Verandah covered in 11002?

sabnrob06

Mouseketeer
Hello!
We wil be sailing on the Dream on December 5th and have booked a Concierge stateroom and were given 11002. I thought I read somewhere that the verandas on deck 11 are mostly covered by glass only giving you small open oceanview. Can anyone confirm this? I'm thinking about asking our TA to move us to deck 12 if possible. Thanks!

Hello!
We wil be sailing on the Dream on December 5th and have booked a Concierge stateroom and were given 11002. I thought I read somewhere that the verandas on deck 11 are mostly covered by glass only giving you small open oceanview. Can anyone confirm this? I'm thinking about asking our TA to move us to deck 12 if possible. Thanks!

We stayed in 11010 last October & really liked it. The standard decks on 11 are a little deeper than on 12. There is a glass overhang running across the top, but it by no means gives you a "small open ocean view". We kind of liked it especially when it was raining. We also liked deck 11 for it's close proximity to the spa/rainforest, also on deck 11. On the other hand we also like deck 12 for it's proximity to the Concierge lounge. Also thought deck 11 was a little quieter (completely subjective) than 12. Either deck is great, I don't think you could go wrong, no matter which deck you get. :thumbsup2

We stayed in 11010 last October & really liked it. The standard decks on 11 are a little deeper than on 12. There is a glass overhang running across the top, but it by no means gives you a "small open ocean view". We kind of liked it especially when it was raining. We also liked deck 11 for it's close proximity to the spa/rainforest, also on deck 11. On the other hand we also like deck 12 for it's proximity to the Concierge lounge. Also thought deck 11 was a little quieter (completely subjective) than 12. Either deck is great, I don't think you could go wrong, no matter which deck you get. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! Maybe we'll just stay put.

We first booked an enclosed verandah but changed our minds after a poster said if someone is a smoker you can really smell the smoke. Now dcl has banned smoking on verandas 11-15 but a concern also is the noise. It can be very loud. We ended up with an private one which worked out perfectly.

In this room and it was amazing the veranda is so huge there's plenty of opening to see out and just in case it rains it's covered it has so much room for the kids they loved hanging out on the veranda.

I've booked this exact same room in the fantasy from a cruise next April
There's really no hallway traffic and it's very easy out the door and up the stairs to the concierge lounge and then also very easy out the door to deck 11 for everything you want the pool and so much more
I feel the I feel the pictures a little misleading it really isn't as claustrophobic as it appears that all any extra large deck is a big big perk

In this room and it was amazing the veranda is so huge there's plenty of opening to see out and just in case it rains it's covered it has so much room for the kids they loved hanging out on the veranda. I've booked this exact same room in the fantasy from a cruise next April There's really no hallway traffic and it's very easy out the door and up the stairs to the concierge lounge and then also very easy out the door to deck 11 for everything you want the pool and so much more I feel the I feel the pictures a little misleading it really isn't as claustrophobic as it appears that all any extra large deck is a big big perk
This is a great room. Wehadit last year. Very quiet.

Just curious, does anyone know WHY the deck 11 balconies are enclosed? There must be some sort of reason.

Stayed in 11002, and hated it. One reason was because of the enclosed balcony.

Does anyone have a pic of one of these staterooms (deck 11 with enclosed balcony) from the balcony or room looking toward the ocean? from the pic posted above, looking at the ship from the outside it looks pretty enclosed, but i was wondering if it seemed more open once you're actually in the room or on your balcony.

We have a deck 12 CL room on our upcoming dream cruise in a couple of weeks, but are thinking of booking another while onboard, and the only CL rooms left for that cruise are on 11.

Does anyone have a pic of one of these staterooms (deck 11 with enclosed balcony) from the balcony or room looking toward the ocean? from the pic posted above, looking at the ship from the outside it looks pretty enclosed, but i was wondering if it seemed more open once you're actually in the room or on your balcony. We have a deck 12 CL room on our upcoming dream cruise in a couple of weeks, but are thinking of booking another while onboard, and the only CL rooms left for that cruise are on 11.
110004_zpsc6dbd0f7.jpg
[/URL] here is the view from just outside the room door... 11004. Picture is a little dark there was an overcast in port canaveral.. I was very apprehensive about it but I really enjoyed the veranda. Not too hot as I had previously heard, was perfect during the late night rain shower, we still got plenty of light, never noticed any excessive noise out there, did not take away from the view and we still got a nice breeze. There was literally no hallway noise. One night there was a kid played "ding dong ditch" but we were so far down the hallway they did not bother with ours. We have 11010 in 5 weeks and I would definitely book 11 again.

here is the view from just outside the room door... 11004. Picture is a little dark there was an overcast in port canaveral.. I was very apprehensive about it but I really enjoyed the veranda. Not too hot as I had previously heard, was perfect during the late night rain shower, we still got plenty of light, never noticed any excessive noise out there, did not take away from the view and we still got a nice breeze. There was literally no hallway noise. One night there was a kid played "ding dong ditch" but we were so far down the hallway they did not bother with ours. We have 11010 in 5 weeks and I would definitely book 11 again.

Thanks to both of you! Of course, after I posted on here yesterday I checked our potential second cruise again and now there are CL rooms available on 11 and 12, but they are all 1-bedrooms, which is way larger than we need for just me and DH, and way more $$$. :crazy2: Oh well, we'll see if some magic happens onboard. ;) I do love the look of the extra-deep balcony, but I'm still not sure about the overhead coverage - I actually like a lot of wind/breeze, so I'm glad to hear there was still a breeze on 11. Things to think about. :) We're on 12008 in a couple of weeks, so hopefully any ding dong ditch kids won't make it that far, either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter