Value vs. Moderate

I do not really want to get in the middle of a "class" debate, but the values do tend to have "groups" of various kinds, particularly youth groups of various organizations (both domestic and international), which tends to bring out a mob mentality/rowdiness/etc that could be mistaken for low-class. (Even kids from good homes, etc sometimes get a bit unruly in these situations of minimal supervision). In the past, we have thought mods had slightly better food options and pools than values, but we understand the new a of a has great marks on both of those issues. The only thing csr has is that values do not is a gym. We have been blessed recently that my career has sort of taken off so now i pretty much only do deluxe, but mainly due to proximity to park and certain amenities- i have met nice people at all.

There's only a part of accuracy here in this statement.

While yes CSR has a nice gym, that's not the only thing that they have , that value doesn't:

1)Bigger room
2)Queen size vs Full size beds
3)Lounge vs none at the values
4)Pools are a lil more elaborate plus all mods have water slides..CSR Happens to be the largest..
5)Hot tub
6)Multiple bus stops vs 1
7)Table serv. Restaurant & Pepper Market vs. values food courts ONLY.
8)Comfy Hammocks spread out along the lake

I'm sure there's more but you get the point....:goodvibes

All this adds up to CSR is awesome.

I also noticed that, generally, there is a difference in the "class" of people when it comes to value vs moderate vs deluxe.
coming from a deluxe person..we have seen the biggest slob at the poly..leaving booze bottles on the beach to leaving a huge mess at the cl. i also recall a real rude badly behaved family what i would consider low class because how they treated the staff come out of the presidential suite at the bc. i recall dropping off people at pop from the me..all i saw was happy looking families and vacationers. now the values get alot of heat from the sports teams, which is justified if they cause problems. you can get ' low class' at any level. class isn't something you can buy. check out hollywood and most of the professional sports players most of the have loads of money and behave horribly.

YachtandBeachy said:
I also noticed that, generally, there is a difference in the "class" of people when it comes to value vs moderate vs deluxe.

Sorry, but my "class" does not change depending on the level of resort I stay at. You will find obnoxious, loud, rude, narcissistic, snobbish, I'm better than you people at all levels. I know because I stay at all resort levels and I have seen them at values, mods and deluxes.

I wouldn't say "class". We've stayed at all levels and the only difference we found from the values up is the values is more little kid friendly so of course there's going to be more kids at the values- which means louder!. I didn't find any difference between the mods and deluxes kid wise. They are there but the resorts are bigger so it doesnt seem so overwhelming. (and of course ppl who have more money are going to be in the deluxes- they're expensive.). Doesn't mean they're better. We're all there to have FUN!!!

mkel34 said:
Somebody had to say it and I agree, sometimes the truth hurts.

You're right. Based on the original comment, I would say that people who stay at yacht and beach are of a very low class because they make rude generalizations on public forums. LOL

The absolute worst Disney experience I've had at a resort was at The Grand Floridian. The best were at CSR and All-Stars. It never pays to make sweeping generalizations.

I totally disagree. I've seen all sorts of people at all the resorts. There are plumbers, carpenters, and other tradespeople staying at the deluxes. There are wealthy people who choose a value. You really cannot look at the resort the person chose and assign a social class to them. There are some great reasons to pick a value! Last year I stayed at the AoA with my family because I thought for my kids' first trip it would be the hotel that wowed them the most. We met some wonderful families at the AoA last year.

I once had a nice discussion with a bus driver who said they were thrilled when they got a value route over a deluxe as the people who stayed value didn't complain and gripe the way the people on the deluxe routes did. He said they were much more pleasant. Of course, we all know that the bus drivers aren't always the most reliable source of information.;) Personally, I've stayed all 3 levels and not had any problems at any of the levels.

OP - To me, the biggest difference between mod. and value is the "vibe." The values are bolder, full of energy, in your face kinds of places. The mods are more subdued, charming and relaxed. As to which is better, it really depends on what you are looking for in a vacation.

I can't really say too much.. I have stayed on Disney property twice in my life so far. When I was little we stayed at FW in a motor home. That was a vacation I will always remember. We had so much fun!!! We then stayed at POP for my DD 16th birthday. I did not care for POP at all. The teens loved it though. We are staying at POR this trip and I love the pictures I have seen. When we vacation elsewhere we lean towards Homewood Suites, Hyatt or sometimes a Holiday Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter