Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! If you’re new here, welcome! If you’ve been here before, welcome back, and thanks for joining in again!

This trip took place from February 12th to February 21st. It was me and Joe and 4 of our favorite friends. It was our very first time being in Disney World over Valentine’s Day. ❤ We celebrated a milestone birthday, stayed at 5 different hotels (3 of them Disney resorts), and made a side trip to St Augustine. We attended FARTS, tried 2 new restaurants, and went back to a couple of classics. This trip was packed full of fun, higher crowds, and lots of appearances from the Disney Drinkers. With all that being said, I hope you will grab your favorite adult beverage and follow along on this amazing vacation!!

44CD345D-D646-449C-9A38-3A5065DF6E17.jpeg

Next up, TRAVEL DAY!!!

Last edited:

Hi everyone! If you’re new here, welcome! If you’ve been here before, welcome back, and thanks for joining in again!

This trip took place from February 12th to February 21st. It was me and Joe and 4 of our favorite friends. It was our very first time being in Disney World over Valentine’s Day. ❤ We celebrated a milestone birthday, stayed at 5 different hotels (3 of them Disney resorts), and made a side trip to St Augustine. We attended FARTS, tried 2 new restaurants, and went back to a couple of classics. This trip was packed full of fun, higher crowds, and lots of appearances from the Disney Drinkers. With all that being said, I hope you will grab your favorite adult beverage and follow along on this amazing vacation!!

View attachment 560219

Next up, TRAVEL DAY!!!
Wow! Great picture of you two! Did you get a new camera? It is almost 3-D: Drinking, dining, and Disney! So fun!

I'm here!
:welcome:
Thanks for joining in!

You had me at vodka! I'm along for the ride!
There were many vodka drinks, lol!

Heeey, thanks for sharing your trip! It sounds great that you spent a good time together;)
We had such a good time!!!

Woo hoo ! Can’t wait to read more about your adventures in drinking and dismeets !
There were a few of those, lol!

I’m joining in, excited to hear all about your dining, drinking, and other escapades.
Hi Caroline! There were a lot of those!!!

Love the Disney Drinkers...heading down in about a month and will be taking copious notes on your drink reviews! 🍻
We drank a lot, lol. The drink of choice this trip was the Bloody Mary. LOL!

Wow! Great picture of you two! Did you get a new camera? It is almost 3-D: Drinking, dining, and Disney! So fun!
Actually, it's from Joe's new cell phone. 🙂

:wave: After watching so many of your vlogs, I can totally hear you say this.
LOL! I say that all the time.

I sure hope Joe captured it all on video. :laughing:
He sure did, lol!!!

I'm here and following along.
Happy to have you!

Hi Jenny! So excited to read this…and I made it on the first page!
Hi Kelly! We had such a good time.

Can't wait....LOVE the title! :love:
Hi Dina!!! It's so true!!!!

TRAVEL DAY!!!

Good morning! I thought I'd better put up another update before I lose momentum. I'm really going to do my best to stay on top of this and be consistent. That being said, thank you so much to everyone who has already popped in. I'm blown away that you all want to hear about my trip report (as I am every time I write a new one).

You all didn't know this (well, one or 2 of you did), but the original plan had Joe and I taking that dreadful early morning flight out of Midway in Chicago on the 13th. After stressing about it and worrying about it and just plain having zero desire to wake up before dawn, Joe and I decided to fly out the night before. It was an easy change to make and it turned out to be a REALLY good decision. We changed our flight date and time (SW is really great about this) and booked a hotel for our first night in Orlando. Because our flight wasn't landing until 10 pm, we decided on the Hyatt Orlando International Hotel right at the airport. I'd always wanted to stay here because I had seen other Disers have good experiences here after a late flight and the convenience can't be beaten!!!

Getting to the airport, parking, taking the shuttle, checking in, and going through security was a breeze. We had maybe an hour to kill before the flight, so we grabbed some snacks and waited for our boarding group to be called. I don't know about any of you but it makes no sense to crowd the airport (there's absolutely no social distancing), pack the plane (full flight, not 1 empty seat), but you have to socially distance when boarding a SW flight. Groups of 10, 6 feet apart only. Am I missing something here??? Anyway, we boarded, found seats, and got situated. We were in row 7.

The flight was uneventful, with just a tiny bit of turbulence. Joe and I amused ourselves by watching The Crown. This is our new, favorite show, but we both hate how every 2 seasons, the cast is changed. Why not age the actors???

Our landing was very smooth and soon after we were pulling into our gate. This is where the convenience of staying at MCO comes in...We literally took the escalator downstairs, grabbed our bags (we had a lot of them), took the elevator back up, and then a second elevator right into the lobby of the Hyatt. Farrah checked us in, told us the bar was still open (HORRAY!), and offered us a free breakfast the next morning. Well, all righty then!!!

Joe and I dropped our bags in the room, took a quick look around, did a fast room tour for our YOUTUBE channel https://www.youtube.com/c/JenandJoeontheGo and took the elevator back down to McCoys (the hotel bar and restaurant). We each ordered a drink and decided to split a cheese pizza. The drinks and food were both delicious. Then, we took the elevator back up to our room, showered, and called it a night. This was a perfect way to spend our first evening of vacation and we still had 8 more nights to look forward to...

DC49581A-580D-494D-8058-66A9A5879D7C.jpeg

Next up, Waking up in Orlando, Arriving at our First Disney Resort of the Trip and Disney Springs!!!

Last edited:
I watched the videos before I think...of your travel day. I am so with you on the why wait until morning when you can leave at night thing now. I changed our flights last minute recently as well for that same reason...and thankfully almost all airlines I think right now have VERY flexible change policies in place. It cost me about $1 to change my Spirit flight with only 2 weeks notice.

We are now taking a late flight next week, but I decided my preference is to make the 45 minute drive to our hotel, settle in, and then have a more relaxed morning with more time to get to the parks. However I have always wanted to stay at the Hyatt at the airport and it was something I considered...before booking another hotel near Universal instead. It looks lovely though. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!