values sold out any chance it will change?

Zakery

Mouseketeer
All the values are sold out the first weekend of November. Anyone think there is a chance they will open up rooms?

What are you calling the "first week"? I see tons of availability at the values 11-3 through 11-9.

Yes, there is always a chance that someone out there out of everyone who has a room booked will decide to cancel. People cancel their trips every single day

Last edited:
What are you calling the "first week"? I see tons of availability at the values 11-3 through 11-9.

The OP said the first WEEKEND and as I look, I only see the AoA open for those 3 days and that could be the problem. They need to book a longer stay. Like you...I see lots of availability that first week of Nov from the 3rd-9th.

Ah missed the "end" on weekend. If you changed checkin to Saturday the 2nd there are Little Mermaid rooms available.

It’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend. Values are very popular and it’s unlikely rooms will open up, but not impossible.

KEEP TRYING!

A CM once told me to call 8 am EST Mondays as that is when canceled Magical Gatherings clear the system.

With the half marathon that weekend, it will be tough.

The OP said the first WEEKEND and as I look, I only see the AoA open for those 3 days and that could be the problem. They need to book a longer stay. Like you...I see lots of availability that first week of Nov from the 3rd-9th.
I noticed that I can book the weekend if I add extra days on. Is it abusing the system to book the longer stay and then cancel the extra days in a bit?

I noticed that I can book the weekend if I add extra days on. Is it abusing the system to book the longer stay and then cancel the extra days in a bit?

Not its not but the front line guest services folks don't have any more access than we do, meaning they couldn't make the change in this case. You'd have to escalate to someone who had more rights in the system. Which is 100% doable just more work.

Yeah I did Friday through Tuesday and a preferred at POP comes up.

As PP said, the regular CRO agents can’t just “drop” days from your reservation. The new length of stay has to be available in the booking system for them to make the change. They have to contact guest services to make the change. Sometimes they transfer you to guest services, somethings they contact them while you are on hold. There have been reports that guest services may refuse to drop the unwanted night. Disney uses a booking algorithm to prevent single night availability that they won’t be able to fill, so that’s the real issue.

Personally, I have only dropped a night once, this past April to apply a discount. The CRO agent contacted guest services & they dropped the first night of my current reservation without a problem. Good luck & have a great vacation!

I decided to risk it. I booked the extra nights and will call coming up once I am ready to finalize the rest of my trip. If I end up not being able to drop the nights then I'll just cancel the reservation and try for a cheap DVC (If I get lucky and something is available) or go off site for that weekend.

Thanks everyone.

Its not only the 10K but its followed immediately by Jersey Week. Hopefully it works out for you. Good Luck

Its not only the 10K but its followed immediately by Jersey Week. Hopefully it works out for you. Good Luck
Thanks. I'm actually down for a conference and I'm solo as the family is tied up so It being packed doesn't actually bother me. I just do what I can and if lines are too long I'll skip the ride. About my only must do is get in to see Galaxy's Edge and try out the ride.

I decided to risk it. I booked the extra nights and will call coming up once I am ready to finalize the rest of my trip. If I end up not being able to drop the nights then I'll just cancel the reservation and try for a cheap DVC (If I get lucky and something is available) or go off site for that weekend.

Thanks everyone.
Cheap DVC? When is the last time you rented points?

Purchasing points for a studio can be really affordable. Last time I went I stayed at OKW for somewhere between the cost of a value and moderate.
But every single studio at WDW is sold out for that weekend.

Thanks everyone.

I can tell you we tried this once, they would not rebook because just like you, they saw no availability for the actual days we wanted. And we took it way up the ladder, no dice. Dropping off a day or adding a day is the same process as cancelling and rebooking. There has to be availability for the dates you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!