Vero Beach as home resort

GR36

Earning My Ears
Hi. I am new to this. I bought into Vero Beach as my home resort via resale. Will it be an issue to book 7 months out and get a stay at a DVC in Disneyworld? Thanks for your help.

I think that it really matters for the time of the year that you are after and where you want to stay. I would expect that 95% of the time if you call at the 7 month mark, that something in the World would be available.

Exceptions to this if you were targetting holidays like Easter, Christmas, New Years.

You may end up in some of the bigger resorts such as OKW or SSR, but there is nothing wrong with these. I wish I were there now.

There are certain resort rooms that are more difficult to book (AKV Concierge or Value, BLT Standard view, SSR Treehouses, ....) I don't think that you'll have those available very often, but as long as you plan at the 7 month mark and are flexible as to where you stay that there will be a place available.

It won't like be an issue at 7 months unless you are booking for a peak demand period (e.g. Christmas) and / or want a specific location / view (e.g. Boardwalk Studio with Boardwalk view). If you are willing to take most of the studios / one / two bedroom units, then you should be able to book.

The home resort privilege (11 - 7 months booking) allows the more desirable units to go to those who own at those resorts.

Thank you both very much. This is helpful information. We are always very flexible. I also plan way in advance and will know 7 months out when we want to go. I have stayed at OKW and it is beautiful.

Thank you. So it isn't an issue that the DVC is purchased via resale either?? I appreciate your help. I doubt we would go the peak holiday times and we are flexible on views etc...

Thank you. So it isn't an issue that the DVC is purchased via resale either?? I appreciate your help. I doubt we would go the peak holiday times and we are flexible on views etc...

resale is a non-issue (you just can't trade out of DVC resorts for cruises or disney hotels) but be aware that all of the period from thanksgiving to new years is very busy for booking DVC.

i would not recommend buying vero beach if you primarily intend to stay at wdw. 95% of the time you will be able to get something at 7 months out...it's that 5% of the time when you might get locked out that can bite you.

VB also has the highest annual dues so that will chew up a lot of the savings that you'd get by buying offsite. as a coastal resort, VB is also at a higher risk of getting hit with a special assessment (extra dues) IMO. and if any of the DVC resorts were spun off and out of the DVC system, it would be VB.

if you find a great deal for a VB contract and you don't mind the risk, go ahead and buy. but for slightly more money, you can get a contract at SSR or OKW and be able to book onsite at wdw at 10-11 months out...and SSR contracts also have a longer expiration date...til 2054 (some OKW contracts last till 2057.)

resale is a non-issue (you just can't trade out of DVC resorts for cruises or disney hotels) but be aware that all of the period from thanksgiving to new years is very busy for booking DVC.

i would not recommend buying vero beach if you primarily intend to stay at wdw. 95% of the time you will be able to get something at 7 months out...it's that 5% of the time when you might get locked out that can bite you.

VB also has the highest annual dues so that will chew up a lot of the savings that you'd get by buying offsite. as a coastal resort, VB is also at a higher risk of getting hit with a special assessment (extra dues) IMO. and if any of the DVC resorts were spun off and out of the DVC system, it would be VB.

if you find a great deal for a VB contract and you don't mind the risk, go ahead and buy. but for slightly more money, you can get a contract at SSR or OKW and be able to book onsite at wdw at 10-11 months out...and SSR contracts also have a longer expiration date...til 2054 (some OKW contracts last till 2057.)

Pretty sure the OP already bought VB... see bolding below.

Hi. I am new to this. I bought into Vero Beach as my home resort via resale. Will it be an issue to book 7 months out and get a stay at a DVC in Disneyworld? Thanks for your help.

The problem with HH or VB as home resort for WDW is that you lose the 11 month option which might or might not be an issue now but DVC, esp WDW, is getting increasingly difficult to book. IMO, there is a price difference that makes it worth the risk but I haven't seen that price difference in play yet. The dues are also higher, esp for VB, which will erode part of the savings. OTOH, one that wants to stay at HH or VB routinely but also try for WDW part of the time might very well consider a purchase at one of those 2 options.

We have had VB for 7 years and have never had an issue staying at WDW. We do call right when the window opens and there are times we have to be put on a wait list for the resort we want, but we always end up with what we want.

We have had VB for 7 years and have never had an issue staying at WDW. We do call right when the window opens and there are times we have to be put on a wait list for the resort we want, but we always end up with what we want.

we are interested in VB, if you dont mind pls advise the resorts that you've booked within the 7 mos window @ WDW
thank you!

we are interested in VB, if you dont mind pls advise the resorts that you've booked within the 7 mos window @ WDW
thank you!

Wilderness lodge
Boardwalk
Beach Club
Old key West
Animal Kingfom (Jumbo)
Saratoga

In some cases we had to wait list but never had an issue getting a room.

thank you!

Any stays of a week or more at BCV or BWV from Oct 1 thru mid-Jan can be hard to get at seven months out. BLT can also be hard to get at seven months out - lake view might be possible, but not standard or Themepark view. OKW, SSR and AKV should be available. VWL is harder to get the closer you get to the holiday season.

Here is the bottom line. If you don't care where you stay buy anywhere.

New owners are being added every day. So far this year alone Disney has sold over 15,000 contracts and many of the 450,000 members are looking to make reservations at 7 months. Most will get the reservation they want but many won't and IMO spending this kind of money hoping to get a reservation doesn't make sense.

Yes you can try to waitlist but I like to know where and when I'm going on vacation.

:earsboy: Bill

I purchased a Vero Beach resale contract a number of years ago, but it was to supplement my other contracts which are all at WDW resorts.

Personally, I would not purchase a single contract at VB and expect to only stay at WDW. It may work fine now, but things can always change down the road..

I purchased a Vero Beach resale contract a number of years ago, but it was to supplement my other contracts which are all at WDW resorts.

Personally, I would not purchase a single contract at VB and expect to only stay at WDW. It may work fine now, but things can always change down the road..

we are now leaning to buy resale for BLT or VWL then will add smaller contract later with VB

thanks everyone for ur input :)

we are now leaning to buy resale for BLT or VWL then will add smaller contract later with VB

thanks everyone for ur input :)
If you're planning on buying at VB anyway, it MIGHT be reasonable to look for a really good contract there. Ultimately it depends on how often you'd go, how many points you're looking at and what the % of points you'd use at VB over the years. In general I'd say either buy there or not unless you're looking at larger contracts. For example, it doesn't make sense for most situations to buy 150 points at WDW and then later say 50 pts at VB. For every few years it's likely best to buy WDW and try for VB periodically than the reverse. The exceptions are for the highest demand times and for routine use of the 3 BR beach houses.

Personally, I LOVE Vero Beach and would buy there if I lived closer. We found the resort to be absolutely wonderful and I'd go back again and again.

As for booking at the 7 month window, I knock on wood when I say this, but if you are online and booking the moment you can, you can USUALLY get what you need, whether it be WDW, VB, DL or HHI. We own 100% at BLT, but now have been able to book at the 7 month window at Aulani, Villas at Grand Californian, and BCV. I've been able to book at UNDER the 7 month mark at Saratoga Springs and Villas at Wilderness Lodge. It all depends upon where and when you want to go. Much to my surprise, the fall/holidays is tougher booking at WDW. Not impossible, but tougher. Lucky for us, my husband is a teacher and we are stuck to busy travel times (summer). All I can say is that DVC is a great purchase for PLANNERS. I am an obsessive planner, so I know to wake up early at the 7 month window and try to book. It works for us. I don't think it matters what your home resort is. It is when you book that is the key.

Be happy to own at VB! It is my kids favorite resort and they've been to a handful at WDW! Just try to book on your 7 month date. That will be the trick to you getting your WDW room. Good luck!

Don't be stressed about going on a waitlist also, I was waitlisted at 5 months out and got a room for my family during Marathon weekend. Saratoga, Old Keywest are big resorts.

I own at VB, we use those points for the 11 month window for the 3br Beach Cottages.

Personally I get a little sick when I get my MF bill every year and look at the VB line. The MF's are much more reasonable at SSR. So the SSR points are used for WDW and we just got back from a stay in a 2br at VGC(no problem booking at 7 month window).

I own at VB, we use those points for the 11 month window for the 3br Beach Cottages.

Personally I get a little sick when I get my MF bill every year and look at the VB line. The MF's are much more reasonable at SSR. So the SSR points are used for WDW and we just got back from a stay in a 2br at VGC(no problem booking at 7 month window).

As much as I would love to add on to have the booking advantage for the cottages I can't get over the MF at VB. And knowing they will continue to increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter