Velocicoaster WAY better than Hagrids!!

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Just back from vacation, and probably in the minority---but Velocicoaster is a WAY better roller-coaster than Hagrids! We followed advice on here, and were able to ride both in the early-entry with minimal wait. Hagrids was a great ride, but VC was unbelievable. I grew up going to Cedar Point, and VC is absolutely in line with a ride you find there.

Thrill wise, yeah Velocicoaster is better but they're both the same to me in terms of enjoyment level. Velocicoaster is probably the best coaster I've ever been on and Hagrid's is just pure joy. The motorbike seat is awesome and I couldn't stop smiling the entire time. I hate to admit it but I enjoyed those two rides more than anything at WDW during my May trip.

It depends what you want.
If you are looking at a pure rollercoaster with little special effects, Velocicoaster is the clear winner.
If you enjoy the theme and special effect for a roller coaster, few do it better than Hagrids.
I like pure coasters better, so Velocicoaster is my favorite. However, our last trip, I rode both an equal number of times.

Agree that they are very different rides but don't feel that Hagrid's was the much more immersive. If you take off the onboard audio from Hagrid then it's about the same. Loved the raptors in the queue as well. Hagrid's is a lot of fun with the open bike seat and having the surprises along the route as well. If I had to pick one though it would be Velocicoaster without question. For my DH and I it is one of our favorite rides anywhere.

As others have said, both are great, I lean slightly towards Velocicoaster but riding Hagrid's in a light rain on a cold (by Florida standards) night at the Meetup a few years ago was an experience I'll not forget. Can't go wrong with either but the Harry Potter theme probably makes Hagrid more must-do for some.

We all prefer VC over Hagrids, even the super HP fans in the family. Hubby and daughter didn't even ride Hagrid's the last trip. I enjoyed Hagrids more on the second ride in the sidecar. Haven't seen the preshow yet, so may that'll add something to it. We all liked it, but family would choose VC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter