Verizon in the parks?

tarheelalum

DIS Veteran
I have T Mobile and it stinks in the parks even when I have a strong signal. On a recent thread, other people complained about AT&T and Sprint both stinking as well in the parks. So how about you Verizon customers? Is your service crappy as well or is it pretty good? I ask because it looks like I'm going to be leaving T Mobile soon and getting a Verizon corporate account and I like to know if it will work at the happiest place on earth.

I have Verizon and had no issues with service in the parks during our last trip

if u want the best service for Disneyland, go with ATT. I think for Verizon, it varies on how many ppl are using the towers. My friend said its slower than ATT though but overall its good.

Verizon and AT&T are both hit and miss. It depends how many people are in the parks and where you are, as there are dead spots. Sometimes I restart my phone and it gets a lot better or a lot worse.

I've had no issue with Verizon when I'm in the parks, but I'm not a person that's engrossed in their phone, either.

A lot I know. I have T-Mobile and didn't even realize it was bad. :lmao:

I know people with all of the carriers and it really just depends on how busy of a day it is, if it is very busy, NONE of them work well. For example live streaming during MSEP is almost impossible.

I've never had a problem with Verizon, either phone or internet connectivity. But I'm not one to be glued to my screen or constantly texting or calling.

The best thing about Virgin Mobile is they selling new I*Phone SEs for $180 and only charging $30 a month for unlimited talk, texting, and data.

I kept my previous phone much longer than Verizon would have liked, and it would send SMS texts even with the data off. So I would have tweets hang for an hour on busy days but otherwise could get texts. Now with MMS I have almost the opposite problem in the parks. If an app is updating and not timing out, it's fine, but I do get delayed texts. Partly because I'm moving in an out of dead zones, but when I'm looking at the phone I see it at 1-2 out of 5 bars a lot. The DL app is a whole other story. Sometimes when it doesn't load I can tell it's Disney, because I have the issue over WiFi. For what it's worth, the previous app was sponsored by Verizon, but the current says AT&T is the "wireless sponsor."

We have Verizon and have never had a problem. Ever.
If we plan to be there morning til night--I have a battery boost. I never want to run out of juice before a parade!

I changed from Sprint to Verizion and Sprint was terrible in the parks and Verizion is so much better imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!