Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

Exciting - More DisMeets ! You haven’t even finished this report and I am already looking forward to the next one .
Aww! Thank you so much. I really appreciate that.

Yay more Disney trips!! I feel like this trip was very go go go so hopefully having a more relaxed trip with a built in pool day will be a nice change of pace!
Most definitely. Joe and I never spend any more than about 5 hours in the parks anyway but I am really looking forward to another nonpark day. That's exactly how I like to do Disney now, lol!!!

Hi Jenny,
I love your fashion video, I love all your outfits and definitely fabulous at 50. I think it is a great idea to show your travel outfits and where you got them. I tend to stick with t shirts and shorts n our trips but the flowy dresses look super comfortable!
I’m excited you have a Disney trip in the works, ours will be earlier in June. I wish we would have had the same experience at OKW as you did. Our room was so noisy it turned us off for sure!
Hi Caroline! I hope you had a great trip. I'm so happy you finally got to go back!
I think after a year of dressing like a slob and barely leaving my house (except to go to Florida, lol) I feel the need to dress up more.

So exciting! I love F&G so much. :)
I do too. I'm very excited to be going back.

Awesome! I am sure shenanigans will ensue!
Most definitely. Kari is my sister wife after all, lol!

I need to try out OKW one trip.
I wasn't expecting to like it so much! I'm excited to be going back for a longer stay.

Mmmm, I love Narcoosees. Hopefully you have a better experience at Rose and Crown than I did.
Me too!!!! We did the Tea Experience at R&C and that was awesome, so hoping the food will be good too.

We stayed at OKW once and really liked it. I hope more things are back to normal by then.
Disney just announced temperature screenings are ending. Yay!!!

Hooray for another trip! Sounds lovely. We haven't stayed at Old Key West in AGES but I'm sure you will have a great time.
Hi Dina! I am really looking forward to staying a tad longer this time!!!

So exciting! We love OKW and the vibe there!
We loved it too. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it like I did. When I suggested going back to Joe, he was excited as well. We loved the chilled vibe it gave off.

Speaking of resorts, we are staying at OKW again because we fell in love with it back in February. I had not expected to like it as much as I did. It's got such a chill vibe that I wanted to be able to spend more time there so we have a full pool day built-in.

Sounds like so much fun! Our first week long trip was at OKW and we loved it. My Nicholas was 4 and learned to swim underwater in that pool, so that resort will always have a special place in my heart :love:

We will be spending time with friends too. Nope, not Ariane and Steve, but, we will be seeing @kastoney (my sister wife) and her family

I'm so happy for you all! You're going to have so much fun!

Joe and I slept in a bit, finished packing, showered, and loaded up the car. We had one more spot to hit before we had to get on the road (we were driving to St Augustine for my dad's memorial service the next day). We had reservations at Ale and Compass and this would be a new restaurant for the 2 of us. I had heard only good things so I was excited to try it out.

Happy to say that we loved our meals. We were seated right away at a HUGE table for 8. Yep, it was that big. It was nice to spread out and be able to vlog without anything in our way. Our server was fabulous and the food was exceptional. I had bacon and eggs and Joe had blueberry/bacon pancakes. I believe we both had cappuccinos too.

After our delicious breakfast, Joe and I did a little shopping at the Yacht Club and then sadly, it was time to leave. But don't worry...We would be coming back to WDW for 2 more nights before having to fly home to Chicago.

As a lot of you know, my dad passed away very unexpectedly last October. Since my entire family is in Florida, my mom chose to have the service while Joe and I would be down for our February vacation. This worked out nicely because we were able to properly say goodbye to my dad (stupid Covid prevented us from doing this last fall) and we were able to see family. I will include a few picks of Joe and I with Gia at the luncheon my mom had...She's gotten so big and I know a lot of you have been with me since the day she was born and have enjoyed watching her grow up.

Next up, Joe and I check into a new Disney Resort...It's one neither of us had stayed at before...

(we were driving to St Augustine for my dad's memorial service the next day).

:hug:

Happy to say that we loved our meals. We were seated right away at a HUGE table for 8. Yep, it was that big. It was nice to spread out and be able to vlog without anything in our way. Our server was fabulous and the food was exceptional. I had bacon and eggs and Joe had blueberry/bacon pancakes. I believe we both had cappuccinos too.

Everything looks great. When we were there we ate at Ale & Compass Lounge and another night got Ale & Compass to go and all of our food was delicious.

I will include a few picks of Joe and I with Gia at the luncheon my mom had...She's gotten so big and I know a lot of you have been with me since the day she was born and have enjoyed watching her grow up.

Adorable :love:

I'm so glad you and your family could put some much needed closure to this chapter. Again, Jenny, I"m so sorry for your loss; saying good bye is never easy. :hug:

Everything looks great. When we were there we ate at Ale & Compass Lounge and another night got Ale & Compass to go and all of our food was delicious.
We were really impressed. I plan on making reservations for July too.

I'm so glad you and your family could put some much needed closure to this chapter. Again, Jenny, I"m so sorry for your loss; saying good bye is never easy. :hug:
Thank you my friend. ❤

I know I've seen a few pictures of Gia since Feb but she just looks so big there ❤

Really glad you like Ale and Compass, we've liked our breakfasts there too!

Bacon IN the pancakes?! What a delicious breakfast.

I’m glad you were finally able to have a memorial and spend time with your family. Gia is starting to look less like a kid and more like a young lady...

We had reservations at Ale and Compass and this would be a new restaurant for the 2 of us.
We just had breakfast there on Friday. It has become our "going home" day breakfast whenever we are staying at the Yacht Club, or Beach Club when it reopens. :)

Since my entire family is in Florida, my mom chose to have the service while Joe and I would be down for our February vacation. This worked out nicely because we were able to properly say goodbye to my dad (stupid Covid prevented us from doing this last fall) and we were able to see family.
I'm sorry for your loss. It was really nice that you could see the family. Gia is still as cute as always. :)

I know I've seen a few pictures of Gia since Feb but she just looks so big there ❤
I know! She just got her hair cut and she looks even older.

Really glad you like Ale and Compass, we've liked our breakfasts there too!
We absolutely loved it!!!!

Bacon IN the pancakes?! What a delicious breakfast.
It was so good!

I’m glad you were finally able to have a memorial and spend time with your family. Gia is starting to look less like a kid and more like a young lady...
Thank you. I'm so sad that Gia is growing up, lol. I always tell her that I want her to stay little.

We just had breakfast there on Friday. It has become our "going home" day breakfast whenever we are staying at the Yacht Club, or Beach Club when it reopens. :)
We can't fit it in for our June trip, unfortunately, but hoping for later in the year...

I'm sorry for your loss. It was really nice that you could see the family. Gia is still as cute as always. :)
Thank you. Gia is getting so big, lol!

We were headed back to Disney and were checking into a new resort for both Joe and myself. We received our room-ready text while still in St Augustine. This was our second Disney resort of the vacation and both rooms were ready quite early in the day which was really awesome.

The only negative thing I can say about OKW is that there are only 3 buildings with elevators which is a pain when having to lug tons of suitcases up 2-3 flights of stairs to your room. Other than that, Joe and I fell in love with this resort. It has such a laid-back, chill vibe. We loved it so much that we immediately booked it again for June. We were in a preferred location, Building 28, which is behind the pool area and Great Ceremonial House. We booked a studio.

After we freshened up and got settled, Joe and I went over to the Gurgling Suitcase for a couple cocktails. This has become one of my favorite bars and I can't wait to go back.

Next up, dinner at The Wave...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter