VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

First time going to Vero! We are excited and booked 4 nights in an OVIR after our stay at the BCV's. Looking forward to relaxing after the craziness of the parks. We will be there 8/6-10. Can't wait!
You have been added to roll call, enjoy your first stay

Thanks so much. After looking at the websites I think it must have been Countryside.

Has anyone been to either location? Would you suggest taking a short side trip there. AKA is it worth the time to visit?

it almost sounds like someone is walking a reservation. They might not have all of the cottages in inventory due to the renovation schedule. It might be worth waitlisting as they might get the units back in to inventory as the renovations allow

I thought that as well, but would have expected it to not show availability at 7:59am. I thought if you walked a reservation, you needed to call before the unit would become available at 11/7 months, maybe the day before.

Anyway, we did get a GV at OKW for 8/21 for three nights, and yesterday we did get a Beach cottage for 8/23 for 2 nights. Also waitlisted a Beach Cottage for the nights of 8/21 & 8/22. A lot of points tied up in these reservations.

Hope you are right about the possible renovations. Are there published dates for the cottage reno's ?

mac_tlc

We are have decided to book our first Vero trip. June 9th-11th. Super excited to try it out. I have a ton of questions so I hope you guys will be able to help :)

Last edited:

Thanks so much. After looking at the websites I think it must have been Countryside.

Has anyone been to either location? Would you suggest taking a short side trip there. AKA is it worth the time to visit?
We have been to both and would go back to both, but they look nothing like the citrus groves that you see on Soarin

We are have decided to book our first Vero trip. June 9th and 10th, might add 1 more day but not sure. Super excited to try it out. I have a ton of questions so I hope you guys will be able to help :)
You have been added to roll call, enjoy your first stay and please ask as many questions as you can

Okay so we decided to book the Inn standard view. We wanted Ocean, but with those bugs in season I we thought we would not get much out of our balcony. Questions:
1 Do our Magic Bands work there?
2. I did see that we can buy a refillable mug there and then use it when we go over to Disney correct?
3. Is there a place where I can see the menu for the Saturday morning Goofy breakfast?
4. Not really looking for Characters, but is the Breakfast the only place to see any? Any other special things they do?

Okay I think that is all for now. First time staying here so we are super excited to learn everything we can.

1 Do our Magic Bands work there?

No Magic Bands at VBR as far as I'm aware, just old-fashioned keycards.

2. I did see that we can buy a refillable mug there and then use it when we go over to Disney correct?

Yep, it's the exact same cup as the ones you'd buy at the WDW resorts. When we visited for a few hours last year we used cups purchased from Grand Floridian.

4. Not really looking for Characters, but is the Breakfast the only place to see any? Any other special things they do?

I'm pretty sure I saw on an activity program that had been posted online that there are usually character greetings in the afternoons. Would also like some clarification from someone that may know more.

Planning a trip in October 2018. We would like to stay in a 1 bedroom. Is there a preferred area to request? Are there any dedicated 1 bedrooms? And lastly, is the resort refurb due to end in 2017? Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure I saw on an activity program that had been posted online that there are usually character greetings in the afternoons. Would also like some clarification from someone that may know more.
We were are Vero Beach in October for a few days and Pirate Goofy and Donald were meeting guests in the lobby around 5:00 PM each day. The front desk will let you know what times they are having their meet & greets.

Planning a trip in October 2018. We would like to stay in a 1 bedroom. Is there a preferred area to request? Are there any dedicated 1 bedrooms? And lastly, is the resort refurb due to end in 2017? Thanks!!
There are no dedicated one bedroom villas at Vero Beach.

When we were at VB in October, the Inn rooms and Building 15 (which has dedicated and lock-off two-bedroom villas) had been refurbished. The Cast Members said that after Thanksgiving they would begin refurbishment of Buildings 12 and 14. Then, they would start on the Beach Cottages after the first of the year (2017). Assuming Disney sticks to that schedule, I would think all the VB rooms will be refurbished by mid-2017. Hopefully, others who have stayed at VB more recently can give you a better estimate of VB's refurb schedule.

Having only stayed one time, I can't offer an opinion of preferred locations. We were in Building 15 on the ground floor and faced the ocean. However, we couldn't see the ocean due to the landscaping and a nearby Beach Cottage blocking our view. But we could hear the waves so it was quite relaxing when we sat on our balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter