Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

I don't know about any of you but it makes no sense to crowd the airport (there's absolutely no social distancing), pack the plane (full flight, not 1 empty seat), but you have to socially distance when boarding a SW flight. Groups of 10, 6 feet apart only. Am I missing something here??? Anyway, we boarded, found seats, and got situated. We were in row 7.

LOL I haven't flown since September when they were still leaving middle seats open and flights were relatively empty...not looking forward to jamming in. Although I did like that it took away the awkwardness of squishing between the Southwest boarding markers that NEVER have enough space and everyone is constantly asking what number you are.

The flight was uneventful, with just a tiny bit of turbulence. Joe and I amused ourselves by watching The Crown. This is our new, favorite show, but we both hate how every 2 seasons, the cast is changed. Why not age the actors???

LOOOVE the Crown and it's always the hardest when the cast changes but I found that after a while the second generation cast really does grow on you!! Some of the best episodes of the series are in Season 3!!

Hi everyone! If you’re new here, welcome! If you’ve been here before, welcome back, and thanks for joining in again!

This trip took place from February 12th to February 21st. It was me and Joe and 4 of our favorite friends. It was our very first time being in Disney World over Valentine’s Day. ❤ We celebrated a milestone birthday, stayed at 5 different hotels (3 of them Disney resorts), and made a side trip to St Augustine. We attended FARTS, tried 2 new restaurants, and went back to a couple of classics. This trip was packed full of fun, higher crowds, and lots of appearances from the Disney Drinkers. With all that being said, I hope you will grab your favorite adult beverage and follow along on this amazing vacation!!

View attachment 560219

Next up, TRAVEL DAY!!!

I was being to worry that something had happened to you guys - you have been gone for what seems like forever. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

We are now taking a late flight next week, but I decided my preference is to make the 45 minute drive to our hotel, settle in, and then have a more relaxed morning with more time to get to the parks. However I have always wanted to stay at the Hyatt at the airport and it was something I considered
Hi Dina! We didn't have anything planned until 1 pm the next day, so we were able to take our time. It just worked out so well and totally beat getting up at the crack of dawn for that stupid 6 am flight, lol.

LOL I haven't flown since September when they were still leaving middle seats open and flights were relatively empty...not looking forward to jamming in. Although I did like that it took away the awkwardness of squishing between the Southwest boarding markers that NEVER have enough space and everyone is constantly asking what number you are.
People still stand there awkwardly, lol!!! Then, they rush the podium, so I think people were boarding waaaay out of line.

I was being to worry that something had happened to you guys - you have been gone for what seems like forever. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
LOL! We're here. I just kind of lost the enthusiasm I had for writing the reports. I think I just had to find my groove again. Happy we were missed. 😁

Great travel day! I've been trying to talk DH into leaving on Friday night for our trip in May but I haven't been successful yet. I've always wondered what the Hyatt at the airport was like. Thanks for opening that door for us. Are you wearing the UP pjs from the Disney Store? I just got my pain in this week and can't wait to wear them in Disney.

Great travel day! I've been trying to talk DH into leaving on Friday night for our trip in May but I haven't been successful yet. I've always wondered what the Hyatt at the airport was like. Thanks for opening that door for us. Are you wearing the UP pjs from the Disney Store? I just got my pain in this week and can't wait to wear them in Disney.
Thank you. This turned out to be such a good decision.
Yes, I am wearing my Up pj's. I love them.

Loving your TR and vlogs! Looking forward to more! Thanks for posting!
:welcome:
Thank you so much!!!! That means a lot to us.

This morning we slept in, showered, and packed. We were moving to our first Disney resort of the trip and had received our room-ready text before 9 am. SCORE! This was great news, as it allowed us to drop off our bags in our room, get settled and make our way to Disney Springs for our first dining reservation of the trip, Wine Bar George.

Wine Bar George is our favorite restaurant on property. The service and food have been exceptional every time we have been here and we have been here quite a few times. We were seated immediately after checking in and were given a table upstairs. This reservation was special for 2 reasons. First, we were excited to have the Brunch Burrata again, and second, we were celebrating a HUGE milestone on our YouTube channel. We had made it to 1K subscribers, which is big because it means you now start getting paid for all your hard work. We actually didn't think we would hit this goal until mid-March, so imagine our surprise when it actually happened a few weeks before our Disney trip...

Joe started with the Wake-Up Call, espresso-infused Barsol Pisco, caffe Borghetti espresso liqueur. I had a glass of Reisling. We both ordered our own Burrata because it's that good and neither of us wanted to share.

As we were filming our vlog celebrating 1K subs, the best thing in the world happened. George himself delivered our food and gave us a shout-out on our vlog!!!! This was so exciting and greatly appreciated. This was the second time we had met George and it wouldn't be the last this trip...

After an amazing meal, we walked around DS for a bit and did some shopping.

964CFDEC-96AD-4F98-8A9A-424C81095D37.jpegE92DCF88-CE49-4814-AB36-EB7F50941408.jpeg

Next Up, Joe and I Save Room for Dessert!

Last edited:
Joining in!!!

Sounds like a very smooth travel day- and smart idea to stay at the Hyatt at MCO that night!

And sounds like an amazing meal at Wine Bar George. I still need to get there one day!

Joining in!!!

Sounds like a very smooth travel day- and smart idea to stay at the Hyatt at MCO that night!

And sounds like an amazing meal at Wine Bar George. I still need to get there one day!
:welcome:
It was such a smooth travel day. WBG has proven time and time again to be the best restaurant in all of Disney!!!

That Burrata looks really good. I can't wait to see the unveiling of the UP cake.
The Brunch Burrata is amazing. But the regular Burrata is good too.
We have a whole vlog on the Up cake coming at some point...

Love this! Just made reservations at Wine Bar George for brunch in April!
WBG is a must-do on every tri[!!!
I hope you like it as much as we do.

the convenience can't be beaten!!!

I agree - we discovered this after booking a couple of early morning flights where we had to drive 2 hours just to get to the airport. After doing that twice, we finally booked a stay at the hotel for the night before. I had not thought about doing that for Disney and the arrival - we book the red-eye and are super tired the next day. Thanks for the tip!

You all didn't know this (well, one or 2 of you did), but the original plan had Joe and I taking that dreadful early morning flight out of Midway in Chicago on the 13th. After stressing about it and worrying about it and just plain having zero desire to wake up before dawn, Joe and I decided to fly out the night before. It was an easy change to make and it turned out to be a REALLY good decision. We changed our flight date and time (SW is really great about this) and booked a hotel for our first night in Orlando. Because our flight wasn't landing until 10 pm, we decided on the Hyatt Orlando International Hotel right at the airport. I'd always wanted to stay here because I had seen other Disers have good experiences here after a late flight and the convenience can't be beaten!!!
We are planning on staying at the Airport Hyatt on our December trip. We will leave Friday night after work and be ready to hit the parks bright and early Saturday morning!
The flight was uneventful, with just a tiny bit of turbulence. Joe and I amused ourselves by watching The Crown. This is our new, favorite show, but we both hate how every 2 seasons, the cast is changed. Why not age the actors???
Bill and I are obsessed with the Crown. We've watched it since the beginning. I actually love the change in cast as it is wonderful to get to see so many talented actors.
Wine Bar George is our favorite restaurant on property. The service and food have been exceptional every time we have been here and we have been here quite a few times. We were seated immediately after checking in and were given a table upstairs. This reservation was special for 2 reasons. First, we were excited to have the Brunch Burrata again, and second, we were celebrating a HUGE milestone on our YouTube channel. We had made it to 1K subscribers, which is big because it means you now start getting paid for all your hard work. We actually didn't think we would hit this goal until mid-March, so imagine our surprise when it actually happened a few weeks before our Disney trip...
I know I commented on the video but want to say it again....Congratulations! What an amazing milestone and the perfect way to celebrate it. :)
Joe started with the Wake-Up Call, espresso-infused Barsol Pisco, caffe Borghetti espresso liqueur. I had a glass of Reisling. We both ordered our own Burrata because it's that good and neither of us wanted to share.
That looks fantastic, I definitely need to get to WBG sooner than later!

Sister wife reporting for duty! Though all of these vixens and valentines sounds very sketchy given our marital arrangement :earboy2:

I don't know about any of you but it makes no sense to crowd the airport (there's absolutely no social distancing), pack the plane (full flight, not 1 empty seat), but you have to socially distance when boarding a SW flight. Groups of 10, 6 feet apart only. Am I missing something here??? Anyway, we boarded, found seats, and got situated. We were in row 7.
That does make zero sense. We were watching a live stream from Disney the other day and I was laughing at the same thing. They distance the line, have plastic between rows, then piled strangers in the row in right front of you on big thunder. :confused3

Joe and I amused ourselves by watching The Crown. This is our new, favorite show, but we both hate how every 2 seasons, the cast is changed. Why not age the actors???
I love the Crown. Been watching it from the very beginning. At first I found the new actors jarring but you get used to it. Though I love the earlier years much more than the more current ones.

his is where the convenience of staying at MCO comes in
We stayed here once and it worked out great for us too. If I recall we even used Hyatt points so it was convenient and free. Plus we could sleep in the next morning. Jason for reasons that still escape me likes an early morning flight though. He says it feels more like vacation that way. Though whenever we finally get back to Disney I'm pretty sure we're going to drive so we'll see how that works out for us.

E92DCF88-CE49-4814-AB36-EB7F50941408.jpeg
This looks absolutely divine. What I wouldn't give for some of that right about now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter