VEA Shuttle to CDG

mrshindig

Mouseketeer
Since when did VEA stop taking card payment on their shuttles. How angry was i when i found this out....... very!!!

Got ready for the 18:40 from santa fe on friday. Bus arrived bang on time :). Popped the case in the coach and waited in line to pay the driver. I've always paid by card for the shuttle, means i don't have to be stingy with my cash on the last day!!! Anyways...... Got onto the coach and was told they don't take cards, my face must have looked like thunder:mad: . The driver took my case off the bus and we were stranded:confused3 .

Anyway being disney avids we thought we'll just get the tgv over to cdg, No Probs. So we got on the next bus over to the train station. Got on the really hard to use touch screen computers and input all the info so we could get the ticket. Next train was at 20:55 and our check in closed at 21:15. Not enough time to run from T2 to T3!!! So we decided to head back to the hotel, but get some cash out for the next VEA shuttle. So i got my 30 Euro out and headed for santa fe. Knowing that the next VEA was at 19:30 and we were at 19:10 we were in high spirits:rotfl2: . So we got on the bus packed with the usual amount of non-queing europeans and we were off. But things went from bad to worse. We saw an ambulance drive past followed by.......... no joke....... hundreds of taxi's, not french taxi's but london cabs. They all said something along the lines of "Childrens magical tour". We never made the next VEA, but we saw it drive past in the opposite direction........ AGHHHHHHHHHH.

So all that was left for us to do was either get a taxi (60 - 90 Euro) or get the last VEA at 20:20. We decided to wait for the 20:20 VEA and get some food from the Esso near Santa Fe. The Bus arrived again on time so we got on the bus and handed 30 Euro over to the driver...... he asked for another 2 Euro, I asked why and he said it was 16 Euro each (When did that go up........ i thought it was 14). I was really ****** p****d off now. I managed to scrape 2 Euro together with the shrapnel laying around my bag, wallet etc.

anyway we arrived at the airport 5 minutes after check in closed but we begged pleaded and were allowed to board:cool1:

something to tell me friends i guess!!

*Shudder* What an lousy end to your trip

anyway we arrived at the airport 5 minutes after check in closed but we begged pleaded and were allowed to board:cool1:

That was lucky :goodvibes

I know it's little consolation to you, but thanks for the heads up - I'll add this information to the Travelling by Plane thread :thumbsup2

'non queuing' European here ;) (well, European, and take it for what it is worth!) I've been called worse

The fare was 16 Euros this past summer as well. I've only paid cash so can't comment on credit cards but haven't seen anyone pay by card on board.

Sorry that you had such an end to the trip.

Useful to know that VEA no longer takes cards, thanks :)

Shame that the VEA site still shows Visa and Mastercard logos, but presumeably this is for on-line orders.

Shame that the VEA site still shows Visa and Mastercard logos, but presumeably this is for on-line orders.

They don't seem to do on-line orders anymore. The website states "Tickets may be purchased from our drivers, your travel agent or at Aéroports de Paris at Orly only."

mrshindig - Apart from the fraught ending, I hope you had a good trip. :)

mrshindig - Apart from the fraught ending, I hope you had a good trip. :)

Trip was awesome. I have to say the resort looks better than ever.

When I got on the bus there was a space for where the credit card payment machine goes, but obviously it wasn't there. Possibly it was just this one bus. I should have looked at the bus i eventually got on........ but i was SO.... how shall i say, ANGRY at the time.

DLRP rocked tho:cool1:

omg - I'd have been freaking out completely by the time I eventually got to the airport in your shoes!

Glad you had a brill visit - I agree, the park looked so pretty this trip.

Elaine

They don't seem to do on-line orders anymore. The website states "Tickets may be purchased from our drivers, your travel agent or at Aéroports de Paris at Orly only."

Vous pouvez acheter vos billets auprès de votre agence de voyages, aux comptoirs Aéroports de Paris dans les aérogares ou directement auprès de nos conducteurs. and directly below is the Visa and Mastercard logo! :rotfl: Perhaps that means that one can pay via credit card at the machines at the airport...

Vous pouvez acheter vos billets auprès de votre agence de voyages, aux comptoirs Aéroports de Paris dans les aérogares ou directement auprès de nos conducteurs. and directly below is the Visa and Mastercard logo! :rotfl: Perhaps that means that one can pay via credit card at the machines at the airport...

Now the English version says "You may purchase tickets from your travel agent, at Aéroports de Paris counters in the airports, or directly from our drivers." And yes, they have with the credit card logos underneath! Not sure what happened about the Orly only bit!! :crazy:

Yes we found the same - that the prices had gone up (I'd costed it up on their website before we went but ended up paying 58 E for 2 adults & 2 children).

Also they didn't accept cards (we were travelling from Orly).

We had made sure we had cash though as we were intending to get a taxi but the VEA arrived as we turned up at the bus station so took that instead. With the massive queues on the roads on the way to the airport it was probably a lucky thing!

:) Sadie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter