Value Resort Info Needed.

briananddeb

Earning My Ears
Just started planning a family December just-before-Christmas trip and the only place that fits everyone's budget in our timeslot is the All-Star Music resort. We've stayed at all the Moderates over the years and at POP but are totally unfamiliar with ASMU. What should we know - pros or sons - that will aid us in having the best time there? Appreciate the help.

Pretty much all of the value resorts (minus All Star Sports) are pretty much the same just with different decorations in my opinion.

Having stayed at ASMU and POP we preferred POP. The food court and grounds at POP seemed a bit more enjoyable and less chaotic. Granted, they are very similar, but POP seemed to have a bit more charm.

We stayed at ASMu back in 2007. I don’t know what, if anything, has changed, but it was a lovely resort and well maintained! Just make sure if you stay there to request a preferred room. I don’t feel like requesting preferred at the other values is necessary, but the way ASMu is laid out, the back end of the resort is a loooooooong walk to the pools/busses/dining.

Stayed at all except AoA

Just as the order they were built in ...
- Allstars, the oldest are the least expensive
- POP was built with more green space, landscaping, lake and more decor not on buildings
- AoA is really Value+ that has suites, pools and decor that break the value mold

In terms of actual resorts order of nicest ... IMO
1 AoA
2 POP
3 Sports/Movies
4 Music

If you are staying at Music ....
- It is laid out like no other value with many standard rooms opposite end of resort from main hub
- Only value I would want a preferred room
- Food court is newer, rooms are not
- Has suites but most sleep surfaces are on older fold outs, plus is chair & ottoman folks don't share bed
- Really not much in terms of Disney theme so if that is something that turned you off, a good pick
- In middle so easy walk to Sports (also new food court) and Movies

POP is our "home" resort but we have stayed at Sports many times in last few years, and found it very fresh and well maintained. We avoid Movies, although cute due to it's popularity with young families and we are all adults. Had hopes of staying in AoA suite but since dogs are being allowed at resort that is off the list now.

I've just returned from my first value resort stay. Every other stay has been at a deluxe or mod.

I was at Sports for 6 nights. And I truly enjoyed my stay.

The big differences that I noticed (I am sure there are other differences but they didn't make a difference to me)
1. full size beds and smaller rooms, generally less room in the room
2. no slide at the pool but a larger pool that was more crowded (or so it seemed)
3. individual lines at bus stop for each park and longer lines at the parks for resort buses
4. more options at the food court in general, but fewer for my particular allergy

I found the same:
1. great cast members
2. bed linens and towels
3. pricing on purchases
4. great themes throughout

Hope you have a great stay!

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I just checked and "Preferred" is no longer an option for our stay. Not surprising; it's Disney at Christmas time. And, although it's only the last part of October, in WDWspeak that is really last minute for rooms at holiday time. I'm sure we will have a great time.

I've stayed at all the values. My favorites?
AoA
Pop
Movies
Music
Sports

I just can't get excited about Sports. It felt squished and crowded. I hated the food court. I love Movies, and I can't tell you why! It's just a feeling I get there. I'll be at Music in a week or so. I would have preferred Movies, but it wasn't available. So, I grabbed Music. Yes, it is more spread out..if you get in Country Fair, you have a hefty trek to the buses and food court. I hated being way at the back.

Just started planning a family December just-before-Christmas trip and the only place that fits everyone's budget in our timeslot is the All-Star Music resort. We've stayed at all the Moderates over the years and at POP but are totally unfamiliar with ASMU. What should we know - pros or sons - that will aid us in having the best time there? Appreciate the help.

We absolutely love All Star Sports. We stayed there in '15, CBR in '16 and are staying in Sports again this December. We book preferred room so we are super close to transportation, food court, main pool. CBR was just a miss for our family. We shelled out extra $ for the pirate room and while my son thought it was cool and the pool was fun, overall our impression of that resort was just mediocre. For us, Sports is fine. I mean having a bigger bed would be nice, BUT for the price we pay (or more accurately what we SAVE) allows us to stay longer and have more experiences. Also depending on the time of year, maybe the type of pool is a moot point. Chances are good when we go in December we aren't going to be swimming so another reason that value is a better choice.

Movies is our favorite resort and like pp has said I can't say why. We also like sports and have been staying there in the free dining promo. Music is our least favorite value to spread out which is why we like movies. No matter whereyou stay you will be at Disney which is what really matters..

Here is our family take on the values:) Favorite is ASMO and then ASMU/POP then ASSP. I refuse to overpay for a standard room at AOA for an extra 17 SQ FT and no choice but the very back of the resort. I read posts of how they "have to have" more room, or a balcony or indoor hallway etc. We have had great times at all levels of resorts, we do not dwell on what a resort doesn't have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter