Verandah on the Fantasy

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
On the Fantasy what separates your verandah from your neighbors? And what is the "extended verandah-some with white wall" mean that I see on the deluxe oceanview with verandah guaranteed stateroom? Is it bigger but might not have a wall separator?

On the Fantasy what separates your verandah from your neighbors? And what is the "extended verandah-some with white wall" mean that I see on the deluxe oceanview with verandah guaranteed stateroom? Is it bigger but might not have a wall separator?

Your verandah is separated from your neighbors by a solid-white wall with a hinge running down the middle. If you have adjoining staterooms with other members of your party, your stateroom attendant can unlock the wall and fold it back along the hinge, basically cutting its width in half, giving you room to see and walk to the adjacent verandah.

"White-wall" refers to the railings. Normally, the railings are covered in clear plexiglass to prevent kids from crawling through and falling. Some verandahs have opaque white walls instead of plexiglass.

Extended verandahs are usually found at the front or back of the ship, or at other locations involving an odd angle or contour. These are often used for handicapped-accessible rooms where a wheelchair or ECV might need more room to navigate the verandah. Just like it sounds, it's bigger than a normal verandah.

I am not aware of any verandah on any ship that doesn't have a wall or wall separator to give you privacy from a neighbor.

Some cabins have this skin on the balcony. These cabins are on the side of the vessel. Most don't have this skin tough.

inside2.jpg

This is the more typical veranda partition. Separating the most common balconies.

dream_1_38.jpg

Notice the hinged partition closest to the rail?
That can open. To adjoin two balconies, opening it up a bit. Allowing a connection.
307641440168487.jpg

Here is a great pic of the possible veranda connections. This is at least three verandas connected with the balcony doors open. 2 doors folded back.
It also show the limited door connections. It's not a full connection.
But it works, and is better than nothing.
This is as wide as it gets with connecting verandas.

Girls%20Cruise%201%20959-L.jpg

Last edited:
Now there is the cat 4e's. On the Dream Class; They all vary. Here is a few pics to lure you.
This is 5052, 5150,(avoid due to proximity to kids club and Pepe's door) 5650, 5552HA.

5052;
758661427756335.JPG

5052;
8169544641_0f46f49e0d_c.jpg

5650;
8169572194_03ce701e49_c.jpg

5650;

Looking out from deck 10, with a pretty large overhang.

Some pax like this overhang, some don't. It does offer shade and protection from any weather.
That sounds like two or three pluses fro the shade.
If you like sun, don't book deck 10 or deck 9 of Dream Class.

It gets larger under the aft and fore bumps. ......

This overhang becomes larger fore and aft under said deck 11 bumpouts/overhangs.

A visual off the deck 10 veranda. Not under the aft or fore bumpouts.
You can also see the veranda door opening here. You can visualize the actual opening.
The normal veranda door conection is just a small door. In fact it is quite small.

Most don't realize this IMO, prior to sail.

img_0092.jpg

Last edited:
OK, ... Whitewall Dream Class veranda;

A small solid wall, below the railing, knee high, on the aft of the vessel on most decks, even wrapping around the sides of the vessel. That somewhat reduces your view. Although makes a great foot rest in some cabins.

IMG_2850.jpg

VanessaandChrisWeddingCruise9-29-201110-37-59AM.jpg

IMG_2355_zpse6e86e7b.jpg

DSCN1403.jpg

a4b28ebc0b98f778247fd69250913026.jpg

5386900182_607f6a51e616.jpg

Disney-Dream-9174-Aft-Verandah.jpg

DisneyDreamDailyspa-1_zps0880f6b6.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

See how the knee wall wraps around the aft of the vessel. That is your described, ... "white wall."
All those balconies that have that aft wall are "whitewalls."
Here we find the cat 6A & B's, on the sides of the vessel. The direct aft cabins are cat 5e's. And even some aft placed cat 7's on decks 5 - 9 on the sides of the vessel.
These aft cat 7's cabins are often the most affordable balconies aboard.
Cat 7's are the ones with curved structure forward, with a slightly varying balcony obstruction.

They also have some cat 7's on the sides of the vessel fore and aft too.

Last edited:
Now there is the cat 4e's. On the Dream Class; They all vary. Here is a few pics to lure you.
This is 5052, 5150,(avoid due to proximity to kids club and Pepe's door) 5650, 5552HA.

5052;
758661427756335.JPG

5052;

5650;
8169572194_03ce701e49_c.jpg

5650;

this is super helpful! How can these verandahs look absolutely nothing like this on the deck plans though. The space has to come out of somewhere?

We had 5650 on the Fantasy last month and LOVED it! Felt spoilt by all the deck space lol Eventhough people above could look down on most of our balcony, it didn't bother us in the least. I would book that room again in a heartbeat!

I didn't realize the size different of the verandahs...will have to look more into that when I book my next room!

Do all 4e staterooms have the larger verandah?

All cat 4e's do have larger than average verandas.
See links above in this thread.

But note only 4 have those super large verandas. And one of those is HC, so....

Super Large cat 4e Verandas Dream/Fantasy;

HC ; 5552; for disabled pax ( My 3rd choice)
..... 5052; Ideal IMO (my 1st choice)
..... 5150; Pepe's door/by kids club/possible heavy traffic/avoid if possible IMO (I would never book)
..... 5650; at dead end hall; most love/some dislike. (My 2nd choice)

I would also avoid the two most forward cat 4e's too, if possible.
5026 and 5526.
As you walk out half way of the curved rail on those balconies you can see forward into the adjoining recessed cat 7a's.
You will definitely make friends in 5026/5024. 5526/5524. Or enemies.

Remember these are JMTs

Other pax have different perspectives.

HTH

All cat 4e's do have larger than average verandas.
See links above in this thread.

But note only 4 have those super large verandas. And one of those is HC, so....

Super Large cat 4e Verandas Dream/Fantasy;

HC ; 5552; for disabled pax ( My 3rd choice)
..... 5052; Ideal IMO (my 1st choice)
..... 5150; Pepe's door/by kids club/possible heavy traffic/avoid if possible IMO (I would never book)
..... 5650; at dead end hall; most love/some dislike. (My 2nd choice)

I would also avoid the two most forward cat 4e's too, if possible.
5026 and 5526.
As you walk out half way of the curved rail on those balconies you can see forward into the adjoining recessed cat 7a's.
You will definitely make friends in 5026/5024. 5526/5524. Or enemies.

Remember these are JMTs

Other pax have different perspectives.

HTH

Thanks for that info. We booked 5650 after reading mostly good reviews. First cruise so I'll have nothing to compare it to... I'm sure we'll love it just because we're there.

Thanks for that info. We booked 5650 after reading mostly good reviews. First cruise so I'll have nothing to compare it to... I'm sure we'll love it just because we're there.

We have 5650, 5652, and 5654 booked for our June cruise! This will be our 3rd cruise and the first time that we are not in an inside room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter