Venue Fee & Officiant Recommendation

HMarisa

Earning My Ears
Hey, I wanted to see if anyone had a rec for a good officiant to perform a non-religious ceremony? Also, does anyone know if there is a venue fee for receptions at resorts? I received the brochure with menues and cost estimates. I didn’t see mention of any venue costs other than for inside the park.

Thanks!

lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
Here's my episode full of tips on choosing an officiant: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/how-to-choose-an-officiant/

And here's my interview with non-denominational officiant Renee Silverman: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/vendor-spotlight-officiant-renee-silverman/

Convention-center resort locations don't have venue fees, but some of the special venues at the resorts, like Atlantic Dance Hall, do. If you have my Fairytale Weddings Guide, I list all the venue fees and food and beverage minimums for each location in Chapters 2, 3 and 5. You can see photos of all the venues here: https://fairytaleweddingsguide.com/wdw-venues/

tinkerbell1991

DIS Veteran
Can I ask, do you still need an officiant if it's just for a vow renewal?
Don't really know how it all works if there is nothing legal involved wedding certificate wise - sorry

• lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
    For a vow renewal you can have pretty much anyone officiate because, yeah, it's not legal and nobody has to sign a license or anything. However, a professional officiant will be able to run the ceremony smoothly and know the order of service, so that's something to consider.

tinkerbell1991

DIS Veteran
    For a vow renewal you can have pretty much anyone officiate because, yeah, it's not legal and nobody has to sign a license or anything. However, a professional officiant will be able to run the ceremony smoothly and know the order of service, so that's something to consider.
    Thank you

HMarisa

Earning My Ears
    Can I ask, do you still need an officiant if it's just for a vow renewal?
    Don't really know how it all works if there is nothing legal involved wedding certificate wise - sorry
    We’re already married. We just didn’t have a wedding, but we’ve decided to have an experienced officiant to keep everything running as smoothly as possible.

HMarisa

Earning My Ears
    Here's my episode full of tips on choosing

And here's my interview with non-denominational officiant

Convention-center resort locations don't have venue fees, but some of the special venues at the resorts, like Atlantic Dance Hall, do. If you have my Fairytale Weddings Guide, I list all the venue fees and food and beverage minimums for each location in Chapters 2, 3 and 5. You can see photos of all the
    Thank you!!

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News