Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

ooooh that burrata! Yum!
It is honestly one of the best things I have ever eaten.

I can’t wait to try Wine Bar George, always gets excellent reviews!
So cool to have George deliver your food.
We have now met George 3 times and love how involved he is with his restaurant. It's very impressive and he's the nicest guy.

I agree - we discovered this after booking a couple of early morning flights where we had to drive 2 hours just to get to the airport. After doing that twice, we finally booked a stay at the hotel for the night before. I had not thought about doing that for Disney and the arrival - we book the red-eye and are super tired the next day. Thanks for the tip!
You're so welcome. We will NEVER take an early morning flight again. I mean it this time, lol!

Love the first day videos. We are trying Wine Bar George for the first time next week. Can't wait!
Dina, you will love it. It's a must for us every trip.
Have a great time in Orlando next week.

We are planning on staying at the Airport Hyatt on our December trip. We will leave Friday night after work and be ready to hit the parks bright and early Saturday morning!
It was such a good choice. Joe and I just have zero interest now in hitting the parks early. The ONLY exception will be for the 50th, lol!

Bill and I are obsessed with the Crown. We've watched it since the beginning. I actually love the change in cast as it is wonderful to get to see so many talented actors.
I just really enjoyed Matt Smith. Plus, I'm not a big fan of change, lol!!!

I know I commented on the video but want to say it again....Congratulations! What an amazing milestone and the perfect way to celebrate it. :)
Thank you so much Suse!!!! We were so excited (still are)!!!

Sister wife reporting for duty! Though all of these vixens and valentines sounds very sketchy given our marital arrangement :earboy2:
:welcome:
KARI!!!!! I miss you so much as does your husband, lol!

That does make zero sense. We were watching a live stream from Disney the other day and I was laughing at the same thing. They distance the line, have plastic between rows, then piled strangers in the row in right front of you on big thunder. :confused3
A lot of this COVID crap makes ZERO sense. I think the same rules should have applied across the board. If that would have happened, we would have been done with this crap months ago. There are some places in the MK where it's impossible to social distance.

I love the Crown. Been watching it from the very beginning. At first I found the new actors jarring but you get used to it. Though I love the earlier years much more than the more current ones.
SAME!!!! Joe and I just don't understand why they just didn't age the actors. Matt Smith was phenomenal!!!

We stayed here once and it worked out great for us too. If I recall we even used Hyatt points so it was convenient and free. Plus we could sleep in the next morning. Jason for reasons that still escape me likes an early morning flight though. He says it feels more like vacation that way. Though whenever we finally get back to Disney I'm pretty sure we're going to drive so we'll see how that works out for us.
I swear I will never book an early morning flight again. They cause me too much stress and anxiety. Plus, I like to sleep in. I'm too old to wake up early for vacation, lol!!!

Okay, I'm embarrassed. How did I not realize you, Jen, were Jenny Sanders? I've been on these boards for over 20 years, and I've heard (read) the name several times, I follow you on YT, and IG, and clicked on your TR this morning, and shocker, I see Jen and Joe On The Go's face, and it's you! :confused3 :rotfl2:

Okay, I'm embarrassed. How did I not realize you, Jen, were Jenny Sanders? I've been on these boards for over 20 years, and I've heard (read) the name several times, I follow you on YT, and IG, and clicked on your TR this morning, and shocker, I see Jen and Joe On The Go's face, and it's you! :confused3 :rotfl2:
LOL! The DIS will always be my first love. I've been writing TR's here forever. 😁

:scratchin I am tempted to fly in the night before for our trip next year. It sure would save a lot of hassles on travel day, and we would get a full day in the parks on "arrival day". We have stayed at an O'Hare hotel with park and fly, and that seems to work out well too, but actually being in Florida when we wake up on Day 1 would be an incredible bonus!

I’m late to the party, but you haven’t gotten too far yet so I don’t feel too bad.

looks like smooth travel and delicious food. I can’t believe you got a room ready so early! How lucky. And also love that you met George again and he made a special guest appearance on your vlog!

Hiya. Looking forward to reading about the latest trip with the vixens and vodka! Love your trip reports and you’ve already gotten off to a great start. WBG sounds so good-with luck I will be there one day🤞
Another Crown watcher here. We watched from the start, then got a bit fed up with it and took a break but thanks to covid, lockdown ( a year of being nowhere anniversary on 16th March😱) and the fact that we’ve literally watched everything Netflix/Sky has to offer, we’ve started watching again and now we aren’t quite sure why we felt the need to take a break:confused3:rotfl2:

ETA have you seen the new Robin Hood Dooney & Burke bag? I instantly thought of you Jen 😊

Last edited:
I’m also planning on flying in the night before for our next trip. I’ve contemplated it before but never took the plunge but I’m pretty sure it’s happening next time. But I think we will go straight to our resorts and hit RD the next day since we don’t go to Disney that often and it’ll just be me and DD.

Love the review at WBG. I may need to make a stop.

Following along. Enjoying, as usual, all the Jen and Joe antics. Decided not to go to Disney in Feb because of the weather....BUT leaving on Thursday for Coronado Springs. Wine Bar George reservation Thursday night at 7. Will be my first time there. 🍷🍷🍷🍷

I don't know about any of you but it makes no sense to crowd the airport (there's absolutely no social distancing), pack the plane (full flight, not 1 empty seat), but you have to socially distance when boarding a SW flight. Groups of 10, 6 feet apart only. Am I missing something here???
No, Jenny, you're not missing anything... everywhere we turn there is inconsistency and just plain silliness. I don't know why it's been so hard to pick a lane and just stay in it with just about every aspect of this entire debaucle of Covid. Sigh.... I have such a hard time with procedures that make absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

Wine Bar George is our favorite restaurant on property. The service and food have been exceptional every time we have been here and we have been here quite a few tim

It's super growing on me too!! The food has always been fantastic! We went there too last month and I'll be writing a review of it soon. :)

Joe started with the Wake-Up Call, espresso-infused Barsol Pisco, caffe Borghetti espresso liqueur.

Holy Crap!!! My favorite liquor in my favorite drink?!?! A pisco coffee you say?! :faint:

As we were filming our vlog celebrating 1K subs, the best thing in the world happened. George himself delivered our food and gave us a shout-out on our vlog!!!! This was so exciting and greatly appreciated. This was the second time we had met George and it wouldn't be the last this trip...

That's so awesome!!

love the Crown. Been watching it from the very beginning. At first I found the new actors jarring but you get used to it. Though I love the earlier years much more than the more current ones.
I loved the early ones, my favorite by far, I took a break from The Crown because the older Queen was so hard to get used too. I’m watching again and do enjoy it but not as much as Downton Abbey!
SAME!!!! Joe and I just don't understand why they just didn't age the actors. Matt Smith was phenomenal!!!
I couldn’t agree more. What a great series!

E92DCF88-CE49-4814-AB36-EB7F50941408.jpeg
That looks AMAZING!!!!

:scratchin I am tempted to fly in the night before for our trip next year. It sure would save a lot of hassles on travel day, and we would get a full day in the parks on "arrival day". We have stayed at an O'Hare hotel with park and fly, and that seems to work out well too, but actually being in Florida when we wake up on Day 1 would be an incredible bonus!
This worked out really well for us, so I think we will do it again!

looks like smooth travel and delicious food. I can’t believe you got a room ready so early! How lucky. And also love that you met George again and he made a special guest appearance on your vlog!
Actually, all 3 of our Disney rooms were ready before 10 am. Yay!

Hiya. Looking forward to reading about the latest trip with the vixens and vodka! Love your trip reports and you’ve already gotten off to a great start. WBG sounds so good-with luck I will be there one day🤞
Another Crown watcher here. We watched from the start, then got a bit fed up with it and took a break but thanks to covid, lockdown ( a year of being nowhere anniversary on 16th March😱) and the fact that we’ve literally watched everything Netflix/Sky has to offer, we’ve started watching again and now we aren’t quite sure why we felt the need to take a break:confused3:rotfl2:

ETA have you seen the new Robin Hood Dooney & Burke bag? I instantly thought of you Jen 😊
:welcome:
Hi Moira!!!!
I just wished they would have just aged the original actors.

I’m also planning on flying in the night before for our next trip. I’ve contemplated it before but never took the plunge but I’m pretty sure it’s happening next time. But I think we will go straight to our resorts and hit RD the next day since we don’t go to Disney that often and it’ll just be me and DD.

Love the review at WBG. I may need to make a stop.
I can't recommend it enough!!!

Following along. Enjoying, as usual, all the Jen and Joe antics. Decided not to go to Disney in Feb because of the weather....BUT leaving on Thursday for Coronado Springs. Wine Bar George reservation Thursday night at 7. Will be my first time there. 🍷🍷🍷🍷
You will hopefully love it as much as we do!!!

No, Jenny, you're not missing anything... everywhere we turn there is inconsistency and just plain silliness. I don't know why it's been so hard to pick a lane and just stay in it with just about every aspect of this entire debaucle of Covid. Sigh.... I have such a hard time with procedures that make absolutely NO sense whatsoever.
That's been my #1 complaint with all of this. Keep it consistent!!!!!!

Holy Crap!!! My favorite liquor in my favorite drink?!?! A pisco coffee you say?! :faint:
Joe absolutely loved this and ordered it again later on in the trip.

I couldn’t agree more. What a great series!
Matt Smith was so fun! I loved his cockiness!!!!

That looks AMAZING!!!!
It is honestly the best thing I have ever eaten, lol!

As if we didn't eat enough at WBG, we deemed it necessary to keep our reservation at Beaches and Cream and pop over for some ice cream. Joe ordered some kind of Dreamsicle shake that tasted like sunshine in a glass and I went with a boring Coke float. Joe's was the sure winner and I regretted not ordering something a little fancier as soon as I tasted his delicious treat.

Bellies overly full, we drove back to GDT to unpack, get settled and freshen up for the evening ahead. We had big plans to meet up with 2 of our favorite couples in the whole, entire world, Ariane and Steve and Melinda and R. For some reason, I am unable to link them here...☹

Next up, The Rix...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter