !!

We strolled it right up to the gate and when we got off it was sitting there waiting for us.. No damage..

And here's a hint for rainy weather in Disney World.. We found the clear rain ponchos (2 for a buck) that I bought here at home in the Dollar Store prior to the trip worked quite well to keep the rain out.. Buy a package before you leave and see how they work on YOUR stroller!! ;)

Don't know about the airplane checking part, but Babies R Us sells a nice little plastic rain cover for strollers that keeps them nice and dry (and vented!) in the rain. I think it was something like $10. I bought one years ago...never used it, but probably will for this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter