Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

Hello everyone and thank you for all the well wishes for Tim. Joe got him all moved down. His car made it, and he's getting to know the heavily trafficked area of Orlando. Seriously, that city is a mess. I thought it was bad up here in Chicago. Nope! Orlando is an entirely different ballgame. There's a housing shortage, which means apartment rentals are more expensive. Blah! Blah! Blah! It's just crazy how populated the area has become.

We've had some apartment issues. We had originally leased a studio. When Joe and Tim finally saw it in person, Joe immediately went back to the leasing office and upgraded him to a 1 bedroom. He didn't have any hot water last night, so the poor kid had to take an ice-cold shower. His dishwasher isn't working. Two of the doors aren't sealed properly, AND they are short-staffed in the maintenance department. Sigh. So, Timmy has called me several times VERY unhappy. This makes me unhappy as his mom. I want this to be a great experience for him because now it's more than the DCP, it's his home. He's committed to his lease for 12 months and can't change jobs for 12 months. On the upside, he's in a brand new unit and he's the first to live in it. The grounds are nicely manicured and his complex has 3 pools and lots of fun amenities.

On the positive, he now has hot water, and maintenance is scheduled to come around 5. Let's pray that all works out...

Now, for the BEST news!!!! Tim will be working at All-Star Movies. He will have 4/10 hour shifts, which means 3 days off a week to enjoy his new city and all the attractions around him. This month, Disney employees are allowed back into the parks. So, the timing couldn't be better!!!! Tim will also be working in housekeeping. Yep, he won't be needing his Bachelors in Mass Communications to clean rooms but he at least has a FT job with the company he has wanted to work for since he was in middle school. He will also have benefits and insurance after the 90 day trial period.

What I've learned moving your child 5 states away...You have to let your kids live their dreams and experience all the highs and lows that come with it. At some point, you have to recognize that they are adults and have to live the life that they want, not the one that you want for them. I know that Tim won't be in housekeeping forever. With his work ethic and personality, I see him advancing with Disney and living his best life. ❤

If you happen to see him around, introduce yourself and say hi!!!!

I'm finally caught back up. Our trip at the beginning of May and trying to get DD ready for DCP has really kept up busy. I have enjoyed all the videos.

Congrats to Tim! I'm so happy for him. I will tell Danielle to keep an eye out for him. I will be looking for him Labor Day Weekend while I'm staying at Movies. This will be my first trip back to visit Danielle. It really is hard to let you kids grow up.

I'm finally caught back up. Our trip at the beginning of May and trying to get DD ready for DCP has really kept up busy. I have enjoyed all the videos.

Congrats to Tim! I'm so happy for him. I will tell Danielle to keep an eye out for him. I will be looking for him Labor Day Weekend while I'm staying at Movies. This will be my first trip back to visit Danielle. It really is hard to let you kids grow up.
Congrats to your daughter as well!!!
Moving Tim down there has had its challenges but he's feeling much better about things today so that means I feel better, lol!

Delighted that Tim is living his dream and even if there’s been a few hiccups along the way he will get settled and sorted which will help make both of you happy. It’s hard when our kids move away but it’s so great to see them do the things they want to with their lives. A 4 day working week sounds like the perfect balance of work and play. I’m betting you can’t wait to visit 😊

Ugh so sorry to hear Timmy was having so much trouble with his apartment. But since its brand new hopefully just some growing pains that he'll get out of the way early. On the brighter side glad to hear his schedule will be so nice and you of course can't beat benefits and living out your Disney dream. I'm secretly hoping Casey follows in his shoes some day.

Hello everyone and thank you for all the well wishes for Tim. Joe got him all moved down. His car made it, and he's getting to know the heavily trafficked area of Orlando. Seriously, that city is a mess. I thought it was bad up here in Chicago. Nope! Orlando is an entirely different ballgame. There's a housing shortage, which means apartment rentals are more expensive. Blah! Blah! Blah! It's just crazy how populated the area has become.
I guess it's such a popular area with Disney and Universal there.
We've had some apartment issues. We had originally leased a studio. When Joe and Tim finally saw it in person, Joe immediately went back to the leasing office and upgraded him to a 1 bedroom. He didn't have any hot water last night, so the poor kid had to take an ice-cold shower. His dishwasher isn't working. Two of the doors aren't sealed properly, AND they are short-staffed in the maintenance department. Sigh. So, Timmy has called me several times VERY unhappy. This makes me unhappy as his mom. I want this to be a great experience for him because now it's more than the DCP, it's his home. He's committed to his lease for 12 months and can't change jobs for 12 months. On the upside, he's in a brand new unit and he's the first to live in it. The grounds are nicely manicured and his complex has 3 pools and lots of fun amenities.
Yikes! I think we feel everything they are feeling....the joys of being a mom! Hopefully he will get settled in soon. It'll be so nice for you to go down soon to visit him. :)
What I've learned moving your child 5 states away...You have to let your kids live their dreams and experience all the highs and lows that come with it. At some point, you have to recognize that they are adults and have to live the life that they want, not the one that you want for them. I know that Tim won't be in housekeeping forever. With his work ethic and personality, I see him advancing with Disney and living his best life. ❤
That is so true! We bring our children into the world but they are only on loan to us. We are there to guide them and help prepare them to live life on their own terms. It sounds like you and Joe have done a fantastic job raising an independent young man who is living his dreams. Who could ask for anything better? :hug:

Delighted that Tim is living his dream and even if there’s been a few hiccups along the way he will get settled and sorted which will help make both of you happy. It’s hard when our kids move away but it’s so great to see them do the things they want to with their lives. A 4 day working week sounds like the perfect balance of work and play. I’m betting you can’t wait to visit 😊
There have been so many issues. lol! He went to onboarding today. Next is Traditions and after that work!!! Yay!!!

Ugh so sorry to hear Timmy was having so much trouble with his apartment. But since its brand new hopefully just some growing pains that he'll get out of the way early. On the brighter side glad to hear his schedule will be so nice and you of course can't beat benefits and living out your Disney dream. I'm secretly hoping Casey follows in his shoes some day.
Things are getting better. Matt went down to help him out for 24 hours. Remind me to tell you about Matt's flight when we see you soon. For 15 minutes last night, I couldn't breathe. Sigh.

Wow we are staying there Monday night! I wonder if I will see him. Yay for him!
He won't officially start until after Traditions on the 15th. :)

That is so true! We bring our children into the world but they are only on loan to us. We are there to guide them and help prepare them to live life on their own terms. It sounds like you and Joe have done a fantastic job raising an independent young man who is living his dreams. Who could ask for anything better? :hug:
It's hard!!!! This has definitely been a learning curve. matt moving to Ohio was soooooooooo much easier.

Thought you all might like to see a few pics of Tim and his brother, Matt. Matt flew down to Orlando for 24 hours to help his brother out a little more. After shopping, putting together furniture, and helping Tim get more organized, I found a last-minute dinner reservation for them at The Wave this past Sunday night. They were able to enjoy filets and lobster tails and get a little bit of Disney magic in before Matt had to leave the next day. Their server even brought Tim a cupcake to celebrate his FT employment as a CM with the Mouse!!!! For some reason, the DIS isn't publishing these pics correctly. I apologize for them being upside down and turned the wrong way!!!

93369C44-70B3-4F11-9544-7E18AC25E12E.jpeg35AB19FC-70D1-4CA2-A1F3-DC92B1E0F632.jpeg833053BA-793A-4203-B4CF-0C87B1586EF0.jpeg

Last edited:
We got Tim all moved down but it's been VERY stressful. Sigh.

Moving is SO stressful. Ask me how I know!

He didn't have any hot water last night, so the poor kid had to take an ice-cold shower. His dishwasher isn't working. Two of the doors aren't sealed properly, AND they are short-staffed in the maintenance department. Sigh. So, Timmy has called me several times VERY unhappy. This makes me unhappy as his mom. I want this to be a great experience for him because now it's more than the DCP, it's his home.

It needs to be better than this. Glad things are getting worked out! How horrible sounding!

On the upside, he's in a brand new unit and he's the first to live in it. The grounds are nicely manicured and his complex has 3 pools and lots of fun amenities.

Sounds GREAT!

Tim will also be working in housekeeping.

A job you love to go to isn't really like a job. Soon enough he'll be doing other things and loving that too.

I know that Tim won't be in housekeeping forever. With his work ethic and personality, I see him advancing with Disney and living his best life. ❤

You have to prove yourself in EVERY new job. He'll do GREAT!!

Matt flew down to Orlando for 24 hours to help his brother out a little more.
This warms my heart!

Looks like some great brother time. Steak, Lobster and cupcakes are the best way to celebrate.

We're in packing h_ll. DD has her stuff spread out in every room of the house while she packs. Sometimes I'm very sad to see her go and sometimes it can't come soon enough.

Moving is SO stressful. Ask me how I know!
LOL! I hope to not have to do it again for a looooong time!

You have to prove yourself in EVERY new job. He'll do GREAT!!
Aww! Thank you my friend.

Aw how lovely is it that Matt flew down to help his brother out. You raised those kids right that’s for sure ❤
It was very sweet of him!!!!

We're in packing h_ll. DD has her stuff spread out in every room of the house while she packs. Sometimes I'm very sad to see her go and sometimes it can't come soon enough.
I hope it goes very smoothly for you!!!!!

:)
They were able to enjoy filets and lobster tails and get a little bit of Disney magic in before Matt had to leave the next day. Their server even brought Tim a cupcake to celebrate his FT employment as a CM with the Mouse!!!! For some reason, the DIS isn't publishing these pics correctly. I apologize for them being upside down and turned the wrong way!!!
So nice! That was really kind of Matt to go down and help out his brother. You have raised good men!

Our last dinner of the trip was at the Edison. This was the meal I was least looking forward to but ended up really enjoying. The Edison is located in DS and seems to always have availability. We had avoided it up to this point because there was always somewhere better or more familiar that we wanted to try or go back to. But, with pickings still being slim in the Disney bubble, we thought we'd give it a try. The food, service, decor, and live entertainment were all amazing. It was so fun having a band play while we enjoyed our meals. Joe had some sort of roast and I had the salmon. Both were delicious and very filling.

After dinner, we walked around DS for a while. We had to wait 25 minutes to get into Basin and everywhere else was just as crowded so we thought we'd call it a night. Besides, we had to get packing as the next day would be our last...

Next up, brunch at Wine Bar George before heading to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!