Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

When we opened the door, we found that we had been upgraded from a studio to a 2 Bedroom Suite. This was a fantastic surprise and we loved the newly refurbed room. We were also in the section closest to DS, so we were eager to walk over there for a beverage of some sort and a bit of retail therapy.

I love your free upgrade to a 2br villa at Saratoga Springs. That was really nice. The remodeled villa is beautiful. I like the Murphy bed instead of a sofa bed. I think all of the resorts should move to those kinds of beds. If they did then I would consider staying in a studio. :)

Too bad you didn't have a longer time in the 2br villa. ::yes::

Last edited:
After lunch and our surrey bike excursion, it was time to check into our final resort of the stay, Saratoga Springs. We actually received our room-ready text at about 930 am. We found our building and got a parking spot close to the entrance. We had a first-floor room, so we lugged all of our stuff from the car to our room right away. SURPRISE!!! When we opened the door, we found that we had been upgraded from a studio to a 2 Bedroom Suite. This was a fantastic surprise and we loved the newly refurbed room. We were also in the section closest to DS, so we were eager to walk over there for a beverage of some sort and a bit of retail therapy.
The rooms are SO beautiful and that was an awesome upgrade! I find the upgrades happen mostly on shorter stays.
The walk was about 10 minutes, quite lovely, actually. But wow!!! DS was beyond crowded. It was so congested that Joe and I grabbed drinks at Dockside Margaritas (this was a great choice), some treats from Goofy's, and walked it back to the room to just chill and relax before our dinner reservation back in Disney Springs.
Perfect choice to stroll over for drinks and treats, then relax back at the resort!

Too funny we are doing the same thing. Decided to bite the bullet and fly. We had credits from flights we didn't take last year and the only flight they had was a day early. So disappointed :rotfl2:
LOL! We always end up doing this.

Wow!!! Awesome upgrade. And 3 bathrooms. Hope you and Joe broke them all in :earboy2: In all of our years going to Disney we have been upgraded exactly zero times :(
LOL!!!! We tend to get upgrade quite a bit for some reason (NOT COMPLAINING).

I love your free upgrade to a 2br villa at Saratoga Springs. That was really nice. The remodeled villa is beautiful. I like the Murphy bed instead of a sofa bed. I think all of the resorts should move to those kinds of beds. If they did then I would consider staying in a studio. :)

Too bad you didn't have a longer time in the 2br villa. ::yes::
We were shocked! I wish we had been booked to stay there longer too.

Wow! Nice!
We were surprised!

The rooms are SO beautiful and that was an awesome upgrade! I find the upgrades happen mostly on shorter stays.
I agree.

Perfect choice to stroll over for drinks and treats, then relax back at the resort!
DS has been insane lately. I have no desire to push my way through people just to shop, lol!

YAY for a room upgrade!! Love when that happens!

The food from St. Pete's looked amazing!! I mean, really, it looked actually superior to most Disney food lately. ::yes::

I can't believe how crowded Disney Springs has been during the Covid restrictions. It looks like a very nice walk from SSR, though. :)
I know, right! The crowds have been crazy, especially on the weekends.

YAY for a room upgrade!! Love when that happens!
We were sooooo surprised. I love when that happens too.

The food from St. Pete's looked amazing!! I mean, really, it looked actually superior to most Disney food lately. ::yes::
I will agree with you 100%. Disney food is just so inconsistent. Although WBG has always been amazing!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:BIG NEWS TO SHARE!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Timmy has been offered and has accepted a FT position with Walt Disney World!!!! He was also offered a position with the DCP but turned that down because he didn't want to be in the same position of looking for a job when the College Program ended. I'm not at liberty to say what he will be doing or where he will be working at this time but will be sharing those exciting details very soon on our YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/JenandJoeontheGo

He is actually moving down to Orlando tonight. Joe and Tim are flying into St Pete and will be off to Orlando this Tuesday. We had his car shipped down this past Wednesday and finished signing papers on his apartment lease just yesterday. It has been very stressful but very wonderful at the same time. I am going to miss him horribly but I know this has been his dream since HS and I'm so extremely happy his dream has come true. It also makes it a bit easier that he's leaving because Joe and I will be back down at the end of June to see him and to bring him more of his things. We may have a couple of more trips planned too...:rolleyes1

So, if you happen to see Tim out and about in Disney, make sure you say hi!!!!

He is actually moving down to Orlando tonight. Joe and Tim are flying into St Pete and will be off to Orlando this Tuesday. We had his car shipped down this past Wednesday and finished signing papers on his apartment lease just yesterday. It has been very stressful but very wonderful at the same time. I am going to miss him horribly but I know this has been his dream since HS and I'm so extremely happy his dream has come true. It also makes it a bit easier that he's leaving because Joe and I will be back down at the end of June to see him and to bring him more of his things. We may have a couple of more trips planned too...:rolleyes1
So happy and excited for Tim! Nothing better than a dream coming true! :goodvibes

I will agree with you 100%. Disney food is just so inconsistent. Although WBG has always been amazing!
I've been a few times now, and agree fully. Always been really top notch and CONSISTENT. Mmm, fried mac and cheese balls....

HAPPY, and very exciting news for Tim!! So glad that all worked and am looking forward to hearing about his journey!

I've been a few times now, and agree fully. Always been really top notch and CONSISTENT. Mmm, fried mac and cheese balls....

HAPPY, and very exciting news for Tim!! So glad that all worked and am looking forward to hearing about his journey!
WBG is the best and I can't wait to have lunch there again in a few weeks. Yay!
We got Tim all moved down but it's been VERY stressful. Sigh.

You know how happy I am for Timmy ❤❤❤ I really hope I get to meet him on one of our trips soon!!! Wherever he's working :goodvibes
😘

Congratulations to Tim! Fabulous news and an extra reason for you to visit WDW (not that we need excuses lol)
LOL! He's all moved down. It's just been a very stressful experience.

Congrats to Tim!!!! That is so exciting! Can't wait to hear what he will be doing.
Thank you. He's really happy to be there but everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter