Veranda Dividers ?

KidsRN

Earning My Ears
Will the dividers on Dream verandas open to expand the balcony on connecting rooms or non-connecting rooms that are side-by-side?

Will the dividers on Dream verandas open to expand the balcony on connecting rooms or non-connecting rooms that are side-by-side?

It has been stated by DCL that the verandah dividers can be opened if you have friends or family in the next cabin... they will open and have one large verandah for the two cabins.

MJ

I had a very similar question and found this thread via the search function.

I was wondering if anybody knew if all verandah dividers can open? For instance, do verandah dividers open even between non-connecting rooms?

My family is booked in two separate rooms next to each other (9552 and 9550). However, they are not technically connecting rooms (each room is technically connected to another room beside them....they didn't have any connecting rooms available when we booked).

We would love to open up the balcony between the two rooms if possible. Speaking of which, how to the verandah doors open? I imagine both rooms must have a latch, similar to the indoor connecting doorway.

Thanks in advance for any insight and help.

The portion of the divider closest to the railing, folds back, flush against the portion nearest the stateroom doors. So, there is still a portion of the divider between two rooms. At least, that's what the pictures are showing.

So it sounds like the verandahs connect regardless of whether the rooms actually connect, can anyone confirm this from recent experience? We have 3 rooms in a row on the Dream next January, and obviously only two are "connecting". We would love for the third family to still have this connection.

We were on Dream two weeks ago in a verandah cabin. My curious DH did some investigating, and decided that both divider panels were exactly the same. Since our room only connected on one side, it appears that all of the verandahs can be connected, regardless of whether the rooms are connected or not. Neither one of us thought to see what was required to open them since we weren't planning on opening them!

Beth

Does anyone have any pics to share of the dividers being open on the Dream?

We were in a verandah rooma nd yes, the verandah dividers can open on both sides all the way down the ship for the most aprt. Deck 5 verandahs have breaks along the length of the ship but the rest seem to connect the whole way.

As for the tool, it looked like a hex tool of some kind that maintenance or room attendants must have. There's a lever you just slide over and then the wall folds in on itself and you get a space that is half as wide as your verandah to walk back and forth in. It's not big enough to fit chairs in the opening and relax, unless you wanted to be a part of both sides (head in one, feet in another).

We didn't take pics, so I'm sorry I'm not able to upload any here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter