Velocicoaster Ruins the Ambience of the Outdoor Dining Area of the Three Broomsticks

How can they correct it?? Moving it is not an option... It just isn't. So outside of that, what?
As I mentioned early in the thread, you can create a giant castle wall or giant matte painting (of Hogwarts Valley/lake with a giant waterfall or fountain.
The castle wall will block out the Velocicoaster sight line and the nosie from the giant waterfall will drown out the noise.

On the Mythos side they would probably have to build a light brown rock wall with another waterfall.

Last edited:
As I mentioned early in the thread, you can create a giant castle wall with a giant waterfall or fountain.
The castle wall will block out the Velocicoaster sight line and the nosie from the giant waterfall will drown out the noise.

On the Mythos side they would probably have to build a light brown rock wall with another waterfall.
I really don't think any solution that involves them spending any more money, or possibly shutting down sections for construction, is ever going to happen here. While I don't agree with your concern here, I do understand it is something that you don't like and are disappointed in. I'm sorry that happened, but at this point, I think it is sadly a take it or leave it situation. It is what it is. :(

I really don't think any solution that involves them spending any more money, or possibly shutting down sections for construction, is ever going to happen here. While I don't agree with your concern here, I do understand it is something that you don't like and are disappointed in. I'm sorry that happened, but at this point, I think it is sadly a take it or leave it situation. It is what it is. :(

It actually would be pretty easy and affordable.

You can just use the existing bridge and then have a matte painting

Here is a matte painting that Hollywood Studios used:

Then just use this Matte painting to block out Velocicoaster:

Let say you love Mythos. The best theme park restaurant in the world. And you want to have a candlelight dinner overlooking the tranquil lake. But the screaming and slobbering Velocicoasters now impact your dinner experience.

There were many other places they could have put the Velocicoaster. They dropped the ball on this one but they can still correct their mistake.

How exactly can they "correct their mistake"? You can't seriously think they're going to move a whole ride just because a few people might not like it?

I think by "correct their mistake" they mean their wall/painting idea. I personally don't think this is a good idea either as it would sacrifice the view out over the lake and park. I could see even more complaints about that come up than the noise from the coaster.

As far as the location being a poor choice and it going towards Toon Lagoon, who's to say they don't have plans to build out over the lagoon in that area in the future so they couldn't put it there. I could potentially see them convert Camp Jurassic/Pteradon Flyers to be something more like what is opening at Beijing with the powered Pteradon coaster that could include a couple show scenes/animatronics and go around the area and out over the lagoon. This would be a big enhancement for that area and be a ride with much higher capacity that everyone could ride vs. the current Pterdon Flyers. Especially if they eventually retheme the entire land to Jurassic World, I would love to see this area get converted/upgraded as well to this.

EDIT: Was just looking at the park on Google Maps and realized that a Pteradon family powered coaster wouldn't really be able to go over the lagoon as that area is fully boxed in by Velocicoaster and Bluto's. The Velocicoaster's brake run essentially runs alongside the lift hill section for the rafts. STill would love to see some sort of conversion done for it in the long term, it just likely wouldn't be able to go out over the lagoon any though.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter