Vegetarian Dining?

Spoonful of Sugar

Mouseketeer
It's my first time going to Disneyland - hurray!!! :woohoo: - and I'm going with a vegetarian (vegan actually, but he'll sacrifice his morals for this trip, if need be). Any suggestions where to eat? Everything I've found sounds pretty plain and less than exciting: cheese pizza, veggie sandwiches. Or any recommendations for restaurants in general? Thanks!

I take credit for getting DL to put veggie burgers on the menu years ago. Am heading there for the first time in 3 years, and looking at the menus some things are a little better, but not much. My last experience was salads, way too much cheese, and often no veggie item at all to choose from. Looks like they are at least adding veggie options, but most are still loaded with cheese.

If you can wait 2 weeks I'll let you know if this trip is a better bet!

BTW, I found most of the non-Disney places in DTD a better bet....

you can get a good salad at the pizza place in tomorrowland.. ]

Also burgers by soarin at DCA. They hae a good spread for toppings.

Well, HUH! I see that you will be there when I am there, OP! So guess that I can't tell you my experiences.... ;)

From last visit, House of Blues is a good choice. Also liked Brea Bakery. For whatever reason, DL seems behind WDW for introducing interesting, non cheese laden veggie items on the menu. I also found that the mexican place in Frontierland is a good option.

ESPN Zone has a great fresh mozzarella and tomato salad. It's very tasty and filling...my 17 yr old DD just had it last week and she enjoyed it!

I am a vegetarian (not vegan) and I actually lost weight on my last trip because of the lack of good veggie dishes. I mostly ate salad, and pretzels from the pretzel place in DTD. The best veggie dishes I had were at Tortilla Jo's (quite a variety that they can make into vegetarian), the tomato Mozza salad at ESPN Zone that was already mentioned, and the brunch at Goofy's Kitchen. Also at DLH's Hook's Pointe I had a delicious pasta. Breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe was easy to get veggie style. I only ate on site though, and I think that was part of the problem. Have fun!

ive been vegetarian for alittle over 5 years now and love disneyland. so woohoo. But anyways, yes at times its hard to grab a quick bite considering the fact that a LARGE percentage of disney food isn't vegetarian. But luckily i have never had a problem with mixing up my order. A lot of times ill just minus the meat (which can also make it cheaper :)) I always check the menu before i sit down though.

bavaria said:
I take credit for getting DL to put veggie burgers on the menu years ago.

:worship: :worship: :worship: I just recently found out they had them and Im so happy because its hard to find things for my dd to eat outside of fries, pretzels, and junk food when we go :love:

I think the Pizza Port also has pasta that you can have with marinara sauce.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don’t like meat, so I always look for non-meat food, You can always ask at any Disney restaurants, and DTD if they will not include meat in you dish, and they usually try to do so. If your friend likes fruit the best place I found to get a fruit snack was the River Belle Terrace, a big plate of fruit, they also make pancakes, very good, Ribs (didn't eat), Clam Chowder, and other good things if anyone is interested...

Pizza Port has a ceaser salad that is huge and really good. You can get it with your choice of dressings, don't be afraid to ask.

Plaza Inn (on the right side of Main St when facing the castle) has a cobb salad that you can get without meat and egg, along with your choice of dressing.

Carnation Bakery (on the left side of main street near the ice cream place) sells a really good veggie sandwich.

All the cheese in the park (including the 3-cheese monte cristo) contains animal based rennet though, which your friend may or may not care about. Also, the fries are fried in the same oil as chicken and fish.

The Jazz Kitchen as eggplant parmesan, ESPN zone has a caprise like salad and most of the sit-down restaurants in DTD can make something up too.

Across the street there is a Mimis Cafe (not to be confused with Millis) that is very accomodating to special diets as well.

I second the positive review of the caesar salad at Pizza Port. And, in my opinion, it's HUGE! They also have different pastas with marinara sauce, garlic bread, and other types of salad. And, FREE DRINK REFILLS!

Goofy's Kitchen does have lots of non-meat foods as well. We were there around brunch time and they had pastas, salads, cereal, pancakes, tons of fruit, desserts, fish......too many choices to list! It would definitely be a sure bet for foods that everyone in your party would like! There's something for everyone there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter