• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vera Bradley Bags.. what do all the teenagers want?

Microcell

DIS Veteran
My good girl didn't tell me that these are apparently all the rage right now because she knows they are expensive! I want to surprise her with one, so what kind are all the kids in middle school wanting?

I can't answer for teenage girls, but Vera is having a sale on the Betsy and Little Betsy today. $29 and $19 :thumbsup2

I have a niece is sixth grade and a daughter that is a freshman in high school, both like the hipster styles. Similar styles may also be called crossbody.

LOL I was hoping it was the Betsy.. that seems like a great price! Keep suggestions coming!

I would think a teenager would like the Mini Hispter or the other small rounded cross body(forget the name right now). I, personally, would never get a teenager a Besty or small Besty. I feel that is a style for an older woman. I also think teenagers would like a wristlet. It can hold, make up, money, cell phones and incidentials.

My dd is 13. She'd like the backpack- a lot of girls at her school have them. She also likes the mini hipster, hipster, and the wristlet. She would never like the Betsy- more for a Mom she'd say.

ok.. I can see that.. lol, no Betsy.. I failed to mention it, but she is 13 and will be 14 in about 4 months, so it is nice to have a 13 year old perspective!

Urgh and there are tons of colors to choose from. Yeesh! She likes purple so will try to stick with that.

I would go with a wristlet. Vera can go out of style with the teens (It has come and gone here ages ago) so if you have something small.. it's no big dea.

Does she bring her lunch to school?

As a substitute teacher I see tons of Vera lunch totes.

Other middle schoolers use the large totes instead of backpacks.

Is there any way you could stop by the school and see what the other girls are carrying....totes, purses, hipsters?
Or maybe email the teacher to find out what exact is cool.

I think that what is popular in one area is not neccessarily popular in other areas of the country.

You are so thoughtful and I bet she will be overjoyed!!!

I have 2 teenage girls...13 and 17. :goodvibes They have TONS of these bags in all different styles and patterns. Most used are the mini hipster, regular hipster, wristlet, mini and regular backpack and a large tote bag.

The bookbags and wristlets are really popular with teens. I know that at that age, we also had the zip ID case and we kept our school ids in them. I still use the same zip id case I got my freshman year of highschool in college for my school id, lol.

My 12yo DD is in 7th grade. Drop off in the morning is like a Vera Bradley commercial. At least 90% of the girls have the big tote bag and matching lunch bag.

Mine has the hipster, mini hipster, zip id case, wristlet, and the large tote. She uses the large tote as a school bag. She also has a lunch bag and luggage - I guess she really does like Vera Bradley!:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the replies! Got her the hipster, and if she seems to like that then maybe the bag and wristlet another time!

It's funny they're so popular elsewhere. Here, a few girls have then in the HS, but not many. This is a public school is a good community, and have gone with other trends in the past, but seemingly not Vera Bradley.:confused3
My DDs say they wouldn't be caught dead with "those granny quilt bags" lol. Then again, they both also never got into Uggs or North Face. Oldest DD had Toms shoes a few years ago, and now that they're "in fashion" doesn't wear them. She's an art student, her purse/carryall is made from old billboards and seatbelts.
Other DD uses a LeSportsac Tokidoki bag that was older sister's (who saved over a year for it) a few years ago or a Lucky bag.

It's funny they're so popular elsewhere. Here, a few girls have then in the HS, but not many. This is a public school is a good community, and have gone with other trends in the past, but seemingly not Vera Bradley.:confused3
My DDs say they wouldn't be caught dead with "those granny quilt bags" lol. Then again, they both also never got into Uggs or North Face. Oldest DD had Toms shoes a few years ago, and now that they're "in fashion" doesn't wear them. She's an art student, her purse/carryall is made from old billboards and seatbelts.
Other DD uses a LeSportsac Tokidoki bag that was older sister's (who saved over a year for it) a few years ago or a Lucky bag.

They are not popular here, either. I showed them to DD (15) once when we were out shopping because I'd heard of them many times on the Dis Boards. DD looked at me like I lost my mind (when I showed her a bag) and said she would not be caught dead carrying one of those. She wondered why they were so popular in other places and came to the conclusion that they were so hideous that it started a craze and people convinced themselves that they actually liked them.

Please don't take offense to those who like these. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Here they would be definitely known as old lady handbags! :rotfl2: Guess that just about fits me! :rotfl:

Another great item currently on sale is the bookbag (medium sized backpack). Reg price is $92 on sale for $39.99
(edited to add...don't forget ebates!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter