Value Resorts all booked up in May

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamerinny, Feb 16, 2017.

1. disneydreamerinny

disneydreamerinny Crossfit lover

Has anyone heard that there may be a chance of rooms opening up or becoming available for May? Any ideas how to maybe get on a cancellation list for a room if one becomes available?

2. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I guess it's possible. But with a couple cheer tournaments booking 100% of the 3 All Star resorts which sent everyone else to Pop and AoA, it might be unlikely depending on when you're going.

I've never heard of such a list. The only way I know is to call every day, sometimes multiple times a day. If anything is going to open up it will be around the 30 day mark as that's when final payments are due for packages.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

When are the cheer tournaments? What time in May are you looking at OP? We arrive May 13...staying deluxe so not worried about the kids at the resort, but worried about the parks if it is my time frame.

5. mjdis17

mjdis17 Mouseketeer

According to this link https://www.espnwwos.com/sports/cheer/, there is the "USASF Cheerleading and Dance Worlds Championship" from April 26-May 1, "The Summit- All Star Championship" from May 5-7, and "D2 Summit Championship" from May 12-14.

6. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

Thanks so much! That covers the first weekend we will be there. Hopefully it won't make a huge difference in crowds at parks.

7. mjdis17

mjdis17 Mouseketeer

They typically only really head to the parks at night as they are practicing/competing during the day. Regardless though it wouldn't really affect attendance that much simply because that's no different than the all stars being filled with "regular" guests who would be out and about in the parks. At least that's what I'm thinking!

mexi likes this.
  8. disneydreamerinny

disneydreamerinny Crossfit lover

Thankyou! I guess I will keep calling. Here's hoping!

9. loves to dive

loves to dive DIS Veteran

Check the third party sites like Orbitz and Expedia. Expedia is offering a 20% discount right now for travel before May 15 I think. Code Spring20.

Amanda999 likes this.
  10. kmv

kmv Mouseketeer

I have to be honest. A few years back we were in All-Stars when there was a cheer competition. It was honestly the worst hotel experience I have ever had. We couldn't get near the food court area and the pool was filled with obnoxious, loud, swearing teen age cheerleaders every time we tried to use it. It was horrible to have a young daughter with us at the time. We also had to deal with them outside at night (like 11pm and later) doing their cheers right outside our room while my daughter (and us) tried to sleep. That experience has made me vow to never stay at an All-Stars resort again.
    If you can go up to mod I would, otherwise, I'd rather stay off site than ever stay with those cheerleaders again.

11. Shannon3925

Shannon3925 Earning My Ears

I will be at All Star with my cheerleading granddaughter for the D2 Summit. I am sure it will be an awesome experience for her.