Vegetarian on Castaway Cay

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by nutshell, Jul 12, 2018.

1. nutshell

nutshell Oh, Disney!

what are the options?

Thanks!

2. dcassetta

dcassetta DIS Veteran

Lots of options, various salads including tomato, tabouli, Cole slaw, and potato. Lots of sliced and whole fruit. Rolls and banana bread. Ice cream and cookies.

bumbershoot likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. KashasMom

KashasMom DIS Veteran

They have veggie burgers. Ask them and they'll make one for you.

5. ladyofthetramp

ladyofthetramp DIS Veteran

Recommend the tomato salad and tabouli. Yummy! Never had the veggie burger, but I bet it's worth a try

6. jalapeno_pretzel

jalapeno_pretzel Mouseketeer

Awesome! Last time I was there I was not vegetarian yet but didn't notice any veggie burgers ... so this is great to know I can ask for one!!

KashasMom likes this.
  7. JanDave

JanDave DIS Veteran

I love the vegetarian chili! It's offered at Cookies but not at Serenity Beach. I would love the recipe.

8. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I have never gone hungry on the Cay. The veggie burgers are so good. Tabouleh etc.

Honestly it’s better than most of what’s on the ship!

ladyofthetramp likes this.
  9. fredandkell

fredandkell Mouseketeer

As a fellow vegetarian, I don't recall exactly what they had there, but I also don't recall going hungry or feeling like I didn't have anything to eat, so you'll be fine.

bumbershoot likes this.
  10. Mommb

Mommb DIS Veteran

In addition to items mentioned above, I think I remember corn on the cob.

If you want to make sure veggie burgers are available, just check with your head server the night before (or your server if you don't see the head server).

11. nutshell

nutshell Oh, Disney!

Thanks for all the responses!

12. KashasMom

KashasMom DIS Veteran

Yes, for veggie burgers in the MDRs you have to ask the night before but not on CC. And yes to corn on the cob on CC.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    dclpluto likes this.
  13. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

on CC, my experience is you just ask for a veggie burger (i never pre ordered anything for CC). you have to wait a few minutes for them to cook one but they have them! if you have other particular diet needs/allergies, that does sometimes involve preferring things and they might have a premed meal waiting for you. also, the quick serve places (pizza etc) can make vegan/cheeseless pizzas etc, but, again, they are cooked to order and take a bit longer!

14. codygirl5150

codygirl5150 Mouseketeer

So good to know this! We were contemplating having to go back to the ship for lunch. Glad Disney makes it a point to keep everyone well fed!

15. Barbamama

Barbamama Earning My Ears

My son is a vegetarian and our DCL cruises are just the easiest, best experiences we have had in terms of there always being interesting vegetarian options :)

16. Lardiek

Lardiek Earning My Ears

I love the veggie burgers on CC! In fact they are one of my favorite things to eat on the entire cruise! There are definitely enough meatless options to choose from and feel like you got a good meal.

17. daisyx3

daisyx3 DIS Veteran

Not sure if you can eat fish (so many types of vegetarians) but they have mahi-mahi at Cookies 2 by Serenity Bay. However, you can't have any under 18 people with you.

18. anricat

anricat DIS Veteran

The nice thing about the veggie burgers on CC is that they are cooked to order so they are nice and hot (unlike some of the other stuff hanging around). I've always enjoyed my veggie burger. I usually have chips, some kind of salad, maybe a bean salad or quinoa or something, and corn on the cob. I think there's usually some fruit as well.