Vegetarian Meal at Three Broomsticks?

jbrinkm

Mouseketeer
Hello, I read a Yelp review of Three Broomsticks where the poster had gotten a vegetarian platter of 3 sides at Three Broomsticks. Has anyone else ordered this? If so, was it on the menu, or did you do the special allergy order process?

I ordered this at the Hollywood park, but not sure if they are doing it at Orlando! In Hollywood it was grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes, mint peas, grilled tomato, and sautéed cabbage. It was really yummy and surprisingly really filling, but not too heavy. If I remember at Hollywood it wasn't on the main menu but it might have been on one of the digital boards as a special. I just asked for it at the counter and was able to get it with no problem. I believe all the sides are parts of other dishes so it was easy to assemble, but I think the "main" aka the asparagus was unique to the vegetarian menu. If it's not on the Orlando menu you might not get the same exact platter, but I can't imagine them not being able to offer you something. There are so many vegetarians and vegans these days that they must have some kind of option available. As a note, I think the mashed potatoes and maybe the peas were made with butter so it might not be vegan, if that's something you are looking for. I think there is a basic salad on the menu, but it honestly doesn't look that exciting.

I'm planning on taking my vegetarian kiddo there for breakfast instead of lunch or dinner on our trip. There are vegetarian mains at breakfast. He's not picky, apart from the vegetarian part, but a dish of sides as described won't appeal to him. I don't understand why they don't add a single vegetarian entree to lunch and dinner. They could do an alternate shepherd's pie with Beyond meat crumble for example, or some kind of sandwich. It's an odd omission.

I agree they need to add more vegetarian options. I was there a few years ago with my DD, I got the chicken for lunch and she ate the potatoes and corn. Not the best meal but we had dinner later at Jakes at RPR and they had some good options.

I'm planning on taking my vegetarian kiddo there for breakfast instead of lunch or dinner on our trip. There are vegetarian mains at breakfast. He's not picky, apart from the vegetarian part, but a dish of sides as described won't appeal to him. I don't understand why they don't add a single vegetarian entree to lunch and dinner. They could do an alternate shepherd's pie with Beyond meat crumble for example, or some kind of sandwich. It's an odd omission.

Yes! I wonder if it has something to do with "authenticity"?

We're planning on eating breakfast at Leaky Cauldron for exactly that reason (vegetarian breakfast options), but would rather not take the extra time in the morning to do two breakfasts, two days in a row. DH and DS eat fish, so they will have options for dinner. Just DC14 and myself need to figure it out...

We're planning on eating breakfast at Leaky Cauldron for exactly that reason (vegetarian breakfast options), but would rather not take the extra time in the morning to do two breakfasts, two days in a row. DH and DS eat fish, so they will have options for dinner. Just DC14 and myself need to figure it out...
Leaky Cauldron you can get the Ploughman's without the scotch egg. They will do half servings for one if you ask.

Leaky Cauldron you can get the Ploughman's without the scotch egg. They will do half servings for one if you ask.

Good to know if our days shift around at all. Thanks! Do I do that through mobile order or speak to a person?

Not sure about a sides platter, but you can definitely order the individual sides. There's also a potato & leek soup that you can order either on its own or with a side salad. On the kid’s meal there’s a Mac n cheese option as well.
Not the most appealing options, but still a possibility.

Finnegan's has the vegan Shephard's Pie. They should definitely expand their options throughout the parks.

Here's a link to some options but not at the Harry Potter areas.... https://www.amyfillinger.com/vegan-at-universal/

Unfortunate, since England is one of THE easiest places I've found to be vegetarian.

There's also a potato & leek soup that you can order either on its own or with a side salad.

Maybe they changed back, but the last two times I went I was told that the PL soup was no longer vegetarian. Although I MIGHT be confusing it with Hollywood.

Maybe they changed back, but the last two times I went I was told that the PL soup was no longer vegetarian. Although I MIGHT be confusing it with Hollywood.
Well that’s disappointing but I haven’t been in a few years so it’s quite possible it’s changed.

Not sure about a sides platter, but you can definitely order the individual sides. There's also a potato & leek soup that you can order either on its own or with a side salad. On the kid’s meal there’s a Mac n cheese option as well.
Not the most appealing options, but still a possibility.

We're here now and kitchen says Potato Leek soup IS vegetarian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter