Vapianos?

missiemouse

Mouseketeer
Going next week and thought we'd try out vapianos in the village. But trip advisor reviews seem to suggest it's not great with kids due to the system of ordering with a card and waiting around for the food to be cooked. Anyone been and got any tips for when to go/how to queue in the most time effective way? Don't want to spend all our time queuing for food (will be enough of that in the parks!!)
Thanks! x

We went there late in the evening, so there weren't that many kids. However, I think it could work with children if one person sat with them and someone else went to the station(s) to order the food.

This ended up being the best meal of our DLP trip. The space itself was nice too. I especially liked the living wall and the olive tree.

My concern was that you have to go to different stations for each type of food (pasta, pizza, kids meals, desserts) so you have to queue multiple times?!?! And in the meantime your stuff you first ordered is cooked and ready?! That's the impression I got from Trip Adviser..... doesn't sound like a sensible way of ordering things to me! We won't be trying it I'm afraid. Not unless the process changes or people can give first hand experiences saying it's not that bad!! lol

C x

My concern was that you have to go to different stations for each type of food (pasta, pizza, kids meals, desserts) so you have to queue multiple times?!?! And in the meantime your stuff you first ordered is cooked and ready?! That's the impression I got from Trip Adviser..... doesn't sound like a sensible way of ordering things to me! We won't be trying it I'm afraid. Not unless the process changes or people can give first hand experiences saying it's not that bad!! lol

C x

I haven't tried it at DLP. Had it elsewhere in paris.

But when I did try it- the system works super well, the food comes out fresh, and basically its TS quality food for low price and no tip. Plus their bar selection was good.

How it works: you're given a tap card upon entry. At each station, you order and tap. You pick up your food and sit down and eat. Then you take your tap card to the host counter and pay.

In reality, there aren't that many stations. Like there might be a salad station and a pasta/pizza station right next to each other, and the bar across the way. So you order, walk to the bar, get a drink, snag a table, and return to pick up your food.

It's actually much better food than I've had in most chains in the states. Better quality than Olive Garden and way better than anything I tried at DLP. So you should go for it if you lo like pasta!

I'm looking for places for a light lunch, and Vapiano looks perfect! The food looks fabulous, and it would be very easy to share meals here!

I love how you think, Westcoastwild. Hopping over to the bar station while you wait for your food sounds like a perfect time filler! :thumbsup2

Tripadvisor is really making it Sound more complicated than it is. There's four different stations. Pizza, Pasta, salads, bar (with Desserts). There's several lines at the stations (I saw four or five "Pasta lines"), this is what makes it look so complicated.

You can get Drinks at the Food stations too.

Pasta is made in front of you, but for Pizza you get one of These buzzers and just come back. For Pasta they expect you to stay and wait.

The Thing that annoys me there is that the Pasta line is slow. I'm serious, a snail is a race car compared to the Speed this line moves at. We've waited 45 minutes with 3 People in front of us - my Boyfriend almost started gnawing at a branch of this tree they have up as a decoration because he was so hungry.

Tripadvisor is really making it Sound more complicated than it is. There's four different stations. Pizza, Pasta, salads, bar (with Desserts). There's several lines at the stations (I saw four or five "Pasta lines"), this is what makes it look so complicated.

You can get Drinks at the Food stations too.

Pasta is made in front of you, but for Pizza you get one of These buzzers and just come back. For Pasta they expect you to stay and wait.

The Thing that annoys me there is that the Pasta line is slow. I'm serious, a snail is a race car compared to the Speed this line moves at. We've waited 45 minutes with 3 People in front of us - my Boyfriend almost started gnawing at a branch of this tree they have up as a decoration because he was so hungry.

That's really odd. Maybe new worker? I don't think it took more than 6 -7minutes per order when I was there. It's not McDonald's fast, but it's pretty much along the lines of omelet bar at a buffet or chipotle.

I'm looking for places for a light lunch, and Vapiano looks perfect! The food looks fabulous, and it would be very easy to share meals here!

I love how you think, Westcoastwild. Hopping over to the bar station while you wait for your food sounds like a perfect time filler! :thumbsup2

If you like mojitos, try the raspberry mojito!! So good. I had really low expectations given the price and chain status but it was a great value. And I am a total food snob.

That's really odd. Maybe new worker? I don't think it took more than 6 -7minutes per order when I was there. It's not McDonald's fast, but it's pretty much along the lines of omelet bar at a buffet or chipotle.

I'm used to Vapiano being relatively slow, but this one beats anything I ever experienced. Chipotle is at least twice as fast. Worst part is that not even when it is busy as heck they make use of the two pans they have per cooking Station it seems. That would save them a lot of time.

its a different dining experience: you order what you want and you can watch it being cooked. the chef scans your card which you then pay at the end- i would give it a try.

nice food.

i do think the location is a bit out of the way - you have to walk through security then come back in for bag check when you want to go back to the parks.

Oh I didn't realise this was a thing in other places. I've been to 2 different ones in London. I love it, it's my favourite restaurant. Depending when you go it can be very busy and you do need to queue. With pizzas you are given a buzzer (in london) so you can sit down after ordering. If you don't want to be queuing too much try and get everyone to get the same type of food and then send some people to find a table.

Thanks for all the opinions, although I still can't decide! Don't want to spend hours queuing (there are 10 of us so that could take a looong time!) But I love the idea of fresh food and reasonable prices. Do you think if we went at an odd time (3pm?) it would be a better experience?

Thanks for all the opinions, although I still can't decide! Don't want to spend hours queuing (there are 10 of us so that could take a looong time!) But I love the idea of fresh food and reasonable prices. Do you think if we went at an odd time (3pm?) it would be a better experience?

Probably.

My view is that with 10 of you, you'll be waiting anyway. Vapiano's is at least worth the wait which I really can't say about other DLP food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter