Valerie and Jeff - 5/7/11 *WP/GF/Italy* TR - WEDDING DAY: DESSERT PARTY!!

Did he propose at the gazebo in Occuquan? (I'm originally from NOVA) If so that is where we were going to try to get married!

I love the dress with the halter straps it is gorgeous on you! And my vote is for the pocket style invite.

That is a BEAUTIFUL cake that you made!

(Sorry I lurk here A LOT! I was planning a wdw vow renewal for awhile due to *issues* with my original wedding but I am usually too lazy to log in and comment-when I saw the gazebo I had to comment!!)

Now that I am looking back, it looks like the gazebo is facing the wrong way to be the one in Occuquan... feel free to ignore me since I am sounds a little (lot) kooky.

Now that I am looking back, it looks like the gazebo is facing the wrong way to be the one in Occuquan... feel free to ignore me since I am sounds a little (lot) kooky.

The gazebo is in Old Town Manassas right where the outside ice skating rink is. This is where we had our first date and I love ice skating, so that is the significance behind the gazebo :) I dont think I have ever seen the gazebo in Occoquan before, but I'm sure it is beautiful....Occoquan is so cute! Thank you so much for the nice comments on the cake and dress!

I am so excited, it is 5 days till Jeff and I leave for Disney World. We are taking a week vacation in the most magical place on earth! Plus I get to show him the wedding pavlion since he was not able to attend the site visit with me when I went in February.

On Saturday, my bridesmaids ordered their dresses! This is the dress in black, we ordered it in bordeaux which is a really dark pretty purple color. And it looks absoulutely amazing on everyone. I have 5 bridesmaids; my two best friends Kelly (23) and Jenny (23), my two sisters Jenny (37) and Carmon (36) and my future sister in law Alison (18).

L3017.jpg

I am so excited, it is 5 days till Jeff and I leave for Disney World. We are taking a week vacation in the most magical place on earth! Plus I get to show him the wedding pavlion since he was not able to attend the site visit with me when I went in February.

On Saturday, my bridesmaids ordered their dresses! This is the dress in black, we ordered it in bordeaux which is a really dark pretty purple color. And it looks absoulutely amazing on everyone. I have 5 bridesmaids; my two best friends Kelly (23) and Jenny (23), my two sisters Jenny (37) and Carmon (36) and my future sister in law Alison (18).

L3017.jpg

That dress is so pretty!!

Have fun in the world!!! :banana:

Hi and congratulations!

Everything looks stunning so far! That cake is amazing!!!!!:scared1::woohoo: My husband and I play with cakes, but we have yet to attempt anything like that. You should go into business for yourself.

Love the dress. I have even seen the show that it was on. And where did you get the toasting flutes? I have never seen anything like that before. Gorgeous!

Can't wait to read more.

Hi and congratulations!

Everything looks stunning so far! That cake is amazing!!!!!:scared1::woohoo: My husband and I play with cakes, but we have yet to attempt anything like that. You should go into business for yourself.

Love the dress. I have even seen the show that it was on. And where did you get the toasting flutes? I have never seen anything like that before. Gorgeous!

Can't wait to read more.

Thank You! I have thought about starting a business, but that thought is very scary!

The toasting flutes are from Things Remembered. I saw them and thought they were perfect. They also have these frames that I am thinking about getting to put the table numbers in.

http://www.thingsremembered.com/web...lay&ip_categoryId=3002&ip_mode=&ip_perPage=10

I have photoshop on my computer at work (I dont really know how to use it), but the other day I started to play around and I came up with these wedding logos.

monogram.jpg

P.S. I have to change this one, because the MOG (mother of the groom) and I got into a fight because I put Jeff instead of "Jeffrey"....which I have never called him Jeffrey a day in his life...but we won't get into that story.

logo.jpg

I have photoshop on my computer at work (I dont really know how to use it), but the other day I started to play around and I came up with these wedding logos.

monogram.jpg

P.S. I have to change this one, because the MOG (mother of the groom) and I got into a fight because I put Jeff instead of "Jeffrey"....which I have never called him Jeffrey a day in his life...but we won't get into that story.

logo.jpg

You did a really nice job on the logos. I love the one with both of your names. I'm sorry you had a fight (!) with your future mil over your df's name in it. It's funny, though, because my dh's name is Jeff, too and no one calls him "Jeffrey" ... except me. ;) So our vow renewal invitation has his name as "Jeffrey" and his family will probably think I'm being fussy and pretentious. :rotfl: Sometimes with in-laws, you just can't win! :rolleyes1

Love your logo!

So I have to ask-- are you changing it to Jeffrey? I have a feeling that my mom is going to give me a problem if I use Juli on wedding stuff instead of my given name, Juliann.

Love your logo!

So I have to ask-- are you changing it to Jeffrey? I have a feeling that my mom is going to give me a problem if I use Juli on wedding stuff instead of my given name, Juliann.

I am going to change it, I didn't want to have to deal with it from now until the May 7th....and I don't want to be called a BRIDEZILLA :rotfl:because of not changing it. I asked Jeff what he wanted me to do, and he said since most of his family knows him as "Jeffrey" that is what he wants it to say. Silly little arguements :)

After many months (eight to be exact) of patiently waiting...my dress finally came in. I LOVE it, it was even better than I remembered it. It needs to be altered a little bit, but I am going to wait to do that until it gets a little closer to the wedding. This will be my last post until I get back from vacation (Disney of course :cheer2:). See you in a week!

DSCN23178.jpg

I knew that I had forgot to pack something for vacation and about two hours down the road, I realized what that item was.....MY ENGAGEMENT RING!!! AHHH So the first day in Orlando we went shopping at the Prime Outlets and I got a fake ring to wear for the rest of the week.

I am back from vacation and excited to get back to the wedding planning...athough I did get to do some wedding planning while on vacation at Disney. Jeff and I looked at some rehearsal dinner locations and booked Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney.

fultonscrabhouse.jpg

DisneyWorldAugust2010024.jpg

THE REHEARSAL DINNER MENU:
Appetizer - Crab and Lobster Bisque Soup
Salad - Caesar Salad
Entre - Choice of New York Strip or Crab Legs with whipped mashed potatoes
Desserts - Assortment of mini desserts

I found THE CAKE!!!

The cake is one of the most important elements of the reception for me, since decorating cakes is my passion. I want to use this cake as the decoration inspiration but I want it to be all round layers, with the white chocolate Disney castle on the top!

cake.jpg

I found THE CAKE!!!

The cake is one of the most important elements of the reception for me, since decorating cakes is my passion. I want to use this cake as the decoration inspiration but I want it to be all round layers, with the white chocolate Disney castle on the top!

cake.jpg

So BEAUTIFUL and it goes great with the detailing on your dress!!! :love:

I found THE CAKE!!!

cake.jpg

Loving the cake and your beautiful dress!:thumbsup2

I don't post much but I think I will be following along with your pj. I have been following another Bride and came upon your journal. DD is getting married in May also, so I just read everything I can to get ideas for her. Your dress is gorgeous and the cake you made is amazing.

Thank you everyone for the great comments! I haven't posted much recently...I have been super busy at work. And haven't had much down time in the evenings. :sad1: But it is a 3 day weekend so I am going to do nothing but wedding planning. :) YAY

Ok, so I need opinions! I am planning on doing welcome bags for everyone staying at Disney. I am going to get the drawstring backpack type so that they can take them with them to the parks. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should put in the welcome bags??

This is what I have come up with so far:
-bath and body works mini hand sanitizer
-sunscreen (Disney characters if I can find them)
-chapstick (I think Avon has Disney character chapstick)
-water bottles with a cute customized logo on them

Also, which logo do you like better to go on the backpacks? I know that there is not a huge difference between the two. (Sorry the pics are so huge...I am having issues with resizing them:confused:)

Option 1: (this is the one I think I like better)
bagdesign1.jpg

Option 2:
bagdesign.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter