value of Vero and HH

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I wonder how many of us bought into DVC expecting that DVC would eventually build many resorts outside of WDW. I bought in 1992 and, even then, when OKW was all there was, I expected that most of the future resorts would be in wonderful places around the world.

People who bought in 1995 or 1996 when HH and Vero were new, probably felt that even more.

How many of you feel saddened, or even cheated by this change in direction?

On a more positive note, how many of you are really happy that we have Vero and HH as price protected places to go outside of WDW?

I have mixed feelings. I think having at least HHI and Vero as outside options is very important. It gives us an excellent option for our points.

I would love to have additional outside opportunities but I'm still a little concerned about the "balance" if that were to happen. If the outside options were marketed to people who truly wanted to use them, i.e., a ski resort marketed to ski enthusiasts, who are not necessarily people who travel to WDW, I'm all for it. But, if the majority of people who purchased would turn around and primarily use the points to stay at WDW, I would be concerned about overburdening the WDW resorts.

I would like to see additional Concierge Collection options at reasonable rates to add to our outside uses.

I also like having pts off-site(VB) and on-site(OKW). With the membership growing everyday(75,000+)..........I think the 11 month window at VB and HH wil become more important in the future.

On the other hand, Pam, if the owners of the off-site DVC resort weren't interested in using their points at least some of the time at WDW, that resort would be of no value to the rest of us, since there would never be room for us to book there.

I consider Vero and HHI to be a important additions to DVC, but am really bummed that there are no plans for another offsite resort....

As a newbie, I might not have joined if VB and HH were not options. (Golfer husband who doesn't like too many crowds) I do wish they would consider more off-site resorts. Caribbean or ski area would be great. I guess the problem becomes selling those as home resorts - not WDW. Although I want to go to VB and HH we bought at BCV!!

LOL! You've got me there Steven! I guess offsite options might work out well after all. :)

I think the ease of making ressies at HH and VB are a big advantage over trading through II. I'm glad we have the option of trading through II, but we've been members three years now and have never used II. If there were more DVC off-site resorts like VB and HH, we would definitely try them out without hesitation. I think it would add alot more value to our ownership/membership. Our hope that there would be more off-site resorts played a part in our purchase, although that was not mentioned by our guide.

Originally posted by PamOKW
I have mixed feelings. I think having at least HHI and Vero as outside options is very important. It gives us an excellent option for our points.

I would love to have additional outside opportunities but I'm still a little concerned about the "balance" if that were to happen. If the outside options were marketed to people who truly wanted to use them, i.e., a ski resort marketed to ski enthusiasts, who are not necessarily people who travel to WDW, I'm all for it. But, if the majority of people who purchased would turn around and primarily use the points to stay at WDW, I would be concerned about overburdening the WDW resorts.

I would like to see additional Concierge Collection options at reasonable rates to add to our outside uses.
I wonder if resort availability is an indication
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=436789

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter