Value vs. Moderate

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
What is the difference between these resort categories besides the room rates?

Typically slightly larger rooms, upgraded food options, slightly nicer pools, and other entertainment options (boat rentals for lake, fishing, etc,)

What is the difference between these resort categories besides the room rates?

The rooms at moderates are slightly bigger and have queen beds (with the exception of CBR, which still has doubles).

Moderates have TS restaurants at them (except for POFQ).

Pools at moderates will also have slides, whereas, pools at values do not. You also get towels at the mod pools. At values, you have to bring your own (from the room).

Those are the big differences I can think of. :goodvibes

how about coffee pot in the mods - the values you have to go to the food court for it

Mods have hot tubs at the main pool and a TS restaurant on property, except for POFQ who shares with POR. Mods also have queen beds, coffee makers, standard size mini fridges (values have "beverage coolers" - small fridge, no freezer), towels at the main pool, and more subdued/adult like theming at the resorts in general.

are the beds more comfortable at the mods?

you get towel at the pool at the All Star Music.
?? They most certainly are..specially at CSR...POR were comfy as well....The fulls at the values were just Meh. & smaller of course.

I do like the Pepper Market at CSR instead of the traditional food court. Also having a TS rest. (at the Mods) is a plus....& better pools at the mods...

Well worth the $$$ IMHO:thumbsup2

We have been debating on a Value or Moderate this whole time planning. We would love to possibly go on up to even Deluxe. We are extending our trip longer than usual, and I think some resort time would be fabulous! Great tips and info to read in this thread!

We have been debating on a Value or Moderate this whole time planning. We would love to possibly go on up to even Deluxe. We are extending our trip longer than usual, and I think some resort time would be fabulous! Great tips and info to read in this thread!

IMO, the jump in price from value to moderate is worth the cost but it's harder for me to justify the cost from moderate to deluxe. We always stay deluxe and would love to try WL because it's so beautiful, but it's hard for us to cough up another $900+ for a balcony and a food court we don't care for.

We always stay deluxe and it is well worth it for our family! We stayed in Pop on our arrival night. I would consider a moderate for a week (never having stayed in one), but Pop's room was smaller than an average hotel room - I felt cramped and I was only in it for a few hours.

In my opinion the cost increase is definitely worth it for the Mods. We had stayed 3x at Pop, 1x at All Stars and last 2x at POR. I can't see ever going back to a value. Not to sound snobby, because we loved our Pop trips. But POR is just so nice and we love the upgraded experience. And it was just a few hundred bucks more for the whole week.

I also noticed that, generally, there is a difference in the "class" of people when it comes to value vs moderate vs deluxe.

YachtandBeachy said:
I also noticed that, generally, there is a difference in the "class" of people when it comes to value vs moderate vs deluxe.

I understand what you are saying but we have experienced obnoxious guests at all three levels. We have also experienced the most charming and friendly guests at all three.

The biggest difference for us is the room and bed size and the availability of a table service restaurant at the moderates except at POFQ. The grounds are a little bit more landscaped and a relaxed theming. It all depends on what you are wanting for that particular vacation. If we plan to spend quite a bit of time at our resort then we choose a moderate. For a shorter trip with lots of park time or a trip that has a tighter budget then a value is perfectly fine.

Really? Because I sure haven't and I go frequently, usually 3-4 times a year and alternate at all levels and usually do split stays, often starting in a value. I have never seen anybody as obnoxious as the family that stayed near us in CBR at any value with another family at AKL coming in a close second. The majority of people. Have encountered at all the WDW resorts we have tagged at have been polite, friendly, and IMO, classy, including the values.

In my opinion the cost increase is definitely worth it for the Mods. .

I guess that would depend. for our stay it will be a 600.00 difference times 5 rooms is equal to 4200. (wowsers-- that could be another vacation)

we stayed at Pop. for one week. then we stayed Contemporary for a weekend.

Oh mi-- i think i will not get used to Pop again after that weekend

We definitely find a moderate to be worth the extra cost. It just seems to be a more relaxing, laid back atmosphere. This, even beyond the tangible benefits, makes it a no brainer for us.

I've stayed at ASMu, ASMo (twice), and Pop (7 times). I've also stayed at POR and POFQ and BWI, YC, Poly & CR. I do love my deluxe stays but I also enjoy my value stays. I like the values more than the moderates. The mods are nicely landscaped but that means they are more spread out except for POFQ which is compacted. The mod rooms aren't much bigger than the value rooms. The mod bathrooms are smaller than the values which you notice if you have young kids that need help in the tub. And while many folks complain about the bus stops and queues at the values I actually prefer them to the free for all at the mod (and deluxe) bus stops. I also really like that once on the bus you're on your way at the value resorts while at the mods you have more bus stops to make before your on your way.

YachtandBeachy said:

What on earth do you base a broad statement like that on??

YachtandBeachy said:

You're just supposed to think that, not say it out loud

Manateemum said:
What on earth do you base a broad statement like that on??

I do not really want to get in the middle of a "class" debate, but the values do tend to have "groups" of various kinds, particularly youth groups of various organizations (both domestic and international), which tends to bring out a mob mentality/rowdiness/etc that could be mistaken for low-class. (Even kids from good homes, etc sometimes get a bit unruly in these situations of minimal supervision). In the past, we have thought mods had slightly better food options and pools than values, but we understand the new a of a has great marks on both of those issues. The only thing csr has is that values do not is a gym. We have been blessed recently that my career has sort of taken off so now i pretty much only do deluxe, but mainly due to proximity to park and certain amenities- i have met nice people at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter