Velocicoaster Ruins the Ambience of the Outdoor Dining Area of the Three Broomsticks

I would agree that Universal is a completely different animal to Disney, in just about every way possible. That said, it needs to be, people have choices and that's always a good thing. Our last Holiday we spent 2 weeks at Universal and just popped over to Disney to visit each park. Next time we're doing it the other way around.

Universal suits us better generally, more thrill rides and that's much more our thing. With Disney you just get immersed in everything mouse, but there's no edge to it (not a negative thing).

Great parks, great choices but give me noise, screams and coasters at Universal than Pram rage and huge long lines at Magic Kingdom.

I would agree that Universal is a completely different animal to Disney, in just about every way possible. That said, it needs to be, people have choices and that's always a good thing. Our last Holiday we spent 2 weeks at Universal and just popped over to Disney to visit each park. Next time we're doing it the other way around.

Universal suits us better generally, more thrill rides and that's much more our thing. With Disney you just get immersed in everything mouse, but there's no edge to it (not a negative thing).

Great parks, great choices but give me noise, screams and coasters at Universal than Pram rage and huge long lines at Magic Kingdom.
Are you from the UK?

Maybe I’m in the minority, I’ve eaten outside there once way before Velocicoaster began construction and I didn’t enjoy it. There were flying bugs, it was annoying. We eat there indoors and it’s just fine. We ate there again tonight. I don’t like the short chairs, but everything else was great.

When Hogsmeade was built, I saw some say they were upset that you could see Hogwarts Castle from some areas within Jurassic Park saying it ruined the immersion. After Galaxy's Edge was finished, I saw some who said they were upset that you could see a sliver of the top of Slinky Dog from certain spots within GE saying it ruined the immersion. When Velocicoaster plans were put out I saw some say they were upset that it "ruined" the pristine view of the Discovery Center from across the lagoon with a coaster around it.

At the end of the day no matter what the parks do there will always be some people upset in one way or another. But we're continuing to get new and better attractions constantly being added so I'll take the very minor gripes being raised in exchange for the world class attractions being added.

Actually few people know who Bluto is compared to Harry Potter.
it's not even close.

I think @Pooh's World has a point with this comment. If you asked random people between the ages of 10-50 people on the street who Bluto was without a picture, you would probably get some version of Belushi's character in Animal House from people over 30, and a few of the 50 year olds might remember the Popeye cartoon. If you showed people a picture, I doubt most people under 30 would recognize the character. They would have had to be serious Cartoon Network viewers to have seen it.

Even though Bluto has been around longer, right now, Harry Potter is far more popular and recognizable.

I think @Pooh's World has a point with this comment. If you asked random people between the ages of 10-50 people on the street who Bluto was without a picture, you would probably get some version of Belushi's character in Animal House from people over 30, and a few of the 50 year olds might remember the Popeye cartoon. If you showed people a picture, I doubt most people under 30 would recognize the character. They would have had to be serious Cartoon Network viewers to have seen it.

Even though Bluto has been around longer, right now, Harry Potter is far more popular and recognizable.
I will be the first to admit that if you asked me about Bluto, I would have had a hard time describing him. However, since the name of the ride is "Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges", you have to include Popeye in the discussion. I would assume that a lot of people know who Popeye is even if they don't know Bluto.

I will be the first to admit that if you asked me about Bluto, I would have had a hard time describing him. However, since the name of the ride is "Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges", you have to include Popeye in the discussion. I would assume that a lot of people know who Popeye is even if they don't know Bluto.
I think even Popeye is not as well known as Harry Potter. I don't think it's even close.

That is being nippicky and is a silly discussion. The solution isn't to rip out their only raft ride because you think Popeye isn't as widely loved as HP. And to put VC over there, they would have had to close down and rip out the raft ride

i can't believe disney took away my relaxation spot in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom to add in Tron. once Tron opens, now i won't be able to sit and enjoy my cup o' joe without hearing the screams from Tron :/ i guess i will just have to find another place! but how dare the Tron team not consult with the Space Mountain team and work together to preserve MY 'quiet' spot. ESPECIALLY next to such a well known classic like Space Mountain!

That is being nippicky and is a silly discussion. The solution isn't to rip out their only raft ride because you think Popeye isn't as widely loved as HP. And to put VC over there, they would have had to close down and rip out the raft ride
That's a little hyperbole.

Bluto's is actually one of my favorite rides, but putting a screaming, noisy coaster over there would have little impact since Bluto's is a noisy, screaming ride anyway and the white water rapids would cancel out the noise as well.

Also the Pterandon Flyers areas would also have been open for VElocicoaoster. It easily could have been built on that side.

i can't believe disney took away my relaxation spot in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom to add in Tron. once Tron opens, now i won't be able to sit and enjoy my cup o' joe without hearing the screams from Tron :/ i guess i will just have to find another place! but how dare the Tron team not consult with the Space Mountain team and work together to preserve MY 'quiet' spot. ESPECIALLY next to such a well known classic like Space Mountain!
The difference is Disney actually has quite places all over their parks.

Universal doesn't because they pump either fakes screams/crowd noise or movie soundtracks in every single corner of their parks.

The difference is Disney actually has quite places all over their parks.

Universal doesn't because they pump either fakes screams/crowd noise or movie soundtracks in every single corner of their parks.

That's your answer then. It's not that they didn't consult whoever it is you think they should have consulted (apparently you), it's that keeping a quiet space for you isn't on Universal's radar.

My kids love HP. They also love Bilge Rat Barges. They used to love Pteranodon Flyers and still love that whole Jurassic Play area. I'm not sure why you think they should all be sacrificed because YOU want a quiet place. At a theme park. A theme park which you explicitly stated above prefers "fake screams/crowd noise or movie soundtracks in every single corner of their parks." As that is their preference, why do you keep insisting that this was a mistake on their part?

Wow. I think the original post was just a vent. Lamenting their hidden gem is gone. It happens. Usually people are more understanding about lost favorites.

I dont remember where it took a turn without going back to read. When they stated personal opinion over what they’d sacrifice to preserve something else?

I thought it was a unique point of view. I’m new to UO, so learning about everything including about what use to be there.

Reminds me about finding out that the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set closed a year before our first trip to Disney, though. Nostalgic for something I’ll never know.

That's your answer then. It's not that they didn't consult whoever it is you think they should have consulted (apparently you), it's that keeping a quiet space for you isn't on Universal's radar.

My kids love HP. They also love Bilge Rat Barges. They used to love Pteranodon Flyers and still love that whole Jurassic Play area. I'm not sure why you think they should all be sacrificed because YOU want a quiet place. At a theme park. A theme park which you explicitly stated above prefers "fake screams/crowd noise or movie soundtracks in every single corner of their parks." As that is their preference, why do you keep insisting that this was a mistake on their part?

Let say you love Mythos. The best theme park restaurant in the world. And you want to have a candlelight dinner overlooking the tranquil lake. But the screaming and slobbering Velocicoasters now impact your dinner experience.

There were many other places they could have put the Velocicoaster. They dropped the ball on this one but they can still correct their mistake.

Let say you love Mythos. The best theme park restaurant in the world. And you want to have a candlelight dinner overlooking the tranquil lake. But the screaming and slobbering Velocicoasters now impact your dinner experience.

There were many other places they could have put the Velocicoaster. They dropped the ball on this one but they can still correct their mistake.
How can they correct it?? Moving it is not an option... It just isn't. So outside of that, what?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter