• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very early PS at CRT

sharonk

Mouseketeer
We got an 8:10 PS at the Castle! : ) It's on a Friday and I THINK that will be an early entry day at MK, but even if it is, I'm not sure how we will get through the turnstiles and to the castle by 8:10 if they open the gates at 8:00.

The CM who took my reservation metnioned that she thought they would let us in early if we showed our confirmation #. Is this true? Would they actually let us through before 8:00? If so, how does this work? Is there a special gate, or do we have to politely push by all the people who have been camping out since 6:30 am to get to the front of the line and ask to be let though?

Thanks!

Sharon

Yes, the turnstiles at Epcot have a list of names with PS. I don't know about MK, but MK ALWAYS opens its gates before official opening time, you can walk all the way to the castle, just not into Fantasy Land.

If you are getting there before the gates are open, all the way to the right of the gates is an entrance for character breakfast ps's. They will allow you to get in early. I would definately allow more than 10 min to get to the castle.

the last time I was in MK for early breakfast (Nov 04) the earliest they opened the gate was 8am...but this was not on a early entry day.

2 years ago we had a early ps and they let us in early, but this last Feb., we had a ps at 8:10 for CRT and they did not open the gates early for early ps's. They opened them up right at 8am! It didn't matter to them that there was a ton of people waiting to get in. We made it in time, but it wasn't fun rushing to get there. They weren't letting anyone in early even if they had an early ps.

Yes, there is a special turnstile for early PS people. For us, it was all the way to the left. Either way, you should be able to spot the appropriate entrance. There will be a cast member with a clip board. She will ask for your name and PS #. It's really very cool to get into the MK before the crowds! When we went, there was NO ONE else on Main Street but us. I have some amazing pictures of Main Street in the morning with absolutely no one else there! :love:

We had an 8:05 PS for CRT in February on a non-EMH day. There was an entrance to the right for people who had early PSs. That being said, when asked they said that no one would be allowed in before 8:00 a.m., and then didn't actually let us in until several minutes after 8:00! It was not much fun rushing up Main Street to try not to be too late for our PS. What I realized when I got there, though, was that I was the only person rushing to get there -- we were the absolutely first table seated. Everyone else enjoyed their walk up there at a more leisurely pace, I would guess. Lesson: Don't rush -- if they let you in late, it's their fault, and you should still enjoy the nice walk up Main Street.

Ok, we're hoping to have an early CRT as well this Sept which will also be on a friday and could very well be an EMH day as well. We will also need a double stroller. Will we able to get there early, pay for our stroller, and then go through the early PS entrance? Where exactly do you get the strollers?

We had a PS for CRT on an early entry day. They WERE NOT letting people in before 8:00AM. We had NO PROBLEM walking down main street and checking in at the Castle. We may have been a few minutes late but CRT didn't seem to mind. It is my understanding that if it is a NON early entry day they do let you in early at one of the end turn stiles. I do not know about the strollers. They didn't seem to be open prior to the offical openning time.

Shelly

We had an 8:10 PS for Crystal Palace in the MK last Sept, and they did not let anyone through the gate until 8 am. But, the people at the restaurant knew that, and they knew that it took a few minutes to get there. They aren't going to cancel your PS if you can't get through the gate until 8 am. Our PS was on a non-EE day, but I wouldn't think the EE days would be any different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter